Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 > TS4 Functional Sectional Dive Seating *Plus Table*

by Menaceman44 Posted 20th Mar 2018 at 7:21 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2019 at 4:04 PM by Menaceman44 : Fixed File

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:22 PM
I love you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:41 PM
Woahza, this amazing! hopes it inspires more people to stuff like this
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:03 PM
To anyone who has already downloaded the file prior to the time of this message, please redownload. I just fixed a rather big issue that I hadn't noticed until after I uploaded. (Sims could sit inside each other on the same seat)
Sorry for any annoyance or incenvenience caused.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:35 AM
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing your work with us!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:58 AM
Excellent! Its a very pleasant surprise to see this in The Sims 4. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:55 AM
Thank you! I was hoping someone would mod this!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:59 AM
Brilliant way to hijack the game mechanics for your own purposes. We needed this this , thanks for all the hard work.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:13 PM
This is really neat, it looks so good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:04 PM
This is awesome! I always wondered if one could use the counter system on other objects, but never attempted it myself since I'm not much of a modder. Good to know it's possible! Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:34 PM
Just to clarify, are these able to be used as dining chairs or are they a sectional sofa?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2018 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Just to clarify, are these able to be used as dining chairs or are they a sectional sofa?

They are *technically* a love seat and so, sadly, they cannot be used as dining chairs.
If it would have been possible to do I would have loved to but they way the game requires Sims to pull dining chairs away from the table in order to sit down looks very wrong with these and it would also mean limiting where Sims can sit on the convex corner piece.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:53 AM
Perhaps it would be possible to remove those animations...hmm...*cogs turning*

(but you'd better do that because I am far too easily distracted )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:28 AM
exactly what i was looking for for my club VIP section. thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 4:06 PM
Small update today to fix the Comfort rating. The catalogue reported a rating of 2, which was intended, but it was apparently giving out a rating of 8 instead.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 9:16 PM
Thanks for the great mod
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 3:42 PM
I like your sectional seatings, but why can‘t pets/cats not sit on them? That‘s a bit sad because I love cats and most of my Sim families have cats
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
I like your sectional seatings, but why can‘t pets/cats not sit on them? That‘s a bit sad because I love cats and most of my Sim families have cats

Sadly it's a limitation that I couldn't find a workaround for with the way these are set up. Technically, on a coding level, these are love seats combined with kitchen counters and since one of the slots is inaccessable on all but one seat it causes animation issues. Cats also had a tendency to jump on and off of them EVERY single time their route took them past one. Sorry.

Instructor
#19 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Sadly it's a limitation that I couldn't find a workaround for with the way these are set up. Technically, on a coding level, these are love seats combined with kitchen counters and since one of the slots is inaccessable on all but one seat it causes animation issues. Cats also had a tendency to jump on and off of them EVERY single time their route took them past one. Sorry.

Hm, ok. But no matter how much I luv ALL of your sectional seatings, they will sadly not make it into my game. But your water cooler (both) sure will Great job!
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 7:07 PM
Having an issue rounding a corner - it only gives me a chair with arms on the Rounded Outer Corner piece.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyrus
Having an issue rounding a corner - it only gives me a chair with arms on the Rounded Outer Corner piece.

That is correct.
The counter corner icons that look rounded house the stand-alone seat with arms.
The counter corner icons that look rectangular house the corner seating pieces.