Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster/Slower/No Fame Decay

by claudiasharon Posted 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:27 AM - Updated 20th Jul 2023 at 1:06 AM by claudiasharon : compatibility for patch 1.99

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 2:58 AM
Thanks! I hate decay in my game as I jump around households alot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 5:40 AM
I can't thank you enough for this mod...I was getting fed up with the decay and just gave up on trying to keep any fame for my sim. Again, Thank You so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:45 AM
Thank you for your mod !
My sims finally have peace :B
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:28 AM
Thank you very much for this mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:36 PM
Thanks for this! However, can you PLEASE make one for faster reputation loss/gain?! I am trying hard to make someone with bad reputation by even defacing star tiles and it barely goes down. I feel stuff like that, which lots of sims witnessed, should tank reputation very quickly. It goes painfully slow!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
Thanks for this! However, can you PLEASE make one for faster reputation loss/gain?! I am trying hard to make someone with bad reputation by even defacing star tiles and it barely goes down. I feel stuff like that, which lots of sims witnessed, should tank reputation very quickly. It goes painfully slow!

So true
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:00 PM
can you make a mod where recording video is faster on the get famous pack?
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:54 PM
Not sure if it was a coincidence or I'm doing soemthing wrong but after installing it, all sims in my game, every man, woman, child, toddler, elder, dog and cat were all "notable newcomers". Now must go through the painful process of reducing them all through cheats..
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Not sure if it was a coincidence or I'm doing soemthing wrong but after installing it, all sims in my game, every man, woman, child, toddler, elder, dog and cat were all "notable newcomers". Now must go through the painful process of reducing them all through cheats..

Same thing has happened to me. Everyone in my game, even new Sims I make. Right after putting in this mod.

Edit to add: The No Decay version
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:37 AM
omg thank you, it was getting so annoying trying to keep everyone's fame constantly up
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NariaBlack
Same thing has happened to me. Everyone in my game, even new Sims I make. Right after putting in this mod.

Edit to add: The No Decay version

Hmm that didn't happen when I tested it. I read somewhere that it's an EA bug in the game though.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:13 AM

It's happened to me too.
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:36 AM
Same issue for me after switching out 50% (which works normally) for no decay. Not sure if there is a conflict somewhere.
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Hmm that didn't happen when I tested it. I read somewhere that it's an EA bug in the game though.

You should only change "decay_override" to 0 in each segment instead of making everything (like "lower_bound") to 0. That's why everyone in the town is 'Notable Newcomer' as there are 0s assigned to every "lower_bound" and everyone is a celebrity. Hope you edit it. Thanks for the mod though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:37 PM
Currently using the 50% slower decay, works great. Thank you so much for your hard work!

As a humble suggestion, I think a 25% lower would be an awesome option.

Thanks again! :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650

if you have the extreme violence mod & turn on autonomous non-deadly interactions, your sim will be hated by everyone in town within a week lol
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Spiderses : 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:32 PM.
I've also found that "No Decay" makes everyone in my game who isn't already famous a 1 star celebrity. Trying to remove their fame with cheats doesn't work.

Edit: Taking the mod out causes a script error when loading any lot in the save that you used this mod in.
Edit 2: From testing it further, I noticed that "No Decay" also prevents Sims from gaining fame.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:17 PM Last edited by Weslylix : 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:41 PM.
Have the same issue with every sim being a 1 star celebrity after installing the mod (No Fame Decay), I remove it but made the error to save so now everybody is a 1 star celebrity, even the Death :l
Installed the one that make you lose fame by 50% to make everyone lose their fame, seems like only works with the active household.

EDIT: was able to restore to an old save, everything is back to normal
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:21 PM
After uninstalling the mod, it also leaves LE's every time you load a lot, as well, unfortunately. I'd love to keep this in my game, but it's not working well right now.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 10:32 PM
Weird I didn't see this issue with my gameplay, but I updated it so it shouldn't do that anymore. Also you may start getting notifications about them losing fame. The previous mod fixed that but this one doesn't. So just ignore those pop ups, their decay won't fade at all.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 7:14 PM
So is there a way to get rid of the notable newcomer to every one of my sims? Because it's ruined my brand new save where I recreated all of the townies that took days to finish and I don't have an older save to go too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandy226
So is there a way to get rid of the notable newcomer to every one of my sims? Because it's ruined my brand new save where I recreated all of the townies that took days to finish and I don't have an older save to go too.

I don't think so unless there's a cheat you can do.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I don't think so unless there's a cheat you can do.

I haven't played the expansion yet but I would assume I could just jump into their household and have people quit the actor career?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandy226
I haven't played the expansion yet but I would assume I could just jump into their household and have people quit the actor career?

Depends on what their fame is for. It should decay normally without this mod, and then the sims will be unknown and not even register as having fame.
Page 1 of 3