Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:28 PM
Default New Patch from Origin
I just got a new patch from Origin/EA for Sims 4. Now not one of the mods I so carefully selected from this site or any other work. They have all been deleted. They are still in the 'Mod' folder, but are no longer read. Any ideas anyone?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:34 PM
You probably have to tick in the allow mods box in options, but you should be careful with your saves. Start a new one or make a backup. Ruined saves are so annoying.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:59 PM
"We’ve made MySims trophies less rare." WHAT? Those things are constantly spawning, disappointing me when I'm looking for crystals, metals, and fossils! Maybe 1 in 4 already, PLUS we have treasure maps that appear every 1 out of 5 or so, and they GUARANTEE a MySims trophy! I want those things to be MORE rare!
Instructor
#4 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperCoolRachael
"We’ve made MySims trophies less rare." WHAT? Those things are constantly spawning, disappointing me when I'm looking for crystals, metals, and fossils! Maybe 1 in 4 already, PLUS we have treasure maps that appear every 1 out of 5 or so, and they GUARANTEE a MySims trophy! I want those things to be MORE rare!

You hit the nail on the head. Moment I read your comment, I thought "she's right." I suspect the Sims Team wanted to aid people that desperately want to complete that collection, but they didn't plan or think at all. If they wanna make all camps happy, the goal should've been to increase the rate of rare MySims trophies being spawned by the capsule thing, NOT by upping the rate that people find capsules.
Scholar
#5 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
You hit the nail on the head. Moment I read your comment, I thought "she's right." I suspect the Sims Team wanted to aid people that desperately want to complete that collection, but they didn't plan or think at all. If they wanna make all camps happy, the goal should've been to increase the rate of rare MySims trophies being spawned by the capsule thing, NOT by upping the rate that people find capsules.

Actually, the patch notes are referring to this bug report on Answers HQ: Answer HQ English>Games>The Sims>The Sims 4>Bug Reports [FIXED] Rare MySim trophies missing from time capsules.

The bug is that some of them could only be found on Sixam and SimGuru Nick speculated that the bug has existed since the patch for GTW was released. I know, myself, I've never been able to complete that collection in any of my saves without either cheating or getting the last rare ones I need from the flea market in San Myshuno, because space travel doesn't interest me, so I've never been to Sixam.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperCoolRachael

You know what'd be nice? "No MySims trophies" for Scientists at the lab! Because when you're trying to do the collection, that's a pain in the butt.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:54 AM
This Jasminine Skill Booster is making is making some of my skills go up in a ridiculously fast state, If I Spray for Bugs, it just flies up, I feel like im exploiting a bug nd i'm cheating,.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You probably have to tick in the allow mods box in options, but you should be careful with your saves. Start a new one or make a backup. Ruined saves are so annoying.

Doh! I completely forgot about that. (Head slapping moment) Thank you Volvenom, you saved me.