Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:48 AM
Default Game Lag! (Posting here because I can't in Help)
I've finally got my game working without any LE's or most issues...except LAG! Now, I know it's being caused by my CAS CC folder because I already narrowed it down. But I don't even know where to begin. Loading the game with each and every file takes forever! How do I even begin to find one single file that may be causing this? I feel like I just need to delete all my CAS CC and just start over or something. *sigh I dunno what to do.
My game will run smoothly for several minutes then the blue loading wheel pops up, it freezes for several seconds, the game screen goes white for a second, then gameplay goes back to normal. Anything specific that could be causing this to help me narrow it down a tad?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:10 PM
This doesn't seem to be the regular simulation lag, but rather connected to the computer performance. It could be anything really, CPU, GPU or the amount of RAM, or all of them. Do you play on a laptop or dekstop? How old is your computer? Do you play 64 bit or 32 bit?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:59 PM
It's no secret more CC increases loading times from boot-up, travel, CAS, and even Build/Buy switching from Live Mode lag, and you didn't state have much CC you have got.

Long loading times can also be hardware related too, failing Hard drive, loose cables, or in case of a SSD, drive is too full. Good start first would be to download HD Sentinel to be sure your game is installed on healthy HDs, before you start suspecting your CC with a enormous time consuming task.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:12 PM
Each and every file? You use the 50/50 method right? That way you will also find out if it's just the amount of CC.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 4:08 PM
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:12 PM
do you want to post some screen pics of say, your mods folder? How big is your entire Electronic Arts Sims 4 folder? I have an Acer Helios Predator, I have a ton of games, I run my Sims4 game on ultra high, but when the entire folder for my Sims 4 game itself hits over 20GB, it definitely lags. I did a dumb thing and went on a cc spree against my better judgment and am using S4S to cull again.

In addition, if you use a lot of high-poly items at a time, that can make your game crazy. I have also noticed some save file bloat here and there, so I backup my saves to my external drive and keep the ones I really want to play at that moment.

I also use BRU to rename my files to remove symbols. In addition, if you have more than .package, .ts4script, and zipped python files in your mods folder, that may also be a problem. I have seen mods folders with .jpg, .png's, html files, all kinds of stuff. Not necessary to play the game. back that stuff up.