Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 2:40 PM Last edited by argyle4215 : 1st Nov 2018 at 6:00 PM.
Default Sims 4 Can I remove a custom skill mod safely & continue playing my save?
How will it affect my saves? I know that in TS3 removing custom skill mods (such as programming) or store content ,such as the violin (renaissance fair venue) from an existing save will cause corruption. Does this happen in Sims 4? The mods I am removing are the functional canning station and candle making mods/cc/skills. Can I safely keep my saves if I remove these mods or do I need to delete and start a new game?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 7:03 PM
It shouldn't harm your saves, you can remove everything and still have a functional save, of.course you will lose all your custom skills, they will just disappear as if they never existed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 7:07 PM
Thank you Citysim
Deceased
#4 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 8:13 AM
There is a known bug with clubs and custom skills. If a skill is added to club membership requirements and then the mod adding that skill is removed it will invalidate that club in such a way that all members are removed and the club cannot be modified to fix the issue (attempting to do so will cause the game to hang). EA is aware of the issue, but I've never heard of any resolution: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...ules-bug#latest

Just something to be aware of - if you have a club using that skill you want to remove, edit the club first to remove that skill requirement and then you can remove that skill mod safely.