Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Tuning Description Browser (Windows Only)

by scumbumbo Posted 20th Sep 2018 at 10:58 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2018 at 11:34 AM by scumbumbo

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Deceased
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:24 AM
Just a quick note regarding the most recent TDesc files version. Although the latest TDesc version released fully by EA is for game version 1.44.77, there is a change for version 1.44.88 which available from the same message thread. Only one file was changed, so they decided to save some time and just toss us the one changed file.

You can install this latest version by copying (or just renaming if you don't want the multiple version functionality) of the 1.44.77 folder to the 1.44.88 folder and replacing the PortalData.tdesc file in 1.44.88\Snippets\Descriptions. This is a significant and worthwhile change, so you will want it if you plan to be doing object tuning for doors!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 12:24 PM
Thank you for sharing, great
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 12:52 PM
I do not understand a word, but it sounds great. Maybe somewhen, I'll be able to use this tool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 3:30 PM
Thanks for all your hard work! Much easier to find things now. Especially the hidden stuff not in the XML's.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 5:42 PM
Thank you. I screwed up the update to 1.44.88 when it was released but at least I put the replacement file in the right place. Your efforts are most appreciated scumbumbo.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 6:56 PM
Yessss! I've been doing XML mods the hard way, because I hadn't known about this. This will make it SO much easier! I certainly hadn't known of its existence before, so thank you for bringing this to the front!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:19 AM
This will be so helpful when the next patch rolls around - thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 6:58 AM Last edited by darkuria : 23rd Sep 2018 at 7:29 AM.
I was wondering if something like this exits since I always have to guess, this is so helpful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 7:54 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:17 PM
@scumbumbo I tried sending you a PM but it said you exceeded your quota so I thought I'd ask here. I have been trying to figure out script modding for the Sims 4 since it came out and I haven't figured it out yet. I followed the tutorial on here for the get pop script and I was so confused about it. I'd like to make a mod to disable vampires in my game and I haven't figured out how to do so with ts4script. If you could help me, if you have the time, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks.
Deceased
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
@scumbumbo I tried sending you a PM but it said you exceeded your quota so I thought I'd ask here.

Yeah, I saw your message pop up on Discord so answered there. I've let my PM quota fill up here until the hubbub of "When will mod 'x' be updated?" and "Can you puhleeze update 'modders' mod he abandoned it?' requests die down.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 8:49 PM
Great work!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 4:56 AM
I just updated this, for some reason everything is highlighted red yellow and green with the tooltip "invalid folder" over the red. I can still read the descriptions, guess it's bugged? with the latest TDesc 1.47.49
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
I just updated this, for some reason everything is highlighted red yellow and green with the tooltip "invalid folder" over the red. I can still read the descriptions, guess it's bugged? with the latest TDesc 1.47.49

Those appear if you do not have your tdesc files in a valid "version numbered" folder. See the installation directions in the mod description.

Even if you only have one version of the tdesc files installed, they still need to be in an appropriately numbered folder.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Those appear if you do not have your tdesc files in a valid "version numbered" folder. See the installation directions in the mod description.

Even if you only have one version of the tdesc files installed, they still need to be in an appropriately numbered folder.

oh thanks! as always a dumb thing getting me in the end. I just extract out with the same name, for example "1.48.90-TDESC" I had never altered previous folder names so didn't even consider that could be an issue.
Deceased
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
oh thanks! as always a dumb thing getting me in the end. I just extract out with the same name, for example "1.48.90-TDESC" I had never altered previous folder names so didn't even consider that could be an issue.

Leave off the "-TDESC" part for the folder name, just use the version number itself. For instance, my tdesc root folder looks like the attached screenshot. I have several older versions that can be accessed through the browser, but the really old ones are all packed away into a rar file that the browser just ignores.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 1:01 AM
Don't know if anyone encountered this, but I keep getting 'arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow' popup, so I changed the Tdesc folder name from 1.93.129.1030 to 1.93.129 then it worked perfectly. Maybe yall figured it out quicker than I did, but I couldn't find an answer on the internet, so I thought that I'd leave a message here in case anyone have the same issue.
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Jul 2023 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
@scumbumbo I tried sending you a PM but it said you exceeded your quota so I thought I'd ask here. I have been trying to figure out script modding for the Sims 4 since it came out and I haven't figured it out yet. I followed the tutorial on here for the get pop script and I was so confused about it. I'd like to make a mod to disable vampires in my game and I haven't figured out how to do so with ts4script. If you could help me, if you have the time, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks.

Hi I'm SandPiperBirdie, you can disable Vampires with MCCC; in the settings under Flags.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olddriverlala
Don't know if anyone encountered this, but I keep getting 'arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow' popup, so I changed the Tdesc folder name from 1.93.129.1030 to 1.93.129 then it worked perfectly. Maybe yall figured it out quicker than I did, but I couldn't find an answer on the internet, so I thought that I'd leave a message here in case anyone have the same issue.

Thank you for writing this, I was wondering what it was I was doing wrong as I was also getting this error.