Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 5:40 PM
Default Brain Enhancement Machine - add who is using it
I would like to mod the Cerebralizing Brain Enhancing Machine 2.0 so when it asks what skill you want to pick, it tell you what sim is using the machine. I seem to have sims using it at the same time and can't tell who is who and give the wrong sim the skill I wanted the other sim to have.

I figure it's more than an xml mod, and the "window" that comes up asking you to pick a skill will have to have a new field on it with the sim's name or picture.

I am not at all sure what software to use, or how to find the file I would mod to do this. I have done a little bit of windows programming in my past, so I'm aware there should be a data field on the window, but need to know what software to use to modify - what file?

Anybody have anything helpful for this? This mod would be awesome, I have already requested that EA put it in the game, but while they still sell Sims 3, they don't really seem to support it any more.

Thanks a lot.

Nancy Sexton
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 7:36 PM
Hi nancy... I hope its not to late to answer this after over a month

You have two options i can think of
1. Make a script mod that replaces the Interaction
2. Make a complete object Replacement

In any of those cases you would need to do some scripting, heres wwhat you would/could need:
Sims 3 Package Editor
an IDE to write your Script with. I would recommend SharpDevelop

In any case you would need to replace the ShowSkillListPicker method of the BrainEnhancement Interaction with your own, if you need further help i will keep an eye on this thread