Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default ChairsSurroundingBed Error
Every now and again if a child or teen goes to sleep in a single bed, all sims teen and older on the lot start throwing errors constantly until I wake the sim in question up. This happens in my regular game with quite a bit of CC and mods, so I know that it might be due to one of them. But since the jump bug is random and I can't reproduce it reliably, a 50/50 or something along those lines isn't getting me anywhere. My hope is that someone might be able to make sense of the error log and give me additional infomation that helps me narrow down the problem.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:13 PM
When a sim of bearing age to be read a bed time story goes to bed, all sims in age of reading a bed time story to said sim, will bug.
This is what i understand of your error log...but I am not good at it.
The head of said bed, where you would put a chair next to, in order to read to...seems to be glitchy.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:21 PM
I know that I've had sims read bed time stories successfully, but that might have been with double beds only. I don't have any chairs in the bedrooms, so they just sit down on the floor to read the story. What is surprising me the most is that it is so random. If it is a mod conflict, shouldn't it happen every time a child/teen sim goes to sleep? Or just to sims who actually try to read a bed time story?

Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:27 PM
I get this error CONSTANTLY! Glad to know I'm not the only one. When I look at my error logs, it seems to happen whenever I'm using a specific custom single bed, so I usually just go and replace that bed with a different one, and it stops the errors. But it would be great to figure out exactly why this happens, so we could potentially fix the problematic beds. Maybe they're not updated properly for AL?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM
Like I said, I am not qualified...lol
Is that single bed you are using is CC? Does it happen with any single beds?

Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:36 PM
Oh hey, I just did some googling and found this fix http://littlelittlesimmies.tumblr.c...or-fix-download it was made by our xmathyx , but it appears she posts her CC on SFS now. By the looks of it her mod just completely disables the autonomous read to sleep action. I think you can still have your sim click on a child and have them read to sleep. I'm going to download this and try it out!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:48 PM
So..you will add a mod to your game, instead of fixing a CC bed? maybe you have too many cc beds...

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 9:49 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 9th Mar 2018 at 1:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
So..you will add a mod to your game, instead of fixing a CC bed? maybe you have too many cc beds...

I use BoilingOil's Curb All Auto Read-To

I don't have any CC single beds though, just some CC bedspreads and I don't think that they count. I just like the Mod.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:04 PM
I do not have cc bed either (besides from the ones I made, but they do not cause problems). Now I wonder if I have that BO mod...

Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:28 PM
You know, Rosebine, I wasn't just sharing that link for my own benefit but I think I'll use BO's mod instead, since I trust BO as a creator more.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:40 PM
Oh, not a question of trust. But to me, adding a mod because badly made, or too old cc..it's like taking meds to get over side effects of other meds, If you get the idea.

Scholar
#12 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:09 PM
It doesn't make a lot of sense, I don't see how there is a nil value so the error looks like it shouldn't happen. The lua script requires two parameters, the current object ID which is the bed's lead tile and it's attribute 2 (X Section (West/East)) which does have a value of -2.

The only thing I see amiss is the call to 'Run Tree by Name (Tree name: "CT - Best Surrounding Reading Chair")' is made from node 14 (0x0E) in 'Interaction - Read To Sleep - Test' in AL and M&G, and in yours it's node 15 so it must be being overridden. Although the mod does appear to be sending the correct values perhaps removing it may solve the problem. The mod would most likely be something intended to alter reading to sleep.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:22 PM
I am using CC beds, namely: Atavera's Floor Mattress and Sunni's Sleep Mat.

I did find xmathyx's fix as well, but as far as I can tell it disables the read to sleep action completely and it annoys me that it doesn't really solve the problem. It just hides it. The description of BO's mod only mentions the read to/ask to be read to interaction and not the read to sleep interaction. So, I don't think that one's relevant here?

@Chris Hatch I'm glad to hear that someone who is more knowledgeable than me agrees that it doesn't make a lot of sense. As far as I know I do not have any mod that changes the read to sleep interaction. My downloads folder is in pretty good order and I recently sorted through all of my mods. The only possibiltiy that I see is that it is part of a larger mod like InTeen? I did try putting xmathyx's fix in my downloads folder and then running the HCDU to see if I could find any conflict. There wasn't one, but I'm also not sure if that is the resource I should be looking for.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 9:09 PM
Does anyone know which resource must be overwritten to change the node in question? And am I right in my assumption that I can find the mod by extracting the original version of the resource into a new package and looking for a concflict with the HCDU?

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:10 AM
The overridden resource is the BHAV called Interaction - Read To Sleep - Test

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:08 AM
So, it is the one that is also in xmathyx's fix? To make sure, I searched for the BHAV in the M&G object.package, extracted it and put it a new package to test for a conflict. But the HCDU found nothing.

Inventor
#17 Old 22nd May 2022 at 12:54 AM
Any updates what could help fixing this issue?
I ran What Caused This through this similar kind of error (it happens to a Teen Sim + single bed, but he also has a Child sibling), but it didn't came up with suspect mods. I use ijUseInaccessibleBeds, though.