Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 6:33 PM
Default i accidentally got rid of all the Goth gravestones
I was moving them out to a new house and the game I guess the game got rid of them, how bad is this? I have the nounlink mods. And hood checker didn't report any issues. So what now?

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 7:37 PM
It is not always bad. You may want to read Mootilda's post in this thread.

Pescado himself (author of nounlinkondelete) provides a very easy-to-follow set of instructions for restoring gravestones. Unlike some alternatives you may find, his also explains along the way how to tell whether the data for those sims has been shredded, giving you at once the best chance to fix your problem and also a way to understand how completely it's fixable. It's right in his thread for that mod, so that's here and scroll down to post 10.

ETA: It's no big deal in this case, but technically this sort of thread would normally belong in our Help forums. Also...good luck!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Theorist
#3 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 8:23 PM
Urnstone spawner Have you seen/ tried this to get them back?
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 3:11 AM
I would suggest before downloading that mod in Post # 3 that you read what the creator said, it is also a good idea to read other members comments about their experiences using this mod.
It will tell you if there was any problem if bad or good. Pescado's mod of nounlinkondelete is a must have to keep in the game.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 9:13 PM
If you have the No Unlink mod, Sims will still be resurrectable even without the tombstone. You don't have to do or fix anything unless you want the tombstones back on the lot. You can check in SimPE if anything happened to the Sims; Sim Browser should tell you if they still have character data.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
I was moving them out to a new house and the game I guess the game got rid of them, how bad is this? I have the nounlink mods. And hood checker didn't report any issues. So what now?

To get them back use Mootilda's hood checker there is the option to get them back, or something like that.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
To get them back use Mootilda's hood checker there is the option to get them back, or something like that.

It's not so much an option as just you run the HC and it forcibly restores all gravestones (or at least, it attempts to). Recently just did that on my brand new copy of Belladonna Cove. I got meetme's fixed version, but apparently the gravestones were still not in fact fixed...or not enough for the HC's liking, at any rate!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I got meetme's fixed version [of Belladonna Cove], but apparently the gravestones were still not in fact fixed...or not enough for the HC's liking, at any rate!
If you're using the version I'm thinking of, meetme mentions that as a known issue:
Quote: Originally posted by meetmetotheriver
Gravestones are a bit iffy. Use Mootilda's HoodChecker if your gravestones go missing in any neighbourhood, it will usually be able to sort it out.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 2:10 AM
Yep, that's the one! Hoping for a re-release of Belladonna Cove to go along with the other releases we've been getting recently, but I guess there's no guarantee that the gravestones will ever be fixed without the HC's help.