Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 10:36 AM
Default How Do I Make A Custom Lifestate With Two Forms?
Hi, I really want to make a custom lifestate to recreate my original character in my game, my character is aquatic but I don't want him to have a mertail or mermaid singing options or mermaid swimming animations, I want take some elements from SpinningPlumbobs Kelpie lifestate and add them to my custom lifestate without the deep voice or visual effects after I ask permission. If there is a guide or written tutorial could you please link it to me, I'm just hoping it's not to hard for me to do or understand.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 10:37 PM
There is no tutorial or guide, and this would most likely be difficult if you are new to creating. I assume since you made a custom lifestate already then you aren't. All you need to do is treat it like how you made your current lifestate. Grab the files you need, copy the stuff you want, add it to your mod and the necessary connecting.

You could try asking SpinningPlumbobs if they can help or make it for you too, maybe they will be interested?

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 2:53 AM
How do I copy a lifestate, I've never made a lifestate before and I was kind of hoping someone could link me a tutorial but since there aren't any I guess I'm stuck, I guess it was a bit ambitious.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 6:02 PM
Does anyone here know how to copy an EA lifestate and how to edit and add on to it, if anyone knows could you describe how to do it?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 5:07 AM
Maybe try making a trait for your lifestate first, then add the kelpie bits you want via S4S? Lifestates are really just very detailed traits in the end. Mod Constructor has a few trait tutorials and traits are the easiest one to make out of everything.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 9:13 AM
Thank you, I'll check it out. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 9:34 AM
Is it possible to make my trait similar to the alien lifestate were you can have two customizable forms?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
Is it possible to make my trait similar to the alien lifestate were you can have two customizable forms?

Via CAS, no. But you can make an interaction that allows you to change their form. I'm unsure how though.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 6:54 AM
So basically if I made this trait for aliens I could make it to were they transform in to their alien for and while in alien form have the abilities of a Mermaid or Kelpie?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 7:28 AM
If that is possible will you still have your human outfits and alien outfits separately? my original character only wears certain outfits according to which form he is in.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 2:16 AM
Sorry for the late reply, been busy with my own mod.

Theoretically, yes. You'd need to add the abilities to the appropriate area, or whitelist the trait somewhere in the original files. I wish I could help more but I have no experience in messing with lifestates/traits (yet).
I don't think you will have separate outfits. You'd have to find a way to mimic the in-game option for that, which may require scripting.

I recommend joining Zerbu's Discord for Mod Constructor help: https://discord.gg/r9SrU9B
And Deaderpool Discord for general mod help: https://discord.gg/z9qPtWU
They will most likely be able to answer questions better than I, or give some ideas. You could also try Sims4Studio forums.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 12:47 PM
Thank you, I'll try asking them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 11:05 PM
I asked but they said Mod Constructor isn't advance enough to make things like I want to make.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 2:06 AM
I saw the post. I think you could use MC as a starting point but not for all of it. You should try Deaderpool as well in case anyone else has ideas. If I wasn't so swamped with projects already I'd look into it, but for now I really do recommend contacting SpinningPlumbobs for help. I'm sure they wouldn't mind either making it for you, or giving you a starting point at least and advice along the way. It won't hurt to try.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 3:54 AM
I've already messaged them a while back asking about if they could tell me how to do it but they haven't replied.