Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
EA knows that the majority of users of the Sims4 game use mods and scripts, it would be suicidal for them to defeat this, it would be shoot in the foot ... VIP shares a file, the modders can already do their own research ...

Seeing how Bethesda is doing their best to squeeze the modding community into paid mods, I won't applaud EA until they make a good show of faith to the community. Let's face it, they'll squeeze every dime they they can out of this game. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are trying a Bethesda move. Just saying...
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#27 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MickDanger
Seeing how Bethesda is doing their best to squeeze the modding community into paid mods, I won't applaud EA until they make a good show of faith to the community. Let's face it, they'll squeeze every dime they they can out of this game. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are trying a Bethesda move. Just saying...

No way to predict the future, but in this round they already released the recomplied code for free, so no such move is occurring in this update round. I think they always have recognized that the fleshing out of the game by modders was vital to their sale numbers. If they lock it down so tight that only paid, essentially freelance, modders could work the game they know the revenue offset would be negative, so it's tough to see that introduced by this studio. Other EA franchises, well, who knows. It will depend on them seeing how the model works for other companies trying it out.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:37 AM
Will hair, shoes, accessories, clothes be OK?
Scholar
#29 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims_Lover
Will hair, shoes, accessories, clothes be OK?

Apparently. Anything ending in TS4Script not okay.
One Minute Ninja'd
#30 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:43 PM
But they notified the modding community and released the recompiled code a month before the update. That is better than done in the past when changes just plain showed up with no warning. As for timing, a new EP associated with a big patch with new features like terrain tools is a reasonable decision to update their code.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Apparently. Anything ending in TS4Script not okay.

Good news. At least it occurs before Get Famous so modders can fix everything.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Forum Resident
#32 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:55 PM
it might be the pre famous patch that breaks mods when does it come out.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
The decision to make a major script change right before they release a new EP is a really oddly timed decision. The TS4 community is not unlike the TS2 or TS3 community. Sans the few purists of each game that don't use mods, many players use a garden variety of mods to make their game behave in a way that each player deems fit. I don't remember what the big mods are for TS2 other than things like the Directors Cut package, and for TS3, there is NRAAS and Awesome Mod.

For TS4 players that are inclined to sit on their hands until modders show up at the scene to "fix things", EA throwing this uncertainty into the mix could in the hypothetical hurt sales as nobody knows when this "issue" as it were is going to correct itself. Perhaps other big gaming companies do these kinds of things as well, I don't know. I can't pin point what it is or why this scenario seems so off, but if they understood TS4 players as they claim to, making this change right before releasing Get Famous is weird.
I would think that this decision might have been made because of the new expansion. It's possible some of the new features & changes in it simply won't work without breaking the old mods like this.

While I'm sure the developers tried very hard from the start to make modding easy & make sure things are backwards compatible, sometimes it's just simply not possible.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Deaderpool just wrote that he doesn't know what changes will be, so he doesn't know what to do with mccc.

This is about gamechanging mods, and they will all have to be taken out of the game people.

The updated MCC mod is available now. here
Forum Resident
#35 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
The updated MCC mod is available now. here

MCCC mod is up to 5.2.5 as of today. Just thought I'd let everyone know?
Page 2 of 2