Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 12:16 AM
Default How hard would it be to change money values in preexisting mods?
There are a few mods I've taken notice of which give the player money for things other than the normal work, such as this mod which allows you to add an entrance fee to a community lot. I was wondering if it would be possible to just modify how much money you get for that, without changing anything else in the mod. I've never tried to modify someone else's mod before.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 5:22 PM
Not hard at all (if you know how to edit xml files) but, why ask here and not her directly, on her discord?
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 7:59 PM
You just need to extract the correct xml files from the mod package using s4pe or Sims 4 Studio, edit them in Notepad or similar program, then import them back into the package. Editing them in Notepad means simply changing the amounts and saving prior to importing them back into the package.

Of course, be sure to check the original creator's terms of use before sharing, if that is your intention. Personal use usually doesn't require permission, but it's always best to check