Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 4:52 AM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed the tutorial exactly. I can see it in the preview inside the morphmaker program, but once I get in to the Sims. It's nowhere to be found. I am trying to do a full face and a head morph. Neither shows up or works, but I can see my package in custom content when the game starts.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imago3d
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed the tutorial exactly. I can see it in the preview inside the morphmaker program, but once I get in to the Sims. It's nowhere to be found. I am trying to do a full face and a head morph. Neither shows up or works, but I can see my package in custom content when the game starts.

I found that Full Face presets are not made the same way as the others and MorphMaker can't make them. Try another region, like Forehead. I can't tell what the problem is with your head morph without more information - is it a preset or slider, and what region are you attaching it to?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 4:44 AM
I wanted to make werewolves. I tried what you said about using the forehead and it works! I am so happy. Thank you so very much for replying. I was thinking I was screwing it up somehow. Thank you so very much!!
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 9:35 PM
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me out. This is the first time I have ever used Morph Maker, (months ago I wanted to try it but I didn't have time). So, last night I tried to make an adult female body preset using Blender 2.75. I watched a tutorial on Youtube (this is helpful but I'm very visual and I need to see how things are done, I have dyslexia xd). The video honestly wasn't very helpful, I followed it exactly and I still had problems. I edited the mesh mostly using sculpt, but I noticed some gaps in the thigh area. So, I filled in the area with edit mode. Then, I was done and saved my mesh. I inserted the mesh exactly like how I was supposed to into Morph Maker (at least I thought so), I saved it, at this point I was very hopeful. After experiencing lots of frustration due to my terrible Blender skills, I thought I had finally figured it out. Nope. I clicked preview and the morph was the original female morph. So, I read through the directions a few times, and I'm really stupid when it comes to technical things, but I noticed you said you can't add extra vertices and faces. When I filled in the gaps in the mesh, I added extra vertices, of course. So, I thought that was all it was, and as long as I didn't add extra vertices, I would be okay. So today I wanted to make my own female preteen child morph. I sculpted it, again I followed the directions on how to insert it into Morph Maker, but I still just see the unedited original child morph in preview. If you could tell me if you notice anything I did wrong, I would appreciate it. (Just another quick question, in the post you said, "If using Blender, import the morph OBJ with these options: Split selected: Object checked, Group checked." I actually have no idea what that means. I understand the object part, but not the "split checked" thing. Also, I followed mostly the tutorial from RedHead Sims CC, which is a very new video. By the way, sorry If I'm being a bother, I'm just really bad at trying to figure things out, I’m easily frustrated. xd)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 10:17 PM
I'll try to help, but don't really understand what you did. If you added vertices it definitely won't work, but when you try to create the morph MorphMaker will fail and give you an error message. How did you get the morph file you previewed? If you're making a BGEO, did you use the head mesh exported from the BGEO tab?

The Blender export instructions are for the export options:
The split option should be selected
Object should be checked
Group should be checked

It might be easier if you get a screenshot of MorphMaker when you make the BGEO and of the preview, and upload your base and morph meshes.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 12:04 AM Last edited by WondrousBirch : 28th Jun 2019 at 12:32 AM.
Thank you for responding so quickly. Wow, I'm an actually such an idiot. Last night when I started this, I was so exhausted it gave me errors and I just blew them off. Then, I just totally forgot that even happened. Since then, I tried to make a new morph, however, it hasn't given me any error messages. I'm guessing that's because it's already sealed the fact that I accepted the errors. I will say though, I don't remember it telling me anything I that I could understand, just a long group of numbers.
I used DMAP, I'm not even sure if that was the right thing to do, I just followed the video. (Just a little note, I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but when I entered Blender, I deleted the Lamp, Camera, and starter block)

I'll give you a run-down of the steps I took:
Create DMAPS>Human>Adult Female>Skintight>Export OBJ
Blender 2.75>Import>Wavefront (.obj)
From there I lightly edited the morph (it wasn't anything advanced, just a curvier body shape).
Export>Wavefront (.obj)
Then, I just put my morph into step 3) base skintight mesh, and morph skintight and clicked "Create Dmaps", and I saved two Dmap files it gave me.
Create/Edit Slider and/or Preset Package>(I can't quite remember if I did "Add/Edit Sim Modifiers" or "Add/Edit Sculpts", I probably tried both).
Then I named my morph and everything, checked the boxes for my specific morph settings, and I put my first Dmap into "Dmap Shape" and my second into "Dmap Normals". I made the region be "Body" and the subregion "None". Then I clicked save and previewed my morph. The morph was just the regular adult female morph without any of my modifications.

I'm afraid I still don't understand the export options. I tried looking as I was exporting but I must be missing them.

I'm so sorry if I missed anything obvious, and I will keep vigorously trying to figure this out to save work on your part.

(EDIT: I figured out the split thing, object and group were both checked already.)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 12:36 PM
All of that sounds right. BTW, MorphMaker will always give an error message if it detects an error.

If you'll upload your base and morph meshes and your DMaps for me to look at maybe I can find the problem. Just put them in a zip or rar and attach them here, or put them somewhere else and pm me with the link.

Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 5:51 AM Last edited by WondrousBirch : 29th Jun 2019 at 6:09 AM.
Sorry for the late reply, I'll pm the files but I just don't know how to. Actually, I only made an account on this site to ask for help. xd Anyway, I tried to add the files but I couldn't figure it out. Also, I did try a few more times to make the morphs, it didn't work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 1:07 PM
You can upload to a file host like Google Drive or OneDrive, they'll give you a link to share.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 8:03 PM
Got your two morph meshes, and both work perfectly for me. Did you possibly put the same morphed mesh into both the base and morph mesh slots?

You only gave me the two morph meshes so I can't tell if something's wrong with the base meshes or exactly what's in the DMaps MorphMaker created for you. If you're still having problems please upload the base meshes, the morph meshes, and the DMaps you got from MorphMaker.

Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 2:17 AM
Oh my goodness, I feel like this whole thing has been me saying what an idiot I am, but I'll say it just once more... I'm sooo stupid! xd You're right, the problem was I used my morphed mesh for the base mesh and for the morph. The funny thing about it is, I even thought about that briefly yesterday, but I just ignored it. My frustration always clouds my reasoning. Thank you so much for the help! :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 9:26 PM
Hi, really great tool! I was wondering, is there a way to export a body texture to place onto your OBJ for better morphing accuracy? I tried using existing texture files I have but they don't seem to fit the model :/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beenbo1015
Hi, really great tool! I was wondering, is there a way to export a body texture to place onto your OBJ for better morphing accuracy? I tried using existing texture files I have but they don't seem to fit the model :/

If you're exporting the head mesh for a BGEO and use the option to use uv0, you should be able to use any skin texture. If you're working with body morphs using a DMAP, the meshes by necessity use uv1 which can't be used to map a skin texture to the model, that's just a limitation of how the meshes are constructed. Sorry!

Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If you're exporting the head mesh for a BGEO and use the option to use uv0, you should be able to use any skin texture. If you're working with body morphs using a DMAP, the meshes by necessity use uv1 which can't be used to map a skin texture to the model, that's just a limitation of how the meshes are constructed. Sorry!

Ah that's a shame but understandable! Thank you for clearing that up
Also if I may ask, is it possible to export existing body presets like yfbody_hourglass or ymbody_bodybuilder for morphing the body?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beenbo1015
Ah that's a shame but understandable! Thank you for clearing that up
Also if I may ask, is it possible to export existing body presets like yfbody_hourglass or ymbody_bodybuilder for morphing the body?

Yes, you have to clone the preset first - start a morph package, click the Clone Preset button in the presets tab, pick the ones you want, do a preview, and save the morphed mesh which can then optionally be modified and put back in MM as a morph mesh. HOWEVER, the current official MorphMaker doesn't preview bone morphs so for some presets you might want to grab the beta of the new version which does: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=627691

Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 7:05 AM
Slight problem. I was following Redheadsims' tutorial on how to make a fullbody preset, and when I get to the importing part, the morpher seems to freeze. What am I doing wrong?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mezzki
Slight problem. I was following Redheadsims' tutorial on how to make a fullbody preset, and when I get to the importing part, the morpher seems to freeze. What am I doing wrong?

I need a more detailed description of what you did and what happened - what were you importing? Where? How long did you wait before deciding it was frozen? Were there any error messages? And I'll need the files you were working with: base and morph meshes and the DMap if you got that far.

Test Subject
#43 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I need a more detailed description of what you did and what happened - what were you importing? Where? How long did you wait before deciding it was frozen? Were there any error messages? And I'll need the files you were working with: base and morph meshes and the DMap if you got that far.

Sorry, sorry. I messed up exporting the preset. It works.
Test Subject
#44 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:07 AM
Is there a way to use a .obj as a preset somehow? A while ago I found a website that makes a 3d model of your face with a picture, and was wondering if it would be possible to make that a TS4 preset.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenAkasha
Is there a way to use a .obj as a preset somehow? A while ago I found a website that makes a 3d model of your face with a picture, and was wondering if it would be possible to make that a TS4 preset.

You need a pair of meshes that are exactly alike except one is the unmodified base and one is a morph with only the vertex positions and normals changed. So no, not unless the website can give you a neutral base and the same mesh shaped like your face.

Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WondrousBirch
Thank you for responding so quickly. Wow, I'm an actually such an idiot. Last night when I started this, I was so exhausted it gave me errors and I just blew them off. Then, I just totally forgot that even happened. Since then, I tried to make a new morph, however, it hasn't given me any error messages. I'm guessing that's because it's already sealed the fact that I accepted the errors. I will say though, I don't remember it telling me anything I that I could understand, just a long group of numbers.
I used DMAP, I'm not even sure if that was the right thing to do, I just followed the video. (Just a little note, I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but when I entered Blender, I deleted the Lamp, Camera, and starter block)

I'll give you a run-down of the steps I took:
Create DMAPS>Human>Adult Female>Skintight>Export OBJ
Blender 2.75>Import>Wavefront (.obj)
From there I lightly edited the morph (it wasn't anything advanced, just a curvier body shape).
Export>Wavefront (.obj)
Then, I just put my morph into step 3) base skintight mesh, and morph skintight and clicked "Create Dmaps", and I saved two Dmap files it gave me.
Create/Edit Slider and/or Preset Package>(I can't quite remember if I did "Add/Edit Sim Modifiers" or "Add/Edit Sculpts", I probably tried both).
Then I named my morph and everything, checked the boxes for my specific morph settings, and I put my first Dmap into "Dmap Shape" and my second into "Dmap Normals". I made the region be "Body" and the subregion "None". Then I clicked save and previewed my morph. The morph was just the regular adult female morph without any of my modifications.

I'm afraid I still don't understand the export options. I tried looking as I was exporting but I must be missing them.

I'm so sorry if I missed anything obvious, and I will keep vigorously trying to figure this out to save work on your part.

(EDIT: I figured out the split thing, object and group were both checked already.)

working very well.. thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
You'll probably find the morph doesn't look exactly the same in the game as in previews, probably because of the effect of other morphs interacting with it

Is there any way around this? I am trying to sculpt a character from another game, it looks ok in the preview but it looks way different in the game
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sigma1202
Is there any way around this? I am trying to sculpt a character from another game, it looks ok in the preview but it looks way different in the game

Try the preset for different ages, in case the teen or elder morphs are interfering. And you could upload it here for me to look at.

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 7:46 PM
Thanks so much for the tutorial !! I do everything as described, I only do the body, but the sim turns out to have an open mouth
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KarinaRuDICH
Thanks so much for the tutorial !! I do everything as described, I only do the body, but the sim turns out to have an open mouth

You can't morph the body with a BGEO. Are you asking in the wrong tutorial?

If you're using a DMap, make sure you have the latest version of MorphMaker and you're not trying to morph the fingers. As I recall the open mouth problem was corrected some time ago.

Page 2 of 4