Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 9:53 AM
Default A random makeover giver/mod/hack?
Hello, so I'm looking for something that might seem a bit unusual. I, like most, love to give sims makeovers. But, I actually only enjoy it in BodyShop because the in-game mirrors are unpleasantly cramped and slow. That is why my in-game sims never really get makeovers, and I'd like to change that.

Does there happen to be any kind of mod that gives sims random makeovers? Something that without opening the mirror/customization randomly chooses from make-up/accessories/hairs etc that have been installed (like a hacked object, a potion, or even a modified makeover chair)? I couldn't find one and don't know if that's even possible, but I thought I would ask anyway because it would help tremendously and make all the difference by giving more time to "actual" game play.

Thanks in advance! And sorry this was lengthy, didn't know how to put it more simply.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 11:14 AM
Closet gussy up by christianlov. It was recently updated to seasons by Midgethetree so now it's even better. You can grab any sim (who is safe to grab don't grab crumplebottom) it lets you change each clothing section, change appearance and plastic surgery. Gussyup gets added to the sims pie menu. The only things it can't do is change eyes or skin.

https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...y-internet-died

edit: You do have to set each section, it doesn't give random makeovers-nothing does. You can townify things to randomly be applied to townies though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 2:26 PM
Is it just the first time you change appearance in game that it is slow? When I start my game each time, before I go into my first lot, I will run CAS (and also generate some random CAS Sims to address another issue) just so the makeup and clothing is loaded at that time and I don't have to wait for it to load during a makeover as I typically do some sort of makeover whenever a Sim changes ages.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 5:42 PM
What HobbesED said is correct... going through CAS and just rifling through all the hair, clothes, etc should make them load faster in-game, at the mirror (or in the makeover chair that came with OFB, i think). It's not exactly what you requested, but it'll reduce the issue you're experiencing.

I'm sure, in theory, it's possible to do what you asked... The game does have a "randomizer" in BS and CAS. But so far, i've not seen anything like that. I do know some folks are working on that kind of mod, but nothing's been completed. The idea was to clone the makeover chair into a face-painting station for a carnival /circus /fair, so that sims could get their faces painted randomly, with the masked "full face makeup". If that's doable, then hair, clothes and regular makeup shouldn't be far off!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 6:38 PM
Thanks everyone.

I assumed that kind of mod hasn't been made yet, but I'd surely grab it as soon as I found one! I'll have to make do with what you suggested about loading CAS items beforehand to ease the lagginess. It is a bit faster the second and third time I open the mirror menu, but I would've preferred not needing to select the make-up or hairs myself - I'm lazy, sue me. As I said, I like giving sims makeovers but in game I'd rather focus on advancing their lives instead. It's good to know one such mod is kind of on its way.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 7:00 PM
Haha! Don't get your hopes up too high... It's been "on its way" for a few years now. Unfortunately, it's not an urgent matter, and other things, such as that pesky mod called "real life" apparently takes top priority. I don't know why people continue to download it. "Real life" seems to be nothing but trouble, and definitely conflicts with your game!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morganess
...I'll have to make do with what you suggested about loading CAS items beforehand to ease the lagginess. It is a bit faster the second and third time I open the mirror menu, but I would've preferred not needing to select the make-up or hairs myself - I'm lazy, sue me.

Just loading CAS seems to be enough in my game. I usually generate a few random sims anyway, but that may not be necessary. I definitely don't go poking through all the hairs, makeup, etc. unless I've installed something new and need a thumbnail to be generated for it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morganess
Thanks everyone.

I assumed that kind of mod hasn't been made yet, but I'd surely grab it as soon as I found one! I'll have to make do with what you suggested about loading CAS items beforehand to ease the lagginess. It is a bit faster the second and third time I open the mirror menu, but I would've preferred not needing to select the make-up or hairs myself - I'm lazy, sue me. As I said, I like giving sims makeovers but in game I'd rather focus on advancing their lives instead. It's good to know one such mod is kind of on its way.

Technically, if you don't want to bother selecting the components of the makeover then you don't like giving sims makeovers. XD
Forum Resident
#9 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:37 PM
You know, you got me thinking... Along these same lines (though not exactly "random"), if the game could be modded to make male sims grow facial hair over time, if they don't shave. Each day, the mod would implement a hairier state, starting with the stubbles and moving on to the full-bearded stages. I suppose I could manually make my male sims get hairier each morning when they wake up, but there's no real shaving option to halt and reverse the process.

Would be kinda cool though...

-gE
>=)