Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 6:34 PM
How do you make an Object with an animated Texture?
I'm just wondering, how do you make an object in the Sims 3 with an animated texture?

i already know how to make custom objects in the sims 3, but im wondering how to make an object with an animated texture? do i just export the animated texture image as a gif and import it in?

please help ♥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 10:23 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 29th Sep 2019 at 11:09 PM.
You don't. The game does not support that functionality in any way.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 4:37 PM
Maybe you could do something similar to a water texture? Or something similar to how TVs work, if possible.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 11:27 PM
I believe there's a value that allows you to scroll textures, but it depends on the shader. I would try cloning one of the animated Showtime objects to see what value it is.

Unfortunately no real animated textures are possible, but you can get quite far even with a scrolling image.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 9:51 PM
I think it's ITF that has a column with a built-in waterfall. Unfortunately the effect is quite ugly, but there are definitely scrolling textures on that object.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 3:06 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing, about EA's holograms from ITF, but also the weird pictures from Supernatural that change at night.

Could the SN pictures be set to change at shorter intervals of time (like, once every sim hour), so it looks like they're blinking/scrolling the way the ITF holograms do?

Urgh, too bad gifs aren't a recognized image format.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 5:44 PM
That's an interesting thing to mention, actually, those SN pictures. That must've taken a bit of custom scripting. Which means a variety of game functions could be used as parameters for an object. After all, these pictures know what time of day it is. Clocks do, too.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 6:33 PM
Lyralei explained how she made her animated snowglobe here: https://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.c...nted-to-ask-you

Hope it helps!