Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 5:37 AM
Default Group Project- Military Base
We are a Builders Social Group. Zarathustra had an idea for a group project to build a simulated military base for TS2. It would consist of residential lots and community lots. The idea is not one military base lot, but a series of lots with a military theme. Residential lots can be group living barracks and on-base housing, which would be residential lots the same as any other residential lot. Community lots could include things like an infirmary, shops (PX), training grounds with obstacle courses, a shooting range, a gym. The project is NOT for a new neighborhood, but for individual lots that can be used to bring a military base-like area to your hood.

Please post if this project appeals to you. Let us know if you have any suggestions for lots that should be included. Finally, if you are interested in building a lot for this project, let us know.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 9:38 AM
Is it CC-free builds only?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Is it CC-free builds only?

The cc part will be up to the builder of each lot.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M4BCreators
The cc part will be up to the builder of each lot.

Cool! I may participate, then.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 12:47 PM
You guys might want to tag @Justpetro. She had a military subhood or maybe a whole hood. She'd probably want to weigh in.

I'm rubbish at building, but it looks like fun.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 3:49 PM
A whole hood indeed - and I am interested.

Again, I use the UC, which may present some problems with this, especially if you aim at a BG compatible hood (you may know by now that the old AGS does not work with the UC, and that the new AGS that does work with the UC runs on the M&G engine - and I have never used it, because I can't really see the point).

However, I would love to build something if I can! (Even if I will have to build better lots than the ones in my hood )
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 4:38 PM
I thought you would be. You guys have fun.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 5:24 PM
sounds fun, are there some basic guidelines? Like preferred sizes and types of lots, etc? I suppose it would be roughly sim-American-ish settings, so re-view some of the episodes of "Unit" or "Army Wifes" (or any such set) should be enough to feel the muse, right?
Also as @Justpetro, UC user there.
And I'm a really crappy builder, that should fit the "military style"

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 8:42 PM
I think iCad has also done a military neighborhood, and probably has some gorgeous inspiration pictures on her tumblr.

I have some buildings kicking around, some off-base housing and stuff, definitely built with UC, and I'd have to check for cc.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 11:12 PM
Worth noting (though maybe most people know this) that Castaway Stories had a set of military-themed objects. The conversions can be found here. Could be helpful if you're going for a more Maxis match feel.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:42 PM
I actually have a military base in my game that includes many of these lots, but seeing as how I have 3 in-progress lots for upload that I haven't touched in a month...I'm going to leave this to someone else who is more dependable.

In addition to the lots mentioned, I have an officers club and a war memorial lot.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 7:07 PM
Default so many second thoughts...
I have used my rebuilds of the 2 barracks in Strangetown; made 2 lots that looked seemless from Hood view, with hood deco fencing that surrounded both. Made officer's club, a PX, and a gym. Seems like a cool idea; hope to see what others do! Hood deco that looked like an air base (landing strips, etc) would be cool. I grew up in an air-force family, remember the cheap base house (no one had fences), and the on-base school; everything surrounded by fences and guard stations. Every building was strictly functional - meaning boring and cheap.
PS I couldn't navigate the site suggested by Vss2eip

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 5:05 AM
I love the enthusiasm of Sims 2 players! Thank you all for your interest. The project is still in the works, but we lost our project manager. When we find someone new to start the project, I will let you know. In the meantime, please feel free to post your ideas, lot suggestions, inspiration pictures and links here. Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 10:16 AM
Will keep an eye - and perhaps build something soon