Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 3:50 PM
Default Turn (Nraas) story progression of for certain sims
I'm thinking of installing the story progression mod but I'm sort of inexperienced with mods on Sims and I don't want the sims that I've created to be affected by the mod and have kids, fall in love or become friends with other sims when I'm not controlling them so I'm just wondering if it's possible to turn the progressions off for certain sims? If so, how do I do that?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:27 PM
@igazor or @barbarat can probably help you. (although that is one of the questions they recommend asking over at the NRAAS site. But if you don't have the (free) membership over there, posting here does work about as well.)

But yes, you should be able to make some of your sims immune to Story Progression, although I think the way I would do it is probably not as easy as it would be for someone who has experimented more with the settings.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:17 PM
Hi there. I believe this message board is more for how to make mods than how to use existing ones. Perhaps one of the friendly moderators can move it to a more appropriate place?

NRaas StoryProgression provides tools that we can use by leveraging its caste options to set up what we call Rotational Play. This provides protection against various forms of progression, all up to the player to decide and arrange, for households we wish to play in turns so that they don't get away from us while playing elsewhere though allowing the rest of the world to progress.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+P...+Caste+Settings
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:29 PM
@ igazor ... AHA. For once I checked before submitting to make sure I didn't bump into you :D
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
@ igazor ... AHA. For once I checked before submitting to make sure I didn't bump into you :D

When I saw we were both paged, I figured that a collision had to happen. Was waiting and waiting...ah well, the week isn't over yet so it may still happen someplace else.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Hi there. I believe this message board is more for how to make mods than how to use existing ones. Perhaps one of the friendly moderators can move it to a more appropriate place?

NRaas StoryProgression provides tools that we can use by leveraging its caste options to set up what we call Rotational Play. This provides protection against various forms of progression, all up to the player to decide and arrange, for households we wish to play in turns so that they don't get away from us while playing elsewhere though allowing the rest of the world to progress.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+P...+Caste+Settings

Thanks, I'll try it out when I get home where my PC is next week