Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 4:51 PM
Hmm. There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding here. We did not decide to take the Wikispaces site offline when we did, it is simply gone. Our Wikispaces site was not a standard website on a domain that we owned and controlled, we were a customer of a service provider that is no longer providing that service. The parent company shut it down. Granted with plenty of warning, but there is nothing there being served any longer as of Oct. 1. When they shut down what little is left of Wikispaces (customer accounts and the super expensive premium wikis that still function but that was not us) in Feb 2019, the automatic redirects will stop working as well. We have no control over that.

As for losing patience with us after 12 days, really? And what if it takes a year for us to fix everything? Hardly likely, but even then to say that the new site is useless and shouldn't even be up on the web seems like a bit much. We humans are there helping players and directing traffic as best we can, the mods are all downloadable, the availability of the subsidiary downloads like tuning files are being worked on, the message boards have some quirks still but they work fine, and as pointed out the missing documentation pages that became damaged through the transition and are in the process of being fixed are still up on the Wayback Machine in their original format for anyone who needs them.

The floating TOC issue was fixed briefly but it broke again, and it's now fixed again. At least I think it is. If anyone would like to report where they still see it floating over the text that is meant to be read, perhaps they could point that out to us on the Site Help and Feedback board over there, except without all the negativity please.

For those who find it too stressful to cope with the new site as it currently exists and for which you are being charged nothing to use, that's fine too but I would have to say we're sorry and you are cordially invited to just stay away from it for now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 5:36 PM
You don't need to be that harsh Igazor. I am not constantly watching the site, so I did not see Chain's post.
The Wayback solution is nice for PC, but I mostly need documentation when I play and look for it on my phone and using Wayback there is a pain.
Floating TOC is on every single page where TOC is. But I noticed now that it's limited to Chrome (and possibly other browsers based on Chromium?), other browsers don't seem affected by this.

But what was mentioned before lead me to another question. Why is Chain the only one working on the site? It's not like in times of Twallen, when he did everything alone. You have quite a big team nowadays. If anyone of you invested part of your time to work on the site and released Chain of all the stress he has with working on the new site alone, things would surely progressed better. Why overload one person with all the work on the site?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
I've had my patience with you guys, but it's almost two weeks and my patience has it's limit.

Quote: Originally posted by peno
You don't need to be that harsh Igazor.

Because Chain is a web developer and web application programmer. The other three of us (this is a big team?) who are still active are not. If there were or still are a crowd of web developers with the required skill set standing in line to offer assistance, I must have missed that but I would hope that such offers would go to Chain directly. I don't know if he needs/wants such assistance, probably not at this point, but I think you are overestimating the extent of our "staff" and what it is we are actually capable of doing.

It's a game support site. We do have high quality standards, but no one is losing millions of dollars of revenue nor is anyone's health or well-being in jeopardy if the site is less convenient to use temporarily than it really should be. Some common sense is required here.

As for being harsh, well I'm sorry about that. But I am as human as anyone else and have the right to be disappointed in users who feel the need to broadcast unrealistic expectations on an open channel such as this one and must react when told that we should have just left the old site up as someone else said, which would have not been possible.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 6:50 PM
Shame on you @peno. You have no idea of the scope of what is being accomplished with our deployment or by whom. igazor and other's in here who have been helping by fielding questions have said it all so I have nothing to add other than to ask you to STFU.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 7:03 PM
dramatically busts through the door
looks around the room, carefully making sure no Igazors mods are present

GUYS, DID YOU HEAR NRAAS IS MOVING?!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion

WHAT???!!!!!

Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
dramatically busts through the door
looks around the room, carefully making sure no Igazors mods are present

And @simssample --
Thank you both. I needed a good LOL. My blood pressure is back to normal. But to make matters worse I forgot to put the bell on @igazor this morning. I can not find him and afraid he is MIA.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:05 PM
Okay, in an attempt to clarify here I understand the frustration. Something players once had that was useful and convenient was taken away from them -- for example, the Interactions pages on (mostly) clear to read Wikispaces pages. It is natural to be irritated, unhappy, upset about that if the pages became a common go to target during routine gameplay and not having them detracts from their fun in playing the game. The concern is valid.

The way in which that concern was expressed was not ideal.

The inconvenience is tem-po-rar-y, not permanent. Yes-we-know-and-it-is-be-ing-worked-on. Questioning the methods being deployed, presuming to understand the actual issues, or the staffing behind the project from the outside I'm afraid isn't going to make things get fixed any faster. We could have outsourced the non-standard site migration to independent contractors as a for-profit revenue generating project might have done. Not sure the results would really have been any different as Wikispaces' structure and formatting issues were special only to them and we would have to charge monthly access fees to the players in an attempt to recoup the expense. That's not really the path that we wanted to take either.

As for the bell on my neck, @barbarat it is at the bottom of the same drainage ditch as all of the others you have tried to place on me over the years. Those things are itchy, can you not find a hypoallergenic form of collar to use on me? (sits down and scratches neck with foot again)
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:11 PM
Quote:
As for the bell on my neck, @barbarat it is at the bottom of the same drainage ditch as all of the others you have tried to place on me over the years. Those things are itchy, can you not find a hypoallergenic form of collar to use on me? (sits down and scratches neck with foot again)

Awww and there you are my dear. Would cashmere be better? I can not think of anything else to suggest as I am laughing to hard picturing you scratching your neck with your foot. I suspect Cupcake has taught you how to do that.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 13th Oct 2018 at 2:18 AM.
You never know how much something means to you, until the link to Erbkaiser Invalid Parts for NRAAS Dresser is broken.
Then you pick yourself up, say "I can get through this, I will be strong an patient and appreciative".
But you die inside.
WHY!! WHY OH GAWD!!!

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#36 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:55 PM
Do I need to make a new account? I couldn't seem to log in with the old one (the one when Nraas was still on wikispaces) or maybe I lost it again.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Do I need to make a new account? I couldn't seem to log in with the old one (the one when Nraas was still on wikispaces) or maybe I lost it again.

There was a window from mid-August through the end of September, announced here at the beginning of this thread, at NRaas, and in as many places as we could, that a procedure was required before the transition to convert existing Wikispaces logins to the new site. That window is now closed because the old site is not there anymore.

This can still be arranged between now and Feb 1 by contacting our webmaster and sending him a screenshot with some required information as indicated here under Announcements on the new site.
https://www.nraas.net/community/announcements/topic6219

Or yes, you could make a new account if the history you had on the prior one is not important.
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
And @simssample --
Thank you both. I needed a good LOL. My blood pressure is back to normal. But to make matters worse I forgot to put the bell on @igazor this morning. I can not find him and afraid he is MIA.

The site is currently offline (or having time out problems). Any idea when it will be back up? Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:28 AM Last edited by igazor : 31st Oct 2018 at 1:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by silkymoonshine
The site is currently offline (or having time out problems). Any idea when it will be back up? Thank you!

It's up now and much more responsive than before. Here is an explanation of what happened and why there will intermittent outages as the site is worked on further.
https://www.nraas.net/community/post59279#p59279
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's up now and much more responsive than before. Here is an explanation of what happened and why there will intermittent outages as the site is worked on further.
https://www.nraas.net/community/post59279#p59279

Hi there!

When I click on the site it comes up with Error 522 - Connection Timed Out and says it cannot connect to the host? I've no idea what this means haha, but was just wondering if you could help at all, although I know you're very busy so don't worry!

Thanks so much for your hard work and your help!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tennick_Gaga451
Hi there!

When I click on the site it comes up with Error 522 - Connection Timed Out and says it cannot connect to the host? I've no idea what this means haha, but was just wondering if you could help at all, although I know you're very busy so don't worry!

Thanks so much for your hard work and your help!

Yes, the site has been down for at least an hour now. It's either being worked on by our webmaster or the web server is experiencing another hardware failure (or both). Sorry, I know it's impossible to read the forum announcements about the state of the site and what's being done to improve things when the site won't actually load, but I am certain it will come back up again shortly.
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 3:58 AM
Hey NRaas members,

Didja know Wikispaces is shutting down on us? Didja hear NRaas is moving but no one on staff (yes, we can be very stubborn when we want to be) will tell you the new address? Are you losing sleep because the new site address might be too tricky to find after we disappear? Do you or your sims suffer from rashes and itchy skin during the warm summer months? Okay, sorry but we may not be able to help with that last one...

Fear not, we have an update for you!

(Edit: removing the info about account conversions since this is no longer relevant)

"Hey Igazor, I don't care about account conversions and you still haven't given us the URL for the new site's homepage!"
We are now at nraas.net. The site is not fully functional nor are all of the mod downloads in place yet due to technical issues, but it's all being worked on.

"I have a complaint, I don't like the way the new site looks so far, it's the wrong shade of orange, the navigation tools are in the wrong place, I don't like change, and you guys are going about this all wrong."
We are not seeking feedback on the new site nor on the way we are going about the transition at this time. If those discussions need to happen, they can take place later on.

"When is NRaas Chemistry going to be released?"
When it's ready, and not a moment sooner.

Happy Simming!

Can you guys un ban me everytime I go 2 the site it says im banned I have questions about my mod im making and I want to go over there and ask or wherever i can get help with this mod and I don't know how to find the discussion thing so I will try to get back if I get a reply plus I still might need to download mods there on nrass site
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 5:09 AM Last edited by igazor : 4th Dec 2019 at 5:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Can you guys un ban me everytime I go 2 the site it says im banned I have questions about my mod im making and I want to go over there and ask or wherever i can get help with this mod and I don't know how to find the discussion thing so I will try to get back if I get a reply plus I still might need to download mods there on nrass site

If you would like to discuss your status at NRaas, you could do so by sending me a PM here. This conversation cannot take place on an open channel. Please include your NRaas screen name in that PM so I can look up the history because I honestly have no idea who you are. Generally though, you do not need a login to download the mods or read the message boards. It would be quite rare for us to need to have banned someone so deeply than their access to the entire site is blocked, although I'm afraid it does happen occasionally.
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 4:35 PM
If you would like to discuss your status at NRaas, you could do so by sending me a PM here. This conversation cannot take place on an open channel. Please include your NRaas screen name in that PM so I can look up the history because I honestly have no idea who you are. Generally though, you do not need a login to download the mods or read the message boards. It would be quite rare for us to need to have banned someone so deeply than their access to the entire site is blocked, although I'm afraid it does happen occasionally.

can I still do this because I honestly just tried to download a mod and the email address it gave me was invalid to email an error
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 6:24 PM
can I still do this because I honestly just tried to download a mod and the email address it gave me was invalid to email an error

We do not provide mod support by email. There is a contact form on our site, but that is meant to be used only for user account issues (since you apparently have no viable user account then that wouldn't be relevant). If you have repeatedly tried to use that form for something else, then it is possible that our webmaster has blocked you from using it further. That would be entirely up to him to do.

No one needs to have a valid user account to download our mods, they are open and available to the public.
Test Subject
#46 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 7:08 PM
We do not provide mod support by email. There is a contact form on our site, but that is meant to be used only for user account issues (since you apparently have no viable user account then that wouldn't be relevant). If you have repeatedly tried to use that form for something else, then it is possible that our webmaster has blocked you from using it further. That would be entirely up to him to do.

No one needs to have a valid user account to download our mods, they are open and available to the public.
it wouldnt let me download savvy seller mod it says it blocked my ip address at this point it wont even let me try to log in
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 7:10 PM
it would let me download savvy seller mod it says it blocked my ip address at this point it wont even let me try to log in

Also it says error 1006 access denied im not a bot or anything i just want download stuff and try to get to my account
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 8:28 PM
it wouldnt let me download savvy seller mod it says it blocked my ip address at this point it wont even let me try to log in

Sorry, but I'm still waiting for a PM here telling me what your NRaas screen name is. I can't tell if you are being blocked by our site because of your country of origin, you are using a VPN that the site doesn't like, or if you were banned by us on purpose, since I have no idea who you are. I will say that those trying to connect from within Russia and a few other countries cannot do so by typical means because their government has banned certain sites like ours, but there isn't much we can do about that except ask for more clues as to what is happening there.
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 6:56 PM
Default My nraas user name is just my email whats a pm
Sorry, but I'm still waiting for a PM here telling me what your NRaas screen name is. I can't tell if you are being blocked by our site because of your country of origin, you are using a VPN that the site doesn't like, or if you were banned by us on purpose, since I have no idea who you are. I will say that those trying to connect from within Russia and a few other countries cannot do so by typical means because their government has banned certain sites like ours, but there isn't much we can do about that except ask for more clues as to what is happening there.

My user name for nrass is [email protected] and what is a pm exactly
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 6:57 PM

Also im in america
Page 2 of 3