Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 7:53 PM
Default editing an existing sims 4 mesh
I really want to make some 'floating' candles that are in the great hall in Harry Potter so I figured I could learn how to edit the mesh for the vampire pack chandeliers so that just the candles were visible so they appeared to be floating. I downloaded blender but I really don't understand it and the tutorials for using it are confusing me. I don't need to know how to use the program as a whole, just how to edit an existing mesh but I can't figure it out. Is what I'm trying to do even possible and if so can anyone help me. I've been looking at tutorials for ages and its all just confusing and usually for creating a new mesh rather than editing them
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzard
I really want to make some 'floating' candles that are in the great hall in Harry Potter so I figured I could learn how to edit the mesh for the vampire pack chandeliers so that just the candles were visible so they appeared to be floating. I downloaded blender but I really don't understand it and the tutorials for using it are confusing me. I don't need to know how to use the program as a whole, just how to edit an existing mesh but I can't figure it out. Is what I'm trying to do even possible and if so can anyone help me. I've been looking at tutorials for ages and its all just confusing and usually for creating a new mesh rather than editing them

In Blender you will see x, y, and z numbers that represent the item's location in the game. I believe altering the z number will move it up and down, and using that, you would be able to have what appears to be a floating candle. I've attached an image and marked the area in red where you will change the numbers. Remember to also adjust all the mesh pieces in all LOD's and Shadow LOD files equally!

I hope this helps
Screenshots