Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beg For Money - interaction

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 2nd Mar 2019 at 1:39 AM - Updated 22nd Mar 2020 at 7:53 PM by maybesomethingdunno

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 2:36 AM
This is so cool, thank you very much! So many new story lines...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 4:01 AM
Thanks so much for this! My hobo Sims rejoice! They can finally take a break from daily salvaging. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:34 AM
Thank u very much! I tested it, works perfectly. If you want to translate this to other languages, I can do Finnish
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 1:04 PM
Excellent, MSD!! this'll definitely come in handy in my wild west vacation hood that i'm
going to get around to building some day!

-gE
>=)
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 5:23 PM
Thanks! :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 5:44 PM
very cool! I can use this for my "homeless" sims
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 7:32 PM
How nice is this? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 8:25 PM
This is a very neat mod to go along a Rags to Riches challange. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 3:08 AM
My sims will earn tons of money and get buried under cha-chings and suffocate to death with this benevolent mod. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 12:06 PM
Hi,
thank you for this mod, I can't wait to try it out. I just need to decide which flavour I prefer, because they all make a lot of sense. (Thank you for including the options!)
If I may have a tiny request/suggestion, do you think it would be possible to also include a version that would enable this interaction based on Mooch trait from Hexagonal bipyramid's Trait project? (https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr....-traits-for-ts2) Or maybe that plus one of the existing options (which are perfect)?
Thank you and sorry for bothering you, I just saw this and thought of the trait... feel free to ignore. This is perfect already.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 7:27 PM
@Rowenaenchantress It should be possible. Just a version that requires the trait, or requires the trait and some other condition?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 8:31 PM
I think just the trait would be the easiest, both to make and to understand when using? I suppose when someone is a moocher, it doesn't matter how much money they have at the moment.
Or whatever you think fit, actually.

And thank you very much for considering this. You are amazing!

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 12:40 AM
@Rowenaenchantress That's true. Trait version added. Please note that I had to use a post-Uni BHAV format so the trait version will require NL or higher.

Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
@Rowenaenchantress That's true. Trait version added. Please note that I had to use a post-Uni BHAV format so the trait version will require NL or higher.

Thank you so very much! You are absolutely amazing (and really fast). Thank you! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 2:44 AM
@maybesomethingdunno Your mod sound good, my question is what is the different in your Mod and the Mod by Simslice called Panhandle where your Sims can go out of their home lot and beg for money / Simeoleons ?
Anyone can beg for money with the Panhandle Mod, it seem your is base on aspiration.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 4:27 AM
@Simonut If I recall correctly, the Simslice Panhandle mod reuses the Fortune Sim desperation animation as it would normally occur and guarantees the Sim gets some money. My version removes the tin can in favor of the tips jar and does not guarantee the Sim gets money. Only one version of the mod is based on aspiration. If you want all Sims to beg for money, you should get the "Always enabled" version.

Tumblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:55 AM
This might be good for storytelling
Good job!
Although I'm against begging as a concept, I still would like to thank you and you give you a credit for this one.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#19 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 12:42 AM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Mar 2019 at 5:10 AM.
@maybesomethindunno Thanks for your reply, I just came here today, and I understand better now, yes you are correct I would use "Always enabled" version.
I would probably use this in places like PleasantView ( The Broke Family could have use this at one time they are hard working middle class now. )
In my Custom hood my Sims there is living better than me they are all RICH, they don't need it unless they go and file Bankrupt. lmao

PS I just check this out in my game your animation is Super !

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 4:55 PM
Could it be possible to make the flavors compatible with each other? Or will they always conflict? I'm asking 'cuz I really want the Mooch trait flavor and the Money level flavor together. There's no problem if it's not possible either way. Thanks for this mod, it adds more realism to the game!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:29 AM
@Matotty New version added. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Tumblr
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 12:18 AM
New versions added.

@Matotty Please redownload.

Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 3:00 PM
i love the fact that you use mr landgraab for the demonstration lol
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
New versions added.

@Matotty Please redownload.

Thank you! I didn't expect you could actually do it, but don't mind me, I have no idea about Sims coding... anyways. Thanks, this is a lot better.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 4:29 AM
This is a pretty neat mod! Do I need to have Uni installed to play with one of the non-trait versions, or will it work if I don't have Uni installed but have NL or up?
Page 1 of 2