Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:13 PM
Who is your favorite Sims 2 premade and what do you tend to do with them?
I don't mean just base game, I mean they can come with an expansion pack.

My personal favorite is Cassandra Goth for a lot of reasons. First of all, she's got some ties to Greek mythology; Cassandra was a woman Apollo had given the gift of prophecy to but made it a curse so nobody would believe her (kind of ironic that she's in the situation she's in then, huh?). Second of all, I love her design; she looks sort of innocent, yet still gothic and fits in with her family perfectly (I love the round glasses ). Plus, I feel bad for her. I'm imagining her in a strict household where there's so much pressure to live up to expectations (hence the good grades in private school), she's haunted by the ghosts of her dead ancestors that, oftentimes in my game, have scared her half to death (and once to death but I resurrected her), and she has to pretty much raise her little brother because, once again in my game and this is autonomous, Mortimer doesn't do SHIT to raise Alex and tends to ignore him more than anything (I mean, I get it; he's preoccupied with Bella's disappearance, but still. Pay attention to your damn crotch-goblin, not dump him on his sister ).

For what I do with her, it's pretty typical (although I've changed it multiple times, this one makes her happiest from what I can see). Usually she'll adopt a kitten from the adoption service, which I usually name Hecate. Maybe another to keep Hecate company. After Mortimer dies and Alex goes off to college, she adopts a few (two or three) cute little children (that I specially designed for her to adopt) and is a great mother to them. She always puts more priority on her kids than a partner, and if the kids don't like her partner, she'll break up with them. Usually she meets a nice person that the kids like and marries them when the oldest is a child.

That's what I do, although some people may have totally different stories... Can't wait to hear 'em!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:08 PM
I'm going to get some hate for this, but I adore Sandra Roth. She's always incredibly ambitious and a good older sister to Xander. I usually send her to SSU and have her join the Tri-Var sorority. The first time I played her, she picked Joshua Ruben, and they were engaged her freshman year. This time, I slightly pushed them together, but they rolled the engagement want really early once again. Right now, Joshua's graduated and is waiting for Sandra at the Roth home. He and Morty both rolled wants to be friends with each other, so things are looking good.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:35 PM
Why should anyone hate you for liking Sandra Roth?

I'm a long-term and slow player, so I don't have a "usually." I've played most non-bin sims through one iteration or not at all. I've had occasion to playtest different game installations and developed some pretty firm head canons, but I don't see the point in playing things the same way multiple times.

That said, I do have a soft spot for the Curiosi, particularly Vidcund, and I have had more than one occasion to play their opening scenario. If Vidcund has a chance to get abducted, I let him do it. The first alien boy in the family is named Tycho, not because of the PSP game (which I never played), but because I thought of it spontaneously on my own during my first experimental sally into the game and I think it's a good scientific tribute name. I accidentally let Vidcund starve to death during my first experimental play of the game, and I'm still working that guilt off; plus he plays as "crabby nurturer" for me, and as a fellow middle child I can relate to him. In my ongoing Strangetown Monica Bratford went after him and they make a good, if slightly prickly, pair. They've just built their own house next door to the Bunker and are all set to raise Tycho and the new baby there. He put the fear of Pollination Technicians into Gunnar Roque once, when he was spying on the sorority house. When I played the Genderswapped Uberhood challenge, Female Vidcund was the only one of his babymamas that my protagonist, Rhett Hart, rolled a marriage want for, and she was an excellent addition to the household, despite her qualms about being stepmother to so many kids. She proved to have a knack for it. I had to let her fall victim to Oliver Specter in order to move the challenge onward, and it was excruciating.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#4 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 11:54 PM
I recall similar threads in the past.

I have no particular favorite pre-made character and do not remember which pre-made character I played the most.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 2:59 AM
So, as a youngster, I didn't play a ton of the premades and when I did play it was almost purely for reproductive or storytelling purposes. The premades I did experiment with were always the same ones: Goths, Brokes, Capps, Nervous, etc. I never played the Grunt household. Turns out, I love Tank. Gave him a small makeover, a scar to represent recent fights he's had, and eventually married him to a character I created specifically for him.

He made a pretty good life for himself after leaving the General's house. Before he left, however, he instilled some athletic and family values in Buck. He's living a comfy life so far, though he misses his dad and Buck's presence a lot. His father visits often.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 4:09 AM
My favourite is Tommy Ottomas, although I don't really have any 'usually happens.' Sometimes the Ottomas family works and sometimes it's totally dysfunctional, in which case Tommy and the twins get raised by David - either with him moving back in as older brother, or with him adopting them after the social worker has taken them. But Tommy always seems to be a bright and cheerful lad who makes friends easily, and I find I like him as much as my Sims do.

My other favourite, though I don't play him as often, is Ripp Grunt. Apart from the first time, I've always changed his aspiration to Popularity, which suits his personality better. He always has a good relationship with Buck but has never really made up with Tank and the General. He's a very misunderstood Sim, but has a big heart and will autonomously console Buck even if the reason Buck is crying is that Ripp himself has just been knocked around by the General. How could I not love him after that?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 6:02 AM
We are supposed to have one only?

Chester Gieke - a knowledge sim with a Libra star sign, liked by most other sims and always ready to flirt with anyone with brown hair

Trent Traveller, who will walk all the way on any lot to find his wife and hold hands with her (and that was in my vanilla game).

The Curious Boys - because they are just pretty awesome.

(I will stop here, but I could make a very long list....)
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:28 AM
If it has to be one...
Nervous Subject.
I just feel sorry for the guy you know. I don't know his real name or if he even remembers it due to all the experiments preformed on him. Plus the fact that he in the PSP version (which I brought before owning the main game) is deceased and his ex-girlfriend thinks he cheated and ran off (which I treat as only partially self-canonical, they're going to be a couple when I get around to creating Annie Howell but he will not die or cheat.)
I like to give the guy a break.

So he'd be the closet to my favorite due to the not necessarily canonical history of his life and his mohawk hair style.
Theorist
#9 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:34 AM
Since I was a child, my favourite premades where Dustin Broke and Angela Pleasant. Simply everything about them is awesome; Dustin taking care of his toddler brother and becoming surrogate father to Beau, Angela coping with her toxic family life in a way that isn't typical, self-destroying rebellion, Angela wanting to be a fishing boat captain when she grows up. Etc. etc etc.

I usually give Dustina secondary family aspiration. Angela and Dustin marry, Angela joins the Oceanography career and they move to a beach lot, they also have offspring.
The rest of what happens to them (Dustin's career, whether Dustin goes to college, number of children) is very variable and depending on circumstances. .

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#10 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 11:38 AM
It's not just one sim, but my game is centered around the Ottomi. They split, expand, branch out, get cloned and an elaborate family tree constructed, move to other hoods... but they are always family and the star of the show. Now they've got painstakingly created ancestors as well.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:06 PM
I really like Cassandra Goth too. At first it was because we had the same first name (I was a kid when Sims 1 and 2 were first released, what can I say?) but I think she reminds me a lot of me in some ways. With her Mother no longer in the picture, she's had to take on the responsibility of parenting her younger brother. I also feel like she was always expected to do good at school and have a good career. I also really like her because to some extent she has this sense of childlike innocence where she doesn't seem to realise Don is a cheater, and just wants to get married and start a family like the fairytail marriages of her family up until that point. Possibly because that's just what she thinks love is, or possibly because she thinks that's what is expected of her. I always let her break things off with Don, usually because I let her see him cheating, and I set her up with someone better suited for her and she lives a nice happy life.

I really like Pascal Curious too. I don't really have any reason for this though. I guess because he's geeky... and wow look at his beautiful almond shaped eyes!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#12 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:26 PM
Vidcund Curious and Cassandra Goth is my faves and honestly I ship them to :D
Why I love them... honestly idk
I love a lot of the premades
And have some weird ass ships
But still
I just
Think Cassandra and Vidcund is cute together
But maybe my headcanons is behind that
For me Cassandra wish of a marriage like the one her parents had
And in my headcanon is Vidcund the oldest of thebrothers and not Pascal and they met at a science fair that Mortimer has dragged Cassandra and Alexander to-

;;;;

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:57 PM
Sharla Ottomas is my favourite, especially when I play her and her family in (Peni Griffin's) Widespot. I love the Ottomai as a family unit and she is my definite favourite of them all!

I play a wants and autonomy-based game, so each time I've played her has been different. I love it when she has children because I love her face and I like seeing it reflected in her offspring.
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 12:12 AM
Do the Pleasantview townies count? If so, it's a four-way tie between Ben Long, Komei Tellerman, Sandy Bruty, and Goopy GilsCarbo.

I've played all of them, now, as "founders" of a neighborhood. Ben's got corrupted, unfortunately. Goopy and Sandy's is kind of stalled because I backed myself into a corner with the documenting on Tumblr; I've played so far ahead that the backlog of pictures is...well...overwhelming. Komei's is a sort of post-apocalyptic, non-technological place, yet it's also idyllic and communistic. (In the ideal, utopian, everyone-shares-stuff sense, not the oppressive authoritarian sense.) They've all four (along with four other Pleasantview townies) also been featured in a scenario played in Castaway Stories...which unfortunately died with my old Simming computer because I was a bad Simmer and didn't back up often enough...but that'll be rebooted on my new Simming comp one of these days because it was awesomely fun to play.

And one day? One day I will just toss all four of them into a household as a bisexual polyamorous unit and see what happens. I think it'll be hilarious.

If the Pleasantview townies don't count....Then...uh....I've never played any of them, aside from marrying/moving-in some of the family bin Sims as individuals. I've never played them as actual family units. One day soon, though, I AM going to play Strangetown. I have a soft spot for the Grunt kids -- coming from a family half of which has a hugely-strong military tradition, I've known quite a few high-ranking dads (And a few moms, too) like Buzz who can't separate his family from the organization that owns his life -- so I'm looking forward to playing them.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 6:45 AM
:lovestruc Goopy :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 7:15 AM
My favourites are just... Strangetown. I never got into the Grunt or Beaker families (save for Nervous, but he normally marries Pascal in my game, so I consider him an honourary Curious), but everyone else in the hood has my undying love. I just started playing rotations with my current Desiderata Valley hood, so when I played Strangetown before I just picked one family and played legacy-style. Ophelia and Johnny end up together. The Curious alien half-sibling/cousins always get along. Pascal and Nervous almost always get married. I just... Love Strangetown. The supernatural, spacey theme always intrigued me, and the fact that it's one of the worst, corruption-wise, makes me love it even more. Everyone there is just so charming!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 11:22 AM
My favourite is Natasha Una...she's so pretty and quirky.

Usually in my game she ends up marrying Pascal Curious, they make an adorable couple. She always loves being stepmother to his baby, Seren/Nova (depending on if its a girl or boy), and they end up with a big happy family.

They generally have the strongest, most loving relationships of all of the couples. They're so in love its almost sickening.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 11:36 AM
This is hard to decide, since I like nearly everyone in my Uberhood, but due to nostalgic reasons, I'll focus on Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville and Bluewater Village. I also cancel out members of my OTPs (Tybalt & Beatrice, Lilith & Dustin), since I especially love them as couples respectively find them twice as awesome together and that's not fair to the others.

I'll always have a soft spot for Mercutio Monty, my games' misadventurer. When I first started playing, he was the first sim I saw losing a fight and crying about it soooo much plus his heartbreak (seeing Hermia kissing Puck) made me feel so sorry for him. Now, after a restart after a 10 year break, Bon Voyage was completely new to me, and I sent all the Montys on vacation... Guess who was the one who got pitpocked by the Charlatan? And was the only sim until now in my Uberhood having his engagement proposal rejected? Also, he got hit by a lightning bolt on the day of his wedding, but thankfully survided. So, I try to keep as safe as possible for a Sim. And happy, like all the others, which means in his case lots of friends and gardening.
And also Miranda Capp. Having science as her OTH but doing badly at school strikes me as someone who put her family before herself and just don't have enough time for her own interests and well-being, also her bio comes across that she just want to end up with Mercutio because he also wants to go out of town, which doens't sound like romance to me. So I let them becomings BFFs, living and graduating together on campus, finding her a career as a natural scientist and having a polyamorous network of girlfriends. She is the lesbian heartthrob in my town. :lovestruc

An other big favourite is Nervous Subject. I always let him marry the CAS-wife I created for him when I first playing the game and letting them have a big, happy family. They were also stars in an attempt of a foto story a decade ago. And the Curious brothers! Since they have such different LTWs and characters two of them usually move out and having a family in the neighbourhood, but all of them being at least once abducted.
There are so many great characters. If one asks me about my favourite hood I'd be completely torn between Strangetown and Veronaville.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 4:37 PM
I have so many favorite premades that I can't decide, most of the time, I give them a much more happier life and so, since I don't like to see them sad.

But most of the time my favorites are the Goth family, Natasha Una, the Curious brothers, Nina Caliente and much more.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 5:16 PM
It was a long time ago since I played any premade properly, but I always liked the Broke family, maybe because they are the descendants of the Newbie family (which was my favorite Sims 1 family) or because I can relate to the poverty and the kids not having their father around while growing up. Back when I started playing, I used to marry Brandi to some of my CAS sims and improve their financial situation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
If it has to be one...
Nervous Subject.
I just feel sorry for the guy you know. I don't know his real name or if he even remembers it due to all the experiments preformed on him. Plus the fact that he in the PSP version (which I brought before owning the main game) is deceased and his ex-girlfriend thinks he cheated and ran off (which I treat as only partially self-canonical, they're going to be a couple when I get around to creating Annie Howell but he will not die or cheat.)
I like to give the guy a break.

So he'd be the closet to my favorite due to the not necessarily canonical history of his life and his mohawk hair style.

Dude yes
I love him <3 he usually marries Pascal in my game (seeing how he's neutral towards men and disgusted by women, why Maxis did that idk, maybe Circe was more abusive to him?)
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:44 AM
Cassandra Goth. She has Bella Bachelor's smile with deeper, sadder eyes. The only thing she said, no one hears her cry.

Typically I love wrecking the relation between her and Don. That relationship doesn't feel right. Sometimes it's fun to mess with the story a lot and have her marry Buzz. Although that typically makes her more miserable than ever before.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 2:38 AM
Don't know if I have a favorite anymore, but I loved Brandi Broke as a kid.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Instructor
#24 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 6:37 AM
is it only me that I love playing every university pre mades? they're hilarious, especially the oresha hoh var frats

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#25 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 9:37 AM Last edited by gazania : 1st Apr 2019 at 4:59 PM.
If I play Pleasantview ... Cassandra Goth. But when I do play her, I break it off with Don Lothario immediately, and I never do the wedding scene. Nope. She deserves better than him. Don't get me wrong .. I enjoy playing Don Lothario. But I play him as a seductive doctor ... maybe more like the character Chase on the TV series House. He still does not want to settle down in my game, but he isn't a deceptive !@#^!#$. And I lose that overdone look and make him look stylish. He's actually not bad-looking with a custom skintone default and without that over-lacquered hair and really stiff goatee.

Cassandra also gets a different hairstyle (I see her more as a woman with short-cropped or medium-length hair that does not need fussing ... she's too preoccupied for that!) and I lose that awful dress and dress her in a plain, functional outfit. She eventually gets a little fancier later when she feels like it, but never Hollywood star glamorous.

Outside of Pleasantview ... Jane Stacks. Honestly ... I haven't the foggiest idea why. I just like her. Also, Castor Nova. He may be a player in my game for a while, but he would also never deceive a man or woman romantically. He has a sweeter personality than Don. What you see is what you get, and once he's married (if he marries .. it has varied over the years), he tends to be a faithful spouse (unlike Don, alas!).

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 1 of 2