Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sleep, Bed and Seating Mods

by simler90 Posted 6th Apr 2018 at 8:51 AM - Updated 27th Sep 2022 at 8:03 AM by simler90

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:57 AM
Oh! I _always_ wake them up and direct them to the right bed, so this mod will suit me perfectly.
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:27 AM
Two Jeffs made Smart Beds years ago and it's been available at Simbology ever since. As a mod at Simbology, I feel obliged to point this out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:39 PM
I will be happy to give this mod a try, because Smart Beds sometimes doesn't work in my game. I'm really hoping this mod will work for me!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 6:02 PM
This is so great!
I have quite a few big families and it annoyed me to no end that the kids would not sleep in their own beds but rather allover the place. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zephyrzodiac
Two Jeffs made Smart Beds years ago and it's been available at Simbology ever since. As a mod at Simbology, I feel obliged to point this out.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the two mods, if difference there is?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:05 PM
I'm not entirely happy with Smart Beds, so I'll be glad to give this a try.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:19 PM
One thing is smart beds adds a section to the self pie menu "when you click on the sim your currently controlling" that lets you adjust and check different settings regarding bed ownership. Such as making sims claim the bed their standing closes to, Un-claiming any bed ownership they have, and finally telling them to show you what bed they own by running up to it.
Basically this mod seems more simplified with everything happing in the back ground without user input. While it is possible to use Smart Beds without any user input other then telling new sims which bed to sleep in for the first night it is much more user driven then this mod seems to be.

I think I will try this on in place of Smart beds for a while. I've never used many of SB's extra features and the only other mod of this type I know of causes my animal sims to glitch out.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:11 PM
It's useful to see the comparison between mods doing similar things. Thanks, keyqueen.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 3:48 AM
I may have found an issue with this mod when playing in a house with vampire coffins. I sent a PM with the details.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:23 PM
I have a question, how does this behave on a community lot...would you know?
My sims are allowed to sleep on community lots, and I noticed the other day that they do not seem to bother with who is already in the bed. There is room for them, they sleep in regardless. They were non-controlable sims though.
My community lot is a B&B with a few bedrooms that each have a double bed. Sims(Townies, non-playable) might go sleep if they are hanging on the lot for too long and are getting tired enough...I am wondering how/if your mod will effect this. Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 4:52 PM
Will this work for babies and infants too. Would be nice to use another crib besides 'Reservable Cribs' for my infants and babies. I don't use custom beds for them because they keep putting the infant in the toddler's crib.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:01 AM
@simler90 Your Mod sound interest, Question please will this mod once place in the game will it "RESET" my game ?
A reset usually happen for example if the Sims are in bed or at the table eating when you exit out of their household, but when a particular mod is place in the game, ( Sometime )

You the player when you do return back into the household of the Sims that was all in bed or all at the table, they will all be standing beside the bed or table, that is known as a reset .
which affect the whole hood. please reply
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have a question, how does this behave on a community lot...would you know?
My sims are allowed to sleep on community lots, and I noticed the other day that they do not seem to bother with who is already in the bed. There is room for them, they sleep in regardless. They were non-controlable sims though.
My community lot is a B&B with a few bedrooms that each have a double bed. Sims(Townies, non-playable) might go sleep if they are hanging on the lot for too long and are getting tired enough...I am wondering how/if your mod will effect this. Thank you.

The mod should work in the same way on community lots as it does on non-community lots, as far as I know. I haven't tested the mod on community lots, because I don't have a mod that allows sims to sleep on community lots, but I think everything should work fine.

Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Will this work for babies and infants too. Would be nice to use another crib besides 'Reservable Cribs' for my infants and babies. I don't use custom beds for them because they keep putting the infant in the toddler's crib.

The mod does not affect cribs, as they are completely separate from beds.

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@simler90 Your Mod sound interest, Question please will this mod once place in the game will it "RESET" my game ?
A reset usually happen for example if the Sims are in bed or at the table eating when you exit out of their household, but when a particular mod is place in the game, ( Sometime )

You the player when you do return back into the household of the Sims that was all in bed or all at the table, they will all be standing beside the bed or table, that is known as a reset .
which affect the whole hood. please reply

I didn't come across any lot resets, but if you want to be completely sure that there won't be any lot resets, then do this: Before downloading this mod, go into a lot, and order some sims to sleep in a bed. After they are in the bed, save and exit the game. Put my mod into your Downloads folder and go into the game. Load the same lot and see if the sims are still in their bed.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:24 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 11th Apr 2018 at 12:53 PM.
Thank you for your reply. I'll test this and see how fun it gets
Oops...HCDU detected 2 conflicts with Numenor's Sleeping On Community Lot
Sleeping TEST.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=241797
This was to be expected, and this is unfortunate! :/

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 3:04 AM
Thanks for your reply, I will test and see if there is a reset will let you know.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:21 PM
Wow! I've not tested it yet but if it works out this would be awesome!! I never heard of any other similar hacks, and it gets so frustrating when sims go to get into each others beds and you can only hope to notice in time to redirect them.

If you want to actually earn a sparkly halo, please do something similar for cribs! It drives me bonkers when they mix and match them, especially as I torture my poor simmies with multiple babies.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:24 PM
I'm getting an error message when I go to download saying 'Cannot open file (blah blah blah) as archive'

Never had that before! What does it mean and how can I fix it?
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 2:59 AM
@simler90 I did as you mention in your reply back to me in Post# 14 There was NO game reset. ( thank you ) Just so you know for those who may have Chris Hatch ( adult Mod ) it work,
with his "All For Fun Bed" No problem. Thanks again for this Great mod. Also @Rosebine just so you know as well.
Alchemist
#20 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89
I'm getting an error message when I go to download saying 'Cannot open file (blah blah blah) as archive'

Never had that before! What does it mean and how can I fix it?

Sounds like a problem I was having. Fixed by updating my unzip program.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 7:39 AM
Awesome! This is one mod that is long overdue. Thank you so much!
Instructor
#22 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 8:42 PM
I was going to try out this mod because Sims randomly using any bed in the house annoys th' heck out of me. However I have gotten a message "this file cannot be downloaded" four times in a row. Could you look into this please? I would like to try out your mod. Thanks in advance, GW.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:35 AM
@simler90 I have a question about something I notice, my Sims will relax on a bed in the household that belong to another Sims in the household. Why is that ? Is this how it suppose to work?Please reply
( I have all Eps way up to Seasons, nothing after that EP )
Mad Poster
#24 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm not entirely happy with Smart Beds, so I'll be glad to give this a try.

Quote: Originally posted by Eldonyx
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the two mods, if difference there is?

@Bulbizarre Same. I think it (smart beds) messes up the way sims sleep (I have a household of eight members, of which one of whom tend to not go to bed when their energy is somewhat low) + I'm certain sims don't autonomously go to sleep until you assign them a bed via manually commanding them.

I will download and try using this one instead. Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint me (no offense to the one who created smart beds, but I think it could have been better). Though I do wonder to make it more close TS3, at least in a way where it say's whose bed it is on the pie option (is that what the interaction displayed thing is called?) somewhere inserted the sleep command. Like "Sleep with Pajamas in Jimmy's beds" ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 6:37 AM
An added benefit of this mod I discovered recently is that when playing dorms, the dormies no longer steal my sims beds!
Ever since installing Apartment Life more than a year ago, something about the sims responding to their needs got altered, 'cause I never had that issue with Freetime.
Anyway, I'm thrilled about not having to sleepclock + lock my sims dorm rooms!
Page 1 of 2