Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Temperature Deaths

by RevyRei Posted 26th Jun 2018 at 7:22 AM - Updated 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:29 PM by RevyRei

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 8:04 AM
Thank you so much for this mod I've been waiting for something like this! Too many of my sims in the neighborhood been dropping of death cause they are too dumb to put on the appropriate clothes or just go home.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:11 AM
Thank you i can go back to sims again without risk of premature death ruining my stories.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:31 AM
Thank you! The joggers freezing to death is ridiculous!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:02 PM
Thank you....This will really give me piece of mind knowing my sim isn't going to die on me again....
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:36 PM
You do realize that there is a setting in the game specifically to turn of temperature deaths, right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lizardgirl
You do realize that there is a setting in the game specifically to turn of temperature deaths, right?

I explained this in the description if you actually read it. The game setting turns off all weather effects on the sims. So your sim will never be hot or cold or uncomfortable. This mod lets you still feel the effects of the weather, just not die from it. It's kinda pointless to have seasons if you never feel weather effects but it's unrealistic to have all your sims dropping dead from it.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 8:58 AM
Thanks for such a quick upload!

Based on your preview picture, am I correct in thinking the Sims still turn blue when they get cold?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
Thanks for such a quick upload!

Based on your preview picture, am I correct in thinking the Sims still turn blue when they get cold?

Yup they still turn blue and shiver when its too cold out.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 8:14 PM
Does this work with the new patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:09 PM
Thank you so much for this mod. Now I'll be able to play my game without worrying about my simmies dying because of temperature :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:21 PM
I have been looking for this ever since Seasons came out! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 10:02 PM
Thank you. I threw a party and literally had 4 sims die from the heat... I invited them over to their death it felt like. But you think they would be smart enough to go inside but sims don't have that autonomy... you think they would but anyway, glad I can add this to my game so this doesn't happen again
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:01 AM
Best Mod Ever :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:45 PM
Thanks, I saw this yesterday and was thinking I didn't need this, that I wanted my Sims to live naturally. That was until the father of one of my beloved family had to take a sick pet to the vet. As soon as he returned home, I had him run inside, except he fell dead before he reached the door.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:21 PM
I'm looking for a not controlled sims version only, still want the danger for my controlled sims,
but not the whole town dying at the outdoor pool in spring (rip 4 children from the adventure/rebel club)

but still a very good mod, so thanks
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:35 AM
Thank you so much! Any chance we can get a mod to eliminate weather breaking outside electronics? Really annoying having to constantly fix and replace my speakers because of rain and lightning.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thetwilightfreak88
Thank you so much! Any chance we can get a mod to eliminate weather breaking outside electronics? Really annoying having to constantly fix and replace my speakers because of rain and lightning.

I found that pretty annoying as well. I know my community speakers are still working fine and are waterproof since I didn't update them with the latest changes from seasons. You can find them here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=599423
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:14 AM
Thank you for this. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:45 AM
Thanks for the mod, really good. And the mod will make Sim wear outerwear on time?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KarinaRuDICH
Thanks for the mod, really good. And the mod will make Sim wear outerwear on time?

They will still change into their hot or cold outfits when necessary. This just stops a separate outfit change from happening when its raining out.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:10 AM
Thank you! I have turn off the sims will be affected by temps because had a townie die inside a community lot from freezing, went outside and one of my sims urn was sitting on the street didn't even know they die outside. I was hoping someone would do this. Thank you again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 6:42 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot tell you how much I have HATED using the "no weather effects" setting in the game merely because of the "freezing incidents" I kept having in game. Every time my player controlled Sim would visit a lot with an outdoor area (like a spa with a meditation garden) NPC's would start freezing to death outside in their athletic attire and it would trigger a chain reaction as more and more townies would run outside to see what was going on. I think the most deaths I had occur in a chain like that before quitting the lot was over 15. But disabling the effects really took away some of the best realism gained from having the seasons. Thank you so much for this mod!!!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 11:19 PM
Does this mod work with version 1.48
Thankyou
Page 1 of 2