Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 1:52 PM
I have corrected the URL for the "Poster Importer"...

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 12:19 AM
appreciation in progress
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods

Thank you JWoods I shall give that poster importer a try now :D

Hope all is going well with you and yours!!
I'm here if ya need anything...

xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Inventor
#28 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 12:34 AM
Default I can't get it to work for me..
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods

Eh, it may be on their end or my end. I still can't get it working. It goes to their site, I click, authenticating me, can't verify me, error. :o

I enabled cookies and java but I did have a java based virus recently. Well, it was in my java folder and IE likes to be a pain! I dont' think I have it anymore but it may have messed up something.. My ie is already messed up. I just don't feel like reinstalling it (again).

Starts off:
"Download it from gaming access" (button)

I can't verify that you're an authentic user, upgrading permissions... [OK]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have Popups/Popunders enabled for GamingAccess, downloads will continue working for you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your download will automatically start in:
(countdown)
When I reach 1, it says:

ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND Not Found. Please contact [email protected] so that we can remove/fix this link

That's what I get JWoods. This was with IE.

Firefox gives me this:

You're an authentic user: [OK]
You have Popups/Popunders enabled for GamingAccess, downloads will continue working for you

(countdown)

When it gets to 1, I get this:
ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND Not Found. Please contact [email protected] so that we can remove/fix this link

Hope that helps..

xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Instructor
#29 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 12:27 PM
Im not sure if this is the right thread to post this question and Im unsure what thread to post it in so I thought I would post here but im curious to know because Ive been seeing it a lot these past few weeks if cloning things from the EP's making it avaible for non EP games has copyright issues with EA GAMES and Maxis I started wondering it when I saw windkeeper had done it with that single rose nightlife?? if this isnt the right thread please tell me which one to post on?
Thanks for you guys time
Dee

Geezus, Mary, and Joseph....
visit my yahoo grouphttp://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
and a great forumhttp://www.reflexsimsforum.com/
The ModFather
retired moderator
#30 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 1:08 PM
I don't know if it's the right thread, but the problem is extremely interesting.

In any case, we must consider that by default an object cloned from an EP object will not appear in the catalog in base games.
Editing the OBJD files in the clone can force the object to appear in the base games, but nevertheless, the new EP objects have some new functions (new global BHAVs) that don't exist in the base game; therefore, the clone won't work in the base game.
In some rare cases, it would be possible to import in the clone all the global BHAVs, but most of the new BHAVs in the EP are coded with a different system than the base game.

Summing up, I think that this "porting" problem may apply only to few purely decorative EP objects, and only if the "creator" clones them without even editing the mesh.
Windkeeper's rose may be included in this category, though without NL it's just a decorative object (it won't "remind" you of a special date you had with a sim).

In my opinion, the real problem would exist if someone "converts" a fully functional EP object, by editing the OBJD and importing/editing the global BHAVs (for instance, making available to base gamers the Resurrect-O-Nomicron or something similar, or redistribuiting a special object created by Maxis for the users that pre-order the EP...).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#31 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 1:10 PM
XTS: if downloading the Poster Importer is so difficult, then just give up and use the (much better) Photo Studio function of SimPE

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
#32 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 1:21 PM
thanks for answering everything I have seen was change to deco items and after I posted the question I thought about it but it was an itch that had to be scratched lol
Thanks again
Dee

Field Researcher
#33 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 5:04 PM
To answer one part of your question, I didn't clone the rose from Nightlife. I cloned regular flower in a vase that comes with the original game, then used the rose mesh that I extracted from EP. In other words, I made it look like Nightlife rose, no hacking was involved.
#34 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 9:58 PM
for all people want make car i recommend u a free 3D software that i have use for create car for "Grand Theft Auto : Vice City"

downloads---->HERE the version 1.07 its totally free and easy to use (can import 3DS)

i begin to convert some car from "Grand Theft auto : San Andreas" i use 3DSmax7 and the plugins for the dff (3D file for the car models of the game)
in this game have like more 100 vehicles i have lot of work if i want convert all lol but easy for me all part are already separated ( wheels, body, glass, etc...)
take a look on car of the game---->lot of vehicles

and only vehicles for land i can make for sea, air, bike, weapons and more

my first car its not far to coming on this site i try to got texture and let's go !
Instructor
#35 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 10:28 PM Last edited by luslipz73 : 18th Oct 2005 at 10:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by windkeeper
To answer one part of your question, I didn't clone the rose from Nightlife. I cloned regular flower in a vase that comes with the original game, then used the rose mesh that I extracted from EP. In other words, I made it look like Nightlife rose, no hacking was involved.
I never meant to imply you hacked anything it was just a question about what I have noticed a lot in the past few weeks and I clearly understand now and my question wasnt that you had clone from the EP and I may have misspoken or maybe misunderstood but it was in reference to things that were from the EP were being made available for non EP games, but I understand now and definitly not complaning I actually have downloaded it alljust was curious
Thanks again
Dee

and Im almost positive now that this question was posted in the wrong thread for this discussion lol:D..sorry

Instructor
#36 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 11:05 PM Last edited by Bigpimpin15 : 20th Oct 2005 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
Eh, it may be on their end or my end. I still can't get it working. It goes to their site, I click, authenticating me, can't verify me, error. :o

I enabled cookies and java but I did have a java based virus recently. Well, it was in my java folder and IE likes to be a pain! I dont' think I have it anymore but it may have messed up something.. My ie is already messed up. I just don't feel like reinstalling it (again).

Starts off:
"Download it from gaming access" (button)

I can't verify that you're an authentic user, upgrading permissions... [OK]

(countdown)
When I reach 1, it says:

That's what I get JWoods. This was with IE.

Firefox gives me this:

You're an authentic user: [OK]

(countdown)

When it gets to 1, I get this:

Hope that helps..

xts
Hello, XTS
I was having the same problem with the poster importer so I ran a google search and found another link. This is the one I used:http://videogames.yahoo.com/gamefil...s&page=0&eid=-1 Scroll down to the bottom under "others" and it will be the 1st download.
Hope I helped,
Walt
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 10:43 AM
Every time I go to download poster importer it says "ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND Not Found. Please contact [email protected] so that we can remove/fix this link" Is there another way I can get it?
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 1:04 PM
I have removed the poster importer link due to all the broken link problems..

Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 8:56 PM
Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 8:36 PM
Default Great
great info and links

i read a few of your tutorial and they're great but could you maby do one for each thing please adn make them to do with the whole thing not just how to create on thing please
The ModFather
retired moderator
#41 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 8:48 PM
The tutorials need to describe the creation of a particular object: they can't explain how to create any object; and obviously we can't create a tutorial for each object

The tutorials are a way to explain how things work, and their final scope is to give people the logic instruments to create on their own: you start following a tutorial and create a boombox radio; then you follow a second tutorial, creating a table; and soon you'll know how to create any object by yourself, and you don't need our help any more! :D

The other important thing is that a tutorial can't possibly explain every single detail of the creation process; some aspects (the creation of a suitable texture, the advanced tecniques of 3D modeling or UV-mapping...) are to be learned separately.

Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#42 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 1:25 AM
Simmygurl: I must have missed your post, Thank you for the additional link as it will be helpful for folks looking to create "career's"...

Dashi: Numenor has adequetly answered your post but I would like to mention one other thing in regards to your request. The amount of time it takes to create a 90-100 page tutorial I think is not really understood. If I work on it 6-8 hours a day, I may finish one in 3-4 days. If we counted all the different object types you can imagine that we would most likely be playing the Sims 6 by the time I had finished...

As Numenor mentioned working through a few tutorials will enhance your skills to a point that will send you on your way to creating what your imagination desires...

Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:03 PM
i have anim8or but what do i save the file as after i made the objects
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:21 PM
*hugs* thank you sooooo much! i was truly lost,
but now i found the help i need !!!! :mag:
The ModFather
retired moderator
#45 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 8:51 PM
Cragwag - I've used Anim8or only a couble of times, but I think you have to choose the menu Object/Export, and export the mesh in .obj format.
You can then import the .obj into the GMDC using SimPE (NOTE: not all the .obj formats are compatible with SimPE: if you get an error, use the free UVmapper Classic to load and save the .obj file).

Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 10:00 PM
i just wanna know, which 3D program is best (and the easiest) out of the ones you chosen for the simPE? i DL Blender but it looks hard to understand... maybe its just me... :confused:

thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
#47 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 12:23 AM
I use Wings3D, and its very intuitive. But it has a serious limitation: it can't handle joints, so you can't use it to edit animated objects (nor skins/clothing).

Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 2:04 AM
so im guessing its cool to run more than one 3D program?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#49 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 9:41 AM
Yes, I run Milkshape, too, when I have to deal with joints. And use UVmapper to adjust/create the mapping.

Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Cragwag - I've used Anim8or only a couble of times, but I think you have to choose the menu Object/Export, and export the mesh in .obj format.
You can then import the .obj into the GMDC using SimPE (NOTE: not all the .obj formats are compatible with SimPE: if you get an error, use the free UVmapper Classic to load and save the .obj file).

thanks sooooo much
its the only program i can get the hang of, i got SimPE but ill have to get uvmapper
thanks Jwoods too, until now i did not know i could use it
Page 2 of 12