Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2019 at 12:06 AM
Default TS4 MorphMaker - new interactive bone morph editor - testers wanted
I started out with adding bone delta / bone pose / bone-based morphs to the TS4 MorphMaker preview because I wanted eventually to be able to duplicate individual sims from their slider data. That turned into making an interactive bone delta editor. The fun part was weeks of trying to understand the mysteries of quaternions and transformation matrices and how to apply them to bone morphs without getting some very disturbing distortions. Since it seems to be working at last I thought I'd put it out here - it's interesting to play with and hopefully you'll report problems/suggestions.

The beta is attached, extract the files and run TS4MorphMaker.exe. Choose the rig you want, depending on whether you're doing a morph for adult humans, etc. Import an existing bone delta/pose file or start a new one. The New Bone/Slot button adds a new adjustment and you have to pick the bone you want from the dropdown. IMO leaving the adjustments set to use global coordinates is easiest since x, y, and z mean what you think they mean, but you can switch to local to see how the rig rotations affect them. If you enter rotations keep in mind that the x, y, z are rotations AROUND the x, y, and z axes. The preview model will show your adjustments as you make them.

I haven't had problems testing the face bone morphs in-game but bone morphs affecting the body may result in disappearing body parts in some sims. I don't know why that happens.

Please report bugs and whatever problems you find! Thanks.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4MorphMaker_4_0_0_0.zip (8.95 MB, 445 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th May 2019 at 11:33 PM
Always excited to test out feature updates.
Knowing my luck, I'll probably use the new stuff in such an unintended way that it breaks completely. :P