Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:25 PM
Default Converting animations from one game to another
I'm trying to convert the carry animations from Dead Rising to Sims 3. My plan was to open it up in blender, load the Sim rigs, and see if the Sim rigs would play the animation. Is this possible?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:51 PM
I don't know about Dead Rising. But Sofmc9 gave me a Sims 3 to 4 conversion tutorial on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIs6if6fDQ0
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:49 PM
I've tried this with mass effect once, and unfortunately this isn't possible, unless you manage to copy and paste them and modify every single bone (As with child to adult conversions it's easy since children have the same RIG/bones name. So there's your answer already ) So it's either a pain in the butt or impossible, depends on how far you wanna go!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
I don't know about Dead Rising. But Sofmc9 gave me a Sims 3 to 4 conversion tutorial on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIs6if6fDQ0

Interesting! I'll try the other way around!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
I've tried this with mass effect once, and unfortunately this isn't possible, unless you manage to copy and paste them and modify every single bone (As with child to adult conversions it's easy since children have the same RIG/bones name. So there's your answer already ) So it's either a pain in the butt or impossible, depends on how far you wanna go!

Oh, you make a great point there. Thanks for letting me know. That would be a pain to do that. I'm thinking about converting Sims 4 to Sims 3 animations instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Oh, you make a great point there. Thanks for letting me know. That would be a pain to do that. I'm thinking about converting Sims 4 to Sims 3 animations instead.

Wait a minute...I may have re-target the animation so it will work properly on the Sim rig. I'll do a test.