Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#51 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
Yep, those squiggly thought-bubble lines....signs of corruption at it's finest.

Actually, in that case no. If you look carefully you can see the missing-texture replacement in that bubble, not squiggly lines. That's a memory that has lost it's topic (but is otherwise fixable or deletable). Besides, wiggly lines are not always a sign of corruption or a problem.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:21 PM
That's not the dreaded "squiggly lines" thought bubble. That sim appears to be thinking about some object - possibly a texture failed to load. The dreaded "squiggly lines" thought bubble looks like the ones in the following images and is actually the game trying to render several icons in the same thought bubble.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22...bih=966#imgrc=_

EDIT: Ninja'd by Maxon
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#53 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:56 PM
Makes a change - it's usually Jo does that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#54 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 5:41 PM
Oooh I've had those squiggly lines before! 12 year old me was also responsible for this
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 7:04 PM
I was transferring my downloads to another laptop that has better specs to play the game. Apparently, the usb drive stick was faulty and actually deleted many files during transfer...and I had broken the cardinal rule of "Thou shall back up everything". Not only will I have to replace thousands of files, my houses won't even open up anymore due to so much content missing. Almost broke down in tears on that one.
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM
As some other have stated here before, 12 years old me also didn't knew that much English. I've already played ts2 since I was 10 or so (don't know, it has become very vague, but I was the one responsible for dragging my best friend in all of it ) but after a few years I also discovered the testingcheatsenabled cheat. At first I only used it to keep motives up but then I started to experiment a bit. I did discover some useful things but it was some trial and error stuff. At some point I ended up making poor Johnny Smith walk around like a ghost until eternity, I just didn't think about leaving the household without saving. Woops... (And up to this day I still don't know how I did it and I don't want to try again. Once he even ended up being stuck at the mail box while sitting as if he was in a car.)
Anyways, I did knew that the testingcheatsenabled cheat could seriously fuck up your game so I was careful with it for most of the time. I also did a lot of VBT when I was younger. I removed gravestones frequently, moved some occupied lots to the bin and deleted entire households after finding out I didn't like them after all after creating them. Somehow I never noticed any corruption signs. Or I was too oblivious for it....
In the end I guess I still got very lucky, I'm older now and I've become more careful with everything even though I'm now starting to play a bit with simPE. Most of my issues today are finding out why my game isn't working again but that happened ever so often I now have a handful of solutions to try. I've never had as many troubles with any game I've ever played as with ts2.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:44 AM
Long long long time ago i made a sim marry and have kids with Rod Humble
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:47 AM
Having Newsons inhabit the small trailer I built and then trying to keep them alive and well.

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:12 PM
When I was around 9-10 I remember first discovering the testingcheats command and adding the Grim Reaper and the Hula Zombies because of a Sims website that basically said "hey, do this, it's really cool!". I still remember playing the game on after that, I don't think it ever really broke on me too bad, but I definitely remember some really weird stuff happening after that. Something that immediately came to mind was Don Lothario turning into a dog with really freaky textures and animations.
Instructor
#60 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STS3388
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Let a Sim befriend Marsha Bruenig. Luckily, after aging Marsha up to a teen she's less annoying.

Why........

Try it
As a child she will call you every day, until you get sick of her, and even after that, even when your own Sims are already adults or elders. She's like a 10 points nice Sim who will visit your house every few hours and only leaves when you say goodbye, until you make everyone in the family hate them.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:49 PM
Thinking Drama Acres was going to be another throwaway experimental hood.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#62 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Having Newsons inhabit the small trailer I built and then trying to keep them alive and well.

You should probably be in a sim court brought up on sim charges for that one. Was it fun?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM
It's as fun as exilerating. None of those kids will grow up nicely. And family won't get any richer till these teens start to work. And they cant, because they are already all in the orange. ALL OF THEM. I'm keeping the life line thin, but luckily it's still there.

Feels like a challenge really, and it is fun from that aspect. It's... something new.
Instructor
#64 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 11:37 AM
i remember me making a stupid mistake of letting the pregnant woman die, or letting the father die while his wife was pregnant, so the baby didn't had a father when it's born i was only 14 and had less experience with sims 2 in general when this happened, i didn't knew back by then there was a cheat

also when i was younger i build a house without windows, doors or with ugly walls and floors and sometimes i even forgot to make rooms, like bedroom, bathroom, kitchen livingroom studyroom and/or nurseyroom
and when i even maked the room complete i forgot to put the stairs there

also when the social or hungry became red or when the temperature became red or blue: the social worker came to take the kids, i was pretty mad

i remember this all correctly when i was younger :-)
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:43 PM
My worst mistake may be playing with a vanilla game... I remember LTW of my sims changing for no reason, and that's all. Yes, i'm a wise simmer. :D
Forum Resident
#66 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:27 PM
choosing a too little neighborhood to play all my sims in and for some reason I just learned that even with my recent backup my neighborhood have now spread wildfire of mistakes to all neighborhood because I made one little mistake - it keeps asking me to reset the animations and often with kids coming home with homework - the homework disappears ... in all neighborhoods so time to reinstall ;w; shit

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#67 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:35 AM
oh yeah when i was younger i also remembered i tried to make large public with clothes shopping, to buy food (idk how that's called anymore though since i'm dutch)
to buy a pet (pet shopping) to go to the restaurants, making toilets's to men's and women's and however but i totally forgot to save it up once in a while,

so when i was finally done to build a all in one thing my sims stopped working and quit, when i started it up i checked if it was save but uhm yeah you know the results,
it was all gone, it turned out i didn't saved it up while it took me 3 hours or something to get this done with the building and all, i was very angry and sad at the same time

and even if i did maked something small, a school or something it turned out i didn't had this lot in public, so the sim(s) could move in because it was a residental/living area all this whole time

i will NEVER make this mistake ever again with the 2 of them
Instructor
#68 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:44 PM
i also quite often make a mistake by not checking the cc's stuff hair once in a while because i download things a bit too much by not checking the cc's hair out once in a while
with my new laptop here i wanna wait with the downloads with hair's but i won't make that mistake ever again because my sims stopped working when i checked the hair

and then i had to delete all of the cc's stuff because i didn't knew how to do that in some other way

i always make sure to click on disable when it comes to cc's stuff but also the hacks since it's just the hair most of the time

and well speaking of hacks: when i was a few years younger i deleted the hacks unsafely because my sims crashed and didn't knew how i could solve this problem
but now i do, i check the things i logged in (logs) and delete it like right away!

i check out the cache when the sims won't start up again,and sometimes i click on the sims 2 launcher when the normal version of the sims 2 won't work
so yes i have few ways how to get my sims to work again

i quite often hears you need to keep the cc's stuff apart that might caused to crash (or atleast how i get the cc's stuff to work again without any problems)
and to make a apart map of that but i don't know how to do that (i sure can create a map and put the cc's stuff apart that might be a cause that the sims stopped working but the rest of it is pretty hard especially when you use sims 2 pack clean installer)

i sure can delete the hack downloads there without any problems, (i did it with inteenimater ever since i found out there isn't much things you could do when you wanna do something with your own sims or other sims, and so i did it with the download you could live with 50 sims since i couldn't do much with TV's there)

so yes i make sure i check the cc's stuff once in a while after a couple of downloads there (and when it's packed out of course)
and i also make sure to delete the hack safely by clicking the hack disable by options before doing that :P
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:52 PM
moved the house of fallen leaves to my neighborhood and started playing it. Quickly started to see that children had ltws and i never opened the hood again XD
Mad Poster
#70 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:05 PM
Saving when my hard drive was full and exploding a neighbourhood. That was two and a half years ago, I think, and I'm still kicking myself.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#71 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:50 PM
If you'd run out of hard drive space, you probably had much bigger problems than your Sims neighborhood exploding.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:03 PM
It's because I decided that it was a good idea to extract all my Sims 2 backups (which were kept in ultra-compressed 7z files) while playing the game. I'm not very smart sometimes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#73 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
i also quite often make a mistake by not checking the cc's stuff hair once in a while because i download things a bit too much by not checking the cc's hair out once in a while
with my new laptop here i wanna wait with the downloads with hair's but i won't make that mistake ever again because my sims stopped working when i checked the hair

and then i had to delete all of the cc's stuff because i didn't knew how to do that in some other way

i always make sure to click on disable when it comes to cc's stuff but also the hacks since it's just the hair most of the time

and well speaking of hacks: when i was a few years younger i deleted the hacks unsafely because my sims crashed and didn't knew how i could solve this problem
but now i do, i check the things i logged in (logs) and delete it like right away!

i check out the cache when the sims won't start up again,and sometimes i click on the sims 2 launcher when the normal version of the sims 2 won't work
so yes i have few ways how to get my sims to work again

i quite often hears you need to keep the cc's stuff apart that might caused to crash (or atleast how i get the cc's stuff to work again without any problems)
and to make a apart map of that but i don't know how to do that (i sure can create a map and put the cc's stuff apart that might be a cause that the sims stopped working but the rest of it is pretty hard especially when you use sims 2 pack clean installer)

i sure can delete the hack downloads there without any problems, (i did it with inteenimater ever since i found out there isn't much things you could do when you wanna do something with your own sims or other sims, and so i did it with the download you could live with 50 sims since i couldn't do much with TV's there)

so yes i make sure i check the cc's stuff once in a while after a couple of downloads there (and when it's packed out of course)
and i also make sure to delete the hack safely by clicking the hack disable by options before doing that :P

the only thing i can possibly do is checking out the body shop (sims 2) if that might be the cause the hair quited the game but when you have a bit too much downloads in your hair (CC's), it's kind of a hard thing to do
it helped me once when i knew where this hair is coming from when the sims stopped working for a bit
Field Researcher
#74 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 5:06 PM
Looong time ago, when I first played the sims 2, I was playing without hacs/mods/cc, my game was just EAxis because I was new to the whole thing.
So, I was playing Natasha Una in Desiderata Valley. I remember that I had changed her aspiration to Fortune (because after a while, grilled cheese made me wanna puke ), she had a job and several shops selling pottery, clothes and paintings. She had become a kind of filthy rich businesswoman and she was dating that John Mole guy on-and-off. She was always busy and never had time to fill all those holes the stupid stray dogs and wolves were digging in her yard. I was sick and tired of the holes and her complaining about her negative environment score whenever she was out of her house. And out of the blue I found a solution (or so I thought!). I had her fill the holes one last time and then I put trees everywhere so the dogs/wolves couldn't find a place to dig. Silly me It worked for a couple of days and then... the rain came along with the thunder and the... fire All the trees were on fire (apparently I had put them too close to each other!), her car was on fire and then slowly and painfully the outside walls of the house were on fire too. She was in the house and she burst outside to do the panick dance. I was paralysed for some moments and the fire grew bigger. I tried to send her in the house to call for emergency, she wouldn't do it (the irony was that when she woke up that morning I was contemplating if I should send her to buy a cell phone just because she was so rich and she had to have one but I never did ). Everything turned to ashes along with Natasha! I was just watching everything that was going on and I couldn't do anything to save her. After the whole scene came to an end I was thrown to neighborhood view...
It took me more than 2 weeks to play the sims 2 again (which is a good thing comparing with the almost 3 months it took me to play the sims 3 when my favourite sim got stack in Champs Le Sims and couldn't return to her home world, stupid EA ) but I learnt my lesson well. I have a hack now that got rid of rain and thunders all together and I have Visitor Controller that keeps away all strays and wolves (unless my sims need to adopt a stray or become werewolves!). But no hack can take away what I felt during that fire and everytime I play Natasha Una I still ask her to forgive me for ending her life so untimely just because I didn't know how to play the game in the right way...
Field Researcher
#75 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
You know natbsim, your post made me laugh because you could have just, you know, paved the entire outside with a flooring of your choice. Apparently, dogs don't dig through stone, brick or carpet in the Sims 2!

Aside from the usual boring bad stuff (deleting sims, in my case, installing a clean neighbourhood went wrong ), my biggest mistake was start playing the game for the first time with the Broke household... with aging off. It took me so long to realise that with Inge's mod, toddlers don't age up.
Page 3 of 4