Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:03 AM
Do you think it could be the Color Enable Package? i had to download it for some custom content to work that's all i've got apart from white roof trim, i can't remember what i needed to download CEP for though i'll just uninstall it and see what stops working, i think it was for some blinds i downloaded.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:16 AM
No, we all use CEP. Nor white roof trim. It's most likely a mod, a mod means a hack. Or you have some other kind of bug going on that lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:22 AM
I know i swear it i don't use mods any mods at all never have never will, i've only just built this house lol and the blinds i have i downloaded from this site Mod The Sims they work perfect, i uninstalled CEP but can't see what i was using it for maybe it was the CC rugs i had but i never used them so i'll just keep that uninstalled, i really don't download a lot of Custom Content either so it's nothing i've got i try to use all the expansions stuff and very little CC like 1 or 2 CC objects, so dunno.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:36 AM
Blinds are not mods, we call that Custom Content (CC). Mods/hacks are perfectly fine to have and some are needed to stop your game blowing itself up. Some mods are critical fixes so I do hope you have those. Mods are nothing to be scared off. CEP contains some fixes for game items that Maxis broke and did not fix. You will want to keep it.

Things that will break your game
- not using the critical mod fixes
-Doing things that cause corruption and some of those are buttons right there in the game provided by Maxis.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:49 AM
I don't do anything to corrupt it i place with 99% what the game gives me because i like to see what cool stuff i can do with it, recently i've been just doing quite a bit of building following builds from Sim Supply on YTube, i put in the lot then build on it if it's corrupt i can tell it is since the squares go all weird so i delete and put in a new one before fully building and honestly i never kill any of my sims lol i love playing them too much so i think this is the games doing not letting me make profits, i'm hooked up on Origin so they still bug fix it every now and then, really not sure what it's doing with the profits i make for the flower store.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:09 AM
If you've downloaded lots from other people, mods they have in their game could've been packaged with lots. Have you scanned your downloads folder at all?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:22 AM
We don't allow this on here ^ But lots from other places certainly can.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 5:21 AM
I build them all myself by copying it's not anything i've done or downloaded or have i've been playing this game for years now i know how to play it just for some reason i'm not making profits i've figured out everything else thanks to you guys i just don't understand why one sim day i can make up to 3k profits then i open up again a day later giving my sim a day off maybe even the next day without a day off and i make nothing and i'll continue to make nothing even when selling the exact same objects.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pygsmyemm
That's not what's happening in my game... it's charging me the full price of the item if i restock so i can't do that and i'm still not earning the profits i should be doing i dunno... been trying to get it right since last week and it just doesn't seem worth making and selling crafted items i put tuplips at expensive and i'm only making 9 simoleons profit from each so in total only 90 simoleons while i'm spending a lot over that making them and selling more expensive items isn't making me more money it just takes my profits away even when i'm deleting the sale signs, placing items in on wholesale price i'm watching my money balance on the bottom right and at the end of it all i'm earning a little over 1k some days other days random amounts from 850 - 990 or so simoleons and i've tried a few combinations of items along with my crafted items keeping it small for now and from 6 Bonacious Bonsai Bonanza's i should be making 1182 simoleons on it's own i put a couple other items in it too but the game is spending what i've earned when i put in more items for the customers at wholesale price, i only restock once since the customers seem to fizzle out when it starts to get around 4/5pm sim time and then i close up, it works one day then the next sim day if i open up i just lose most profits, i don't know why, What items do you sell in your flower shops?.

1k for a day sounds about right when you're selling something cheap like flowers. I'm not sure what the problem is. Did you look at exactly what is being charged when you restock it, and compare it to the wholesale price of the item? What does the game say the crafted items are priced at, compared to what you think they should be priced at?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:44 AM
For a home business, remember that anything you buy will be subtracted from the profits.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
1k for a day sounds about right when you're selling something cheap like flowers. I'm not sure what the problem is. Did you look at exactly what is being charged when you restock it, and compare it to the wholesale price of the item? What does the game say the crafted items are priced at, compared to what you think they should be priced at?

Back on page 1
Quote: Originally posted by Pygsmyemm
i'm only making 9 simoleons profit from each so in total only 90 simoleons while i'm spending a lot over that making them

Which is what isn't making any sense.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 7:48 PM
I think it's a bug for sure, i looked up last night and read there is a bug with sims buying stuff but the money doesn't get to your sim or a sim on another lot, all that's happening on mine is i'm earning on average 830 - 990 simoleons i did the math and i added up everything but yet the coast to buy the items is 2026 simoleons, i switched what i was buying to a few less things but the thing is it shouldn't be coasting me 2026 simoleons it should only be coasting me 1780, here are the coasts everything i bought for the shop at wholesale:

Bought at cheaper wholesale price

Cacti Collection From Planters Paradise
69 simoleons each x 4 = 276

Pots Of Roses by Pot-A-Ree
75 simoleons each x 4 = 300

Mystic Life "Flower Vase"
94 simoleons each x 4 = 376

Bodacious Bonzi Bonanzi
138 simoleons each x 6 = 828

Total of Expenses = 1780

Everything i sold on Average making 2642 simoleons minus the coasts of the items = 862 simoleons but the thing is the game is telling me a completely different random profit but where has that couple hundred simoleons gone for buying the items at wholesale price? it's just like the game is taking it off me i made sure not to buy anything while open i tested it on Susie's days off work. So what's happening is i'm making nothing because buying the items is more than what i'm making so i'm spending my profit and more... there's nothing i can do with it. It doesn't matter if i sell cheaper, medium or expensive items i'm making around the exact same profit and the higher the expenses of buying the items for the shop gets even on wholesale. I tried selling at Expensive then Ridiculously Expensive but same deal the game won't allow me to make enough profits to cover the coasts of buying while turning a profit but alas it's useless.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 8:29 PM
What is the "completely different random profit" the game says you are making? What is the revenue and costs? You need to check the change in revenue and costs and profit every time you sell or restock something, and see if it changed in an appropriate manner. Make sure you do not buy anything else, and your sims do not go to work or pay bills.

And yeah, if you are selling items that cheap, you will not make much profit.
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 8:47 PM
Nah doesn't matter what i do i've tried selling items worth over 300 each at it's full price then the sims buy them for a few simoleons more than than it's worth at Average, then more at Expensive and more at Ridiciously Expensive, i get money off buying at the wholesale coast which doesn't effect the sims buying the items at full price, as i said i tried even selling at Expensive and Ridiculously Expensive which is more than what i showed you of the items being sold at Average, doesn't matter if i bought items worth 400 or 500 each the coasts go up... and my profits are still less than my expenses... whether i sell at Expensive or Ridiculously Expensive makes no difference it really doesn't, i can imagine it will be the same for a Bakery too. I read same deal is happening with TS4 Working Life as well.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:03 PM
Profit is almost always less than expenses, but your revenue should be much higher than expenses. 300-500 simoleons is still really cheap, you need to be selling at least a few things worth 1000 simoleons+ if you want to make a substantial amount of money.
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:05 AM
I sold even more expensive stuff but i started out on Average on the first round then i put it up to expensive, the items i sold were Bodacious Bonzi Bonanzi's those always make most of the money for sure, same with Fruitless Fig Tree's i put 1 at a time out then i sold a Potted Plant In Spiral Elegance just 1 at a time and Barbed Teeth by Tope-O-Rama only 1 at a time too and 2 days in a row i earned over 3k profits i don't know if i can push my luck though and sell at expensive from the start i'll absolotely not earn anything from crafted items though just too coastly if i spend 240 on more than 1 item per restock i'll most definitely make nothing, i could sell Snapdragons i guess if i make 1 at a time while my sim is working but if you make like 10 in a row then try to sell them it's game over, had to stay open till around 7pm sim time though but neverless for 2 days in a row my profits were mostly consistent even after buying more items at wholesale price the coasts didn't overtake the profits woop! During the first round of sold items i put out 3 Bonzi Bonazi's but then the 2nd and 3rd round i only put out 2 which seemed to help as well :D
Mad Poster
#42 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:15 AM
There aren't really "rounds" in a well-run store. You just set items for sale, and then restock them as they get bought. There's no reason to make a ton of the most expensive craftable all at once, just keep one or two in your inventory so they can be restocked, and then make more as needed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:26 AM
I see it at round 1, round 2, round 3 because i don't restock until i'm positive everyone's paid for the items and i've gotten all the profits THEN i pause and restock more items, i'm okay with 2k profits per day though that was just a test so see how much i could make in a day by the time it's 7pm sim time you've restocked 3 times and after each time different customers come into the shop so it's easier to see it that way.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:28 AM
The only issue with doing that in sims stores is the reporter turning up when you have lots of out of stock signs, they will give you a bad review.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:31 AM
They already have and i show off and start Dazzling the customers in front of them LOL, i've got a rug, music speaker and a couple paintings in there too and they seem to be totally impressed with how fast the items fly off the shelves lol.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:03 AM
The only thing not immediately restocking gets you is that you waste a lot of time when you could be making more money. It takes a significant amount of time to restock, especially if your restocker doesn't have enough badges. In fact, usually I start jacking the price up because the items start selling faster than they can be restocked.
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:30 AM
I don't restock using the sims because there's a bug with it, it just charges me the full price of the item rather than the Wholesale price for cheaper i pause the game so i'm doing it in the same amount of time and it pauses when you go into the Business Build Tools as well, you can run your shop with just 1 sim the way i'm doing it, it ain't 100% perfect but the sims for the most part seem to occupy themselves and have a good time within the ver short time nothing is in stock for the most part soon as everythings gone everyone pays up then when someone starts a fight i ask them to leave, i've got chess tables around too and my back area with a roof over it, some sofas and a BBQ they enjoy hanging out there while they wait for more stock the majority don't seem to care there's nothing in-stock once everythings been taken but since the items fly off the shelves so fast i sell them very quickly i've only got 4/5 items being sold 3 each of Bodacious Bonzi Bonanzi's when everything is Average price then 2 while it's Expensive, i just sold a couple Snapdragons and 2,443 simoleons profit although it slowed things down a bit selling crafted items so i was open till 7pm anyway but i had to choose between the Snapdragons and the Potted Plant In Spiral Elegance OFB isn't perfect either it was difficult i'm glad i finally got there... phew... lots of bugs too.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 3:09 AM
There's no bug with sims restocking things. It charges you the wholesale price. Every second you waste when there is nothing to buy is a second you could be selling more things. If items are selling out too quickly, increase the price - then you will be selling things at the same rate, but making more money because you are selling them for more. Even if you want to micromanage and restock things yourself for whatever reason, there is no reason to wait until everything has been paid for. Just sell the sold out sign and replace it with a new item as soon as it gets bought.
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 3:48 AM
Well there is with my game just one of those things it's not the first bug i've seen with OFB, it takes you less time going into Business Mode than waiting for your sims to restock too and i honestly don't feel you'll make any money constantly restocking, from what i know from playing OFB on 2 different computers it just doesn't calculate well if you don't wait until everything is paid for and you don't get the profits from everything first it just really doesn't try it out and you'll find things work out a lot better you don't hemorage any profits, i've only ever seen my business's hemorage money by constantly restocking why it never worked out a few years ago when i first tried it out, didn't know it then but i know it now.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 4:26 AM
I have businesses that make 10k profit per 8 hours with the method I described. It works just fine with employees restocking, and I don't have to lift a finger - with the prices on expensive, the restocker can keep up, and also have time for some selling once in a while while my playable is busy crafting. If I waited for everything in the store to sell out before I restocked, I wouldn't sell nearly as many of the expensive items that contribute to that 10k profit.

If there is a problem in your game, you need to document it as I described above and confirm that it is actually a problem, otherwise no one can help you.
Page 2 of 3