Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:12 PM
FINALLY they have fixed the "beds unclaimed after woohooing" bug THANK GOD.

I even had to find my loner sim a randomer just to try it out in my game before getting too excited.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:21 PM
Ive, thanks for confirming this as fixed
I got tired of my sims going to sleep in their kids beds after they woohooed earlier in the day. it was so annoying!

I wish more people would confirm the rest of the fixes, for those of us who didn't update their game yet and waiting for certain mods to be updated before they do..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:43 PM
stay out of cas there is a aging bug from the patch causes all sims too age up.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Romantic Garden Stuff, Fitness Stuff and My Pe Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wail playing, change a sim .
What happens when the bug occurs? When I change the sim (I tested whit full edit mode and without and happens in both) it ages a couple of days. I tested with and without mods does the same, I repair the game and still does it. Furthermore, doesn't matter the sims I changed, everybody in the household ages.
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't age a couple of days automatically after changing the sim in cas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. t happened after the 13 of November 2018 patch, the patch in preparation of the game pack Get Famous.
‌

‌Hi there,
So, after the recent game update, I notice something odd, every time I change a sim in CAS, the household ages a couple of days. I had mods, so I decided to remove them all, and to repair the game, I even create a new game to see if the problem was with my safe file, but it keeps happening.

‌

30 people had this problem.
+ XP

Me too

8 hours ago - last edited 2 hours ago
Options

crinrict
Hero

Current Status

When playing in CAS, the Sim continues to age. The longer you stay in CAS, the older the Sim gets
Sims age even if you aging off
It seems they can randomly age up or down.
This bug is pretty game breaking as it ages them even through the different stages.
It looks like this bug does not occur if you have Get Famous installed (got early access to that myself thanks to EA Game Changers which is why I couldn't replicate the issue). This doesn't mean you need to buy the pack to fix the bug. Just wanted to put that info out there.
This will be added to the compiled list on the next round.
Good Luck and Happy Gaming
Crin
Instructor
#29 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
stay out of cas there is a aging bug from the patch causes all sims too age up.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Romantic Garden Stuff, Fitness Stuff and My Pe Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wail playing, change a sim .
What happens when the bug occurs? When I change the sim (I tested whit full edit mode and without and happens in both) it ages a couple of days. I tested with and without mods does the same, I repair the game and still does it. Furthermore, doesn't matter the sims I changed, everybody in the household ages.
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't age a couple of days automatically after changing the sim in cas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. t happened after the 13 of November 2018 patch, the patch in preparation of the game pack Get Famous.
‌

‌Hi there,
So, after the recent game update, I notice something odd, every time I change a sim in CAS, the household ages a couple of days. I had mods, so I decided to remove them all, and to repair the game, I even create a new game to see if the problem was with my safe file, but it keeps happening.

‌

30 people had this problem.
+ XP

Me too

8 hours ago - last edited 2 hours ago
Options

crinrict
Hero

Current Status

When playing in CAS, the Sim continues to age. The longer you stay in CAS, the older the Sim gets
Sims age even if you aging off
It seems they can randomly age up or down.
This bug is pretty game breaking as it ages them even through the different stages.
It looks like this bug does not occur if you have Get Famous installed (got early access to that myself thanks to EA Game Changers which is why I couldn't replicate the issue). This doesn't mean you need to buy the pack to fix the bug. Just wanted to put that info out there.
This will be added to the compiled list on the next round.
Good Luck and Happy Gaming
Crin

Wow I just went through and fixed some Townies outfits in manage households. Thankfully I didn't take my sims into the CAS. But that's bogus.. so we just cannot go into CAS at all without this outrageous aging bug? Looks like it off to the sims 2 and 3 again until all of this is worked out.

Then to add insult to injury this is not happening to those with early access to GF .. 🙄😒
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:58 AM
They should make a hotfix this week but for those who don't get the pack they can't play or change clothes. My sim child aged 2 times while I cas picking new outfits. Why did not they notice this before releasing a bogus patch. if you have mcc you can age them back down but lose the outfits they have.
Instructor
#31 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
They should make a hotfix this week but for those who don't get the pack they can't play or change clothes. My sim child aged 2 times while I cas picking new outfits. Why did not they notice this before releasing a bogus patch. if you have mcc you can age them back down but lose the outfits they have.

They were playing with base game and GF so maybe thats why? I don't know what type of game testing they do but they should do any case scenario..
Scholar
#32 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
Wow I just went through and fixed some Townies outfits in manage households. Thankfully I didn't take my sims into the CAS. But that's bogus.. so we just cannot go into CAS at all without this outrageous aging bug? Looks like it off to the sims 2 and 3 again until all of this is worked out.

Then to add insult to injury this is not happening to those with early access to GF .. 🙄😒

I had vampires in a new game have aging happen to them right out of the starting CAS screen! They're my own household I was placing as part of starting a new save. I was so mad! Granted they didn't age up to a new age stage, but still. Luckily, I'm buying the pack, but come on - what a BS mistake for Maxis to make!
Scholar
#33 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:12 PM
LittleMsSam updated all of her mods :lovestruc
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...dates-147491020
Mad Poster
#34 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

Don't expect a fix for this problem any time soon. If you read the entire thread, guru Nick admits that he doesn't know when a fix is coming only that it will be 'soon'. Instead of actually testing things, they want people to fart around with code that should have been dealt with prior to the patch being released, but nah. That would be professional or something. Instead, anybody that downloaded the patch is a TS4 guinea pig.

And to think that there are people that still toss the good ol' stink eye when there is discussion about why people don't trust Yibs. Lemme think about why that could possibly be....

And this right here is a prime example of why I never update my game until the patch has been out for at least a week. Because they act like they don't test these things before releasing them to the world and then give people a "shit out of luck" response when it breaks their games. These patches can be more dangerous than the mods that fans are so scared of using

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#35 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
And this right here is a prime example of why I never update my game until the patch has been out for at least a week. Because they act like they don't test these things before releasing them to the world and then give people a "shit out of luck" response when it breaks their games. These patches can be more dangerous than the mods that fans are so scared of using

I need to start doing what you do... Until they fix what needs to be fixed I'm content with playing the last two iterations. I still need my sims fix haha
Mad Poster
#36 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:12 PM
Exactly. Big patch weeks are the perfect time to revisit TS2 and TS3 if you don't already do that regularly.

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#37 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Yea, I can see where you're coming from. I guess I just can't stand the clutter on my screen and it annoyed me and I'm glad it's gone. I like the wants and fears from Sims 2 better, myself.

Me too. Also the aspiration system was tied to it and there was that sense of the sim either failing or succeeding in life(or at least the path/aspiration he had chosen). Some wants and fear had so many points attached that it really felt like major achievements. TS4 whims are kinda bland in comparison, things are so minor, the points and stuff. Btw, in ts4 does the sim at any point complain about not fulfilling his chosen aspiration(I'm asking because it's been months since I played the game)? Considering that we can change it at any moment and even complete them all, it seems that the game doesn't keep track to give the sim a (emotional) reaction to it.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Instructor
#38 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:58 AM
So I went back into the game and then to CAS ro see if I had the same issue. I told a friend about it and she said she didn't see that issue in her game so I decided to risk it and check and I do not have the aging issue either. It makes me wonder what is really causing the issue if some have it and some don't. Especially since Crinrict updated on it infact happening in games with GF as well.
Smeg Head
#39 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 6:54 AM
So I went back into the game and then to CAS ro see if I had the same issue. I told a friend about it and she said she didn't see that issue in her game so I decided to risk it and check and I do not have the aging issue either. It makes me wonder what is really causing the issue if some have it and some don't. Especially since Crinrict updated on it infact happening in games with GF as well.

Could it be having global aging switched off prevents it? I have no idea, have not patched yet. But if you say it's happening to some players and not others, gotta be a route cause that's switchable. Not unless it's totally zany random all by its lonesome. Go team Maxis.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Instructor
#40 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 7:27 AM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 16th Nov 2018 at 8:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Could it be having global aging switched off prevents it? I have no idea, have not patched yet. But if you say it's happening to some players and not others, gotta be a route cause that's switchable. Not unless it's totally zany random all by its lonesome. Go team Maxis.

I'm not sure about the global aging. All of the sims in my game age and I have it set to long. I've never cut aging off. It just seems odd... It could be random. It wouldn't be the first time when it comes to bugs lol but yea Go team Maxis
Scholar
#41 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 8:09 AM
I haven't offically patched but have patched on another machine, and I just don't how to go about my playing my Save there, before starting I MUST turn off aging in options, even then all the population original days left get messed up everyone has immediately reached the day of their birthday, turning aging on now would be like a bomb going off.

I hope you have all backed up your saves pre-patch, there will be a fix but it can't repair the damage it's already done to your saves.
Instructor
#42 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 8:56 AM
Okay after further investigation I noticed it started happening to my toddler. Once I aged my baby up to a toddler and sent him to CAS I noticed each time I entered CAS his number of days to age up would decrease. Now his parents days till aging stayed the same but his kept decreasing so maybe it has something to do with households with kids?
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 12:33 PM
I'm not sure about the global aging. All of the sims in my game age and I have it set to long. I've never cut aging off. It just seems odd... It could be random. It wouldn't be the first time when it comes to bugs lol but yea Go team Maxis

I'm also on long + global ageing and active household only for played sims, and I don't have the age bug.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#44 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
I'm also on long + global ageing and active household only for played sims, and I don't have the age bug.
it wasn't happening in my game until the baby in my.household grew up into a toddler. Once I took the toddler into CAS I noticed his aging days decrease and then his parents aging in fact did change as well. I had to go back and see it but their
days increased. I hope they get this fixed soon 😑
Scholar
#45 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive

I haven't tried those settings yet, but I have now extensively tested a complete vanilla game, by creating a single adult male sim and threw him into the world, using the default aging setting Normal. It is playable but everytime I when to change my appearance using the mirror, I would age 1 or 2 days forward or sometimes even backwards so it seems random, so won't have to worry of this sim dieing anytime soon.

But any pre-saves where if you have tweaked your aging settings like MCCC to crazy high numbers than your in big trouble.

Only way to have at least a playable game for now is to Start a new game, delete MCCCsettings.cfg file, and leave the aging settings alone.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 7:24 PM
It happens with aging off was noted on the forums.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 7:37 PM
Well this must be the weirdest bug yet.... lol

Scholar
#48 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 5:06 PM
I haven't done anything with the terrain tools, but it looks like at least some of the lots that had uneven terrain problems might be fixed?

I've been going through and updating old lots for Seasons and Get Famous and I've noticed that some of the lots I've always had a problem with floor tiles disappearing on when I place them down aren't doing that now. I haven't been on all of the lots yet that I know have had terrain problems, but so far the ones I have been on aren't give me any issues. If they are all fixed this makes me so happy, because the disappearing floor tiles was a real PIA.
Page 2 of 2