Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:49 PM
Default What's still broken in TS2?
I'd like to compile a list of issues that EA and modders never fixed. Maybe someone will see a problem they're capable of tackling and we'll finally get a solution.

1. Apparently business owners can't sell espresso from the espresso bar. The interaction is only available to employees.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=618568
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:56 PM
I'm sure this list is still way too long to be practical, but one thing I have noticed recently is that when an adult goes to interact with a toddler who is using a toddler toy, the game queues the interaction for the toddler and the adult stays still until the toddler is done with their toy and ready to be interacted with. However, if the toddler is instead using the activity table, the action just drops out of the adult's queue.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 9:14 PM
I'm waiting for the first person (me?) to post something and someone else to be like "oh, there's totally a fix for it. Here's the link".
BTT: The 'Meet Bigfoot'-want/fear - it just doesn't get fulfilled, ever. Which is actually kinda neat in terms of vacation memories because now everyone can get the memory of befriending Bigfoot without fulfilling a major fear first. But still, it's broken.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 9:37 PM
The children's interaction "Tell Secret" is rather glitchy, and only works some of the time. J.M. Pescado said this was broken since basegame.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 11:10 PM
I got a whole family that's still Broke! There's a woman with her 2 sons, and turns out she's knocked up, even though her husband is off dead somewhere! I doubt they'll ever be Fixed! ...i mean, they could marry, but there isn't even a Fixed family in the game.

-gE
>=)
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:28 AM
They never fixed "corruption button" (AKA: delete family), sadly no modder can correct that.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
. . .issues that EA and modders never fixed. . .
Lot imposters!

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
They never fixed "corruption button" (AKA: delete family), sadly no modder can correct that.
The "Move occupied lot to the Lot Bin" corruption button too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 10:44 AM
That unless you play with empty templates and cleaned up neighborhoods, they tend to get corrupted from the very start. Yes, I know there are Tarlia's templates (for which we must all pay homage) but why didn't Maxis do it first? They couldn't even correct their mistakes when it became obvious to everyone who's ever played the game.
And I do know that it's beyond repair without those fixed neighborhoods.
Oh, and also, why are the beach lots so damn fussy about being placed exactly where they work properly?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:06 AM
The OFB restock signs randomly appearing to the end of lot even after restocking everything, and there's no way to get rid of them. I don't think this was ever fixed. Another thing that comes to my mind is the uniform employee thing in OFB, but i think that was kind of fixed recently.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:04 PM
@thewrittenletter Place the stuck object remover over the tile the signs are on, it will remove them all. Still annoying I know!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
The OFB restock signs randomly appearing to the end of lot even after restocking everything, and there's no way to get rid of them. I don't think this was ever fixed. Another thing that comes to my mind is the uniform employee thing in OFB, but i think that was kind of fixed recently.

This is the only thing I regularly use batbox for. It can remove them.
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:23 PM
In two words, player sanity.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:23 PM
Something which still isn't fixed are the Lifetime Wants "Graduate 3 Children from College" and "Marry Off 6 Children". The game detects these Lifetime Wants by the memories "Relative graduated" and "Relative got married", which is stupid because there are often several other family members, who graduate from college or marry. I actually really like these Lifetime Wants, but I doubt that this will ever get fixed.
Alchemist
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I got a whole family that's still Broke! There's a woman with her 2 sons, and turns out she's knocked up, even though her husband is off dead somewhere! I doubt they'll ever be Fixed! ...i mean, they could marry, but there isn't even a Fixed family in the game.
I guess you are referring to the pre-made Broke family in Pleasantview.
the gender of Brandi's pre-made pregnancy is actually fixable; change Skip's "unlinked" line to 0x0000 (SimPE).
Scholar
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:33 PM
that's detail what about ehm do(d)ggy pregnancy in Ottomans family? It's suppoused to be family friendly game Maxis!

*yes I know, it's fixed with (nomen omen) fixed hoods, but Maxis never cared.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:52 PM
That's not true at all, Elaine. Maxis fixed the pregnancy issue with the Seasons patch. The problem was not with the Ottomas or Crittur families, at all, but with the pregnancy controller not changing the ID number of the father when a pregnant sim was added to a neighborhood via a subhood.

Though the fix sometimes "overcorrects" if the father's instance number is very low, so it's wise to check the pregnancy controller when adding a subhood with an alien pregnancy in it, such as subhood versions of Strangetown, Sedona, and Meadow Creek.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
The OFB restock signs randomly appearing to the end of lot even after restocking everything, and there's no way to get rid of them..

It's a glitch with the OFB shelves and custom objects. It can sometimes be fixed by editing something in the package file (I can't find the tutorial, unfortunately) but it sometimes doesn't work.

I sometimes use Pescado's burninator to get rid of them, but other times I get out of bounds errors when I try and have to force error on them all.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 10:09 PM Last edited by gazania : 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Oh, and also, why are the beach lots so damn fussy about being placed exactly where they work properly?

I wouldn't mind if I just got the red area, but so often, you get the green area, you place the lot, and ... crash. Placing beach lots as is can be frustrating ... a lot might work in one hood, but not in your other two unless you play games with terrain elevation. No wonder you don't see so many beach lots available for download.

This is why I understand why many people flatten their lots, and I flatten most of mine as well. I just made a whole bunch for my custom vacation hood. The fun part? Pros? As long as the beach area is flat, you can put them anywhere, and very often, put them side by side with no space ... great for a beach house row effect. No worrying about which of the three slopes these lots apply to, or where the lots were built. Oh, and you can make really skinny lots.

The bad news? I could not share them here or anywhere else unless I post a link showing how to flatten these lots and emphasize in bold type that you need to do this, because it really isn't a good idea to plop them in a non-flattened area, and I would be concerned that people would try to do just that. Flattening them is pretty easy (if I can do it, most people can!), but it often alters roads and terrain (another con). The flattened lots will take a slight elevation difference, but nothing extreme. Also, I'm finding almost no ready-to-use downloads out there, so it's been DIY for the last two weeks. And if you really like the beach elevations, you'll have to pretty much sacrifice that. You might also have to place a few rocks to camoflauge a very slight elevation difference in hood view or between lots. Really bushy or thick folkage works as well.

Tutorial on how to flatten lots: http://vimpse.tumblr.com/flatbeachlot

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:27 PM
The other day I got a beach lot to place on an area that I thought no way. With trepidation, I loaded it -fine. It was downloaded and some terrain height changing to things had happened so I used CFE on it to fix a couple of areas, still fine. I've now had sims visit it a few times and it's still fine! I thought for sure it would be a crash feast, so you never can tell.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly

-gE
>=)

Sell the darn arcade machine.... That's all it takes!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Sell the darn arcade machine.... That's all it takes!

You can sell nearly every single frippery (and there are some) to make enough money to keep them in funds for a little bit until Brandi has the baby and then get a job if Dustin does the baby sitting. Maybe..and get rid of that swimming pool, as well. It's a sad reminder of what happened.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:47 AM. Reason: me not spel good
After they got some money, I had Brandi replace the pool with a driveway and replacable restorable car in an attempt to keep Dustin too busy to get into trouble. It's working so far.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:17 AM
Either an oversight or make it easier for the player, the testers of eaxis could have spent the money on terrain paint to make broke's actually challenging to play them. Like have them work their way up from the very literal penny. Maybe even include pre-coded scenario where once you load up the family the repoman arrives or unable to pay the bills on the final remaining day. I mean, of course, how wouldn't they be broke If they simply didn't cash it out on some random expensive pinball machine (perhaps Dustin was begging his mommy ) when they could have rather thought for a bit that financially they're in a bit shaky issue.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:31 AM
To be honest I have been playing the Sims 2 for so many years, I really don't pay much attention as to what is still broken in Sims 2.
I just download my mods and fixes by the Modders and just keep playing as usual.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Either an oversight or make it easier for the player, the testers of eaxis could have spent the money on terrain paint to make broke's actually challenging to play them. Like have them work their way up from the very literal penny. Maybe even include pre-coded scenario where once you load up the family the repoman arrives or unable to pay the bills on the final remaining day. I mean, of course, how wouldn't they be broke If they simply didn't cash it out on some random expensive pinball machine (perhaps Dustin was begging his mommy ) when they could have rather thought for a bit that financially they're in a bit shaky issue.

I think what happened was that Brandi got an insurance payout, and because Dustin was so distraught with grief, (as she was), she bought him the pinball machine to keep him home and happy. It didn't work, and the bills kept piling up because she herself was grief-stricken and not thinking about the future-which is why he turned to crime in desperation to help her out. She couldn't face reality, so he had to.

Actually, it's kind of reminiscent of what most people are capable of when they're under the 'magical thinking' cap.

Page 1 of 4