Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 2:45 AM
Default Hypothetically assigning bones to things to force movement?
I had a thought that I don't think would really work for gameplay, but I was wondering if I could briefly rig something to get an effect for a picture or a movie. If I took bangs as an accessory and assigned Them Bones, like arms or legs, in a close-up of just the characters face, would it look like the bangs were moving, or would that not work the way I think it might if the characters arms and legs were moving? Would it stretch the bangs down to touch the bones they were assigned to, or would they just move in time with the bone that is attached to?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 9:19 PM
For that you might wanna make your own RIG instead with your own CLIP. I haven't done that myself except for furniture so I'm probably the worst person to ask how to do that If you assign a leg bone or an arm bone to it, I'll guarantee you it will not work great. Especially since the bone position in the animations themselves are moving to a specific point, which indeed causes some weird stretching and glitchy moments.