Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No cars in the catalog :(
So i was playing the lothario family on a clean save of the game (No CC, No Gunmods Radience, Nothing) and when i was about to buy him a car i saw that there are none of them! there is only the helicopter. I have all the other stuff from Nightlife so i dont think i dont have the Expansion Pack. I am on Ultimate Collection if that is important. Is there anything i can do to restore the missing Cars except full redownload? Is there any file i could replace so i can get them back? Please Help
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:13 AM
Make a backup, then go into Origin, right click and try the fix option.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:19 AM
So can anybody delete this post in any way? It seems like i have deleted nightlife like the idiot i am.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:54 AM
How could you 'delete' Nightlife? It's part of the UC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 2:02 PM
Yeah, if Nightlife stuff is missing from the UC then try the repair option.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 2:39 PM
i accidentaly deleted the EP2 folder from double deluxe and that is nightlife, luckily i didnt clean my recycling bin and was able to restore it
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:42 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 22nd Aug 2019 at 8:09 PM.
Hi, @antoninko !

Really happy to hear that you found the solution to your issue.

One reason we don't delete Help threads is that no matter how silly or odd you think your problem may have been, it's nearly guaranteed that your thread may help someone someday who develops a similar issue and finds this in a search. So it's actually very important to keep all these threads for reference.

However, what you can do that would stop people trying to provide further comment now is to to change the category on your original post. You would do this by using the Edit button you can see on the bottom right of that post. Because this is the Help section, you are able to recategorize your OP as Solved, and then everyone will know that the matter's finished. In fact, members are encouraged to do that anytime a Help thread is resolved!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by antoninko
i accidentaly deleted the EP2 folder from double deluxe and that is nightlife, luckily i didnt clean my recycling bin and was able to restore it

Are you on Double Delux or the UC? You can't be on both. If you have both installed you will have huge issues. make sure all traces of DD are gone before installing the UC.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you on Double Delux or the UC? You can't be on both. If you have both installed you will have huge issues. make sure all traces of DD are gone before installing the UC.

There is a Double Deluxe folder in the UC installation folder, I believe OP was referring to that.