Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 8:34 AM Last edited by c821118 : 15th Jul 2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: solved
{Solved}How to make objects allow placing in the ocean?
Hi everyone
I want to make objects allow placing in the Sulani's ocean.
I modding on Sims4Studio, and activated the function AllowedOnWaterSurface of object catalog resource. AllowedOnWaterSurface did make object allow placing on pool and fountain but not allow in the ocean.
I tried to research on Fish Trap but I didn't figure out. Does anyone know which values could make object allow in the ocean?
Thank you!

EDIT: I solved this problem myself. See tutorial http://sims4studio.com/post/127952/thread
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by c821118
Hi everyone
I want to make objects allow placing in the Sulani's ocean.
I modding on Sims4Studio, and activated the function AllowedOnWaterSurface of object catalog resource. AllowedOnWaterSurface did make object allow placing on pool and fountain but not allow in the ocean.
I tried to research on Fish Trap but I didn't figure out. Does anyone know which values could make object allow in the ocean?
Thank you!

That's only tutorial I know about this theme. Hope it's useful
Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 6:00 AM
Hi Victor_tor
I want to mod object like Fish Trap , but thank you anyway
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 4:06 PM
I've figured it out!!
Hey guys!
I compared the difference between Fish Trap and other object.

I found editing PlacementFlagsHigh from 0 to 60, allow objects placing ON the ocean.

and here is my thoughts, correct me if I'm wrong.

This screenshot is two model of Fish Trap that would switch when player moved Fish Trap.
When player placing Fish Trap on land, model of Fish Trap will turn into the right model of this picture; placing in water will turn into the left model that make Fish Trap looks like in the water.

Those objects which are allow to place in ocean doesn't really in the ocean (such as Fish Trap and Water Scooter), they actually placing ON the ocean surface.

Even now I can placing my seaweed on the ocean, it look so weird...
Now I have new problem about adding more meshes and making them auto switch when location change.

I hope this thread will help those who have same problem as me.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 7:10 PM
Well discovered! Thank you Have you told the developers of s4s so they can add the label - that is if it's not there already?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 7:57 PM
Lol I am glad I read this thread thanks for the info.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:20 AM
Hey guys!
Last time I said that I still have some problems to solve, and I had solved them myself again lol
I posted the tutorial at S4S forum: http://sims4studio.com/post/127952/thread

Saw my seaweed peaceful lying in the ocean. Now I could sleep.