Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:15 AM
Default SimsGuruDrake Leaves EAxis
"Amanda Drake (SimGuruDrake), Community Manager to The Sims 4, has announced that she is leaving Maxis next week. She took to the forums with a statement."

https://simsvip.com/2018/02/23/sims...eaves-ea-maxis/

What are your thoughts on her leaving after the dreadful skintone fiasco on twitter? Honestly I'm glad. Anyone who handles themselves like that as a community manager, should not be allowed to community manage.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:46 AM
I just hope whoever replaces her is better at communicating with players. I don't even remember who was in her place before. They must not have been anything like Drake.
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:47 AM
I kinda like Amanda, she's always honest, albeit a bit temperamental. I'd rather have a person like her instead of a robot-like individual - although there's definitely room for improvement in the cm department. She's been cm what, 3 years? It's about the normal amount of a job that is just one small part of a career. I wish her the best.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:21 AM
Maybe guru steve will be better.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:59 AM Last edited by HarVee : 24th Feb 2018 at 8:04 PM.
Woohoo.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:36 AM
Skin tone issue aside she has never been the most tactful. For example when she said the game changers were more dedicated than regular Simmers and basically implied they were "better" on officials.

Who is going to take her place I wonder?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:21 AM
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:05 PM
Good for her.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:06 PM
Glad this isn't just a clickbait title. Is there gonna be an awkward dance party thrown in to celebrate her quitting? Actually no, we're happy she is leaving the presence of hers out of the door, so who isn't thrilled and joyful. I do hope nobody like her or worse takes her place
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 2:31 PM
TBH I think the EA_<name> moderators are doing the better job. They're kind of more neutral and laid back. And efficient when something needs doing. I bear no ill will but it was all too personal with her.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:20 PM
Aw, now where are we gonna get unnecessary drama?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Bye, girl lol

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:29 PM
Dag dag Drake.
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
Good riddance. Community Manager shouldn't act childish like her.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:53 PM
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
Aw, now where are we gonna get unnecessary drama?

Grant, perhaps?
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:28 PM
Sorry for being out of the loop, but exactly what did she do?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:39 AM
Is there anyone actually sad about this besides Drake herself?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:40 AM
Well... having her as cm has certainly been.... a time. I don't know what she has done most recently that may have annoyed people. It's been a while since I've seen/kep track of sims drama, but I know there has been drama surrounding her in the past. Hopefully whoever replaces her is able to be more consistantly professional. No ill will though, and I wish her all the best going forward.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guzma
Sorry for being out of the loop, but exactly what did she do?

There's a good bit on this in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=606959 .
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:26 AM
And that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. There were so many problems/issues with her we could list them for days. But hooray, she is gone and I hope whoever replaces her is far better.
Instructor
#22 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:49 AM
I doubt it, Community Managers change a lot due to several reasons (as in salary reasons). I play a MMO for the last 6 years that its on its 4th Community Manager I know of and it would be the 5th since the first one was replaced when the game changed publishers but that was before my time.

I know many hold no love for her and a lot due to her community programs that ignored traditional websites in favor of YB and Twitch Streamers and she caused unnecessary friction within the community that quite frankly diminished to the point we dont need further divisions into "isms", honestly she did much harm with her heavy-handed approach.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:04 AM
She may be posting here at Sims VIP. If so, it is pretty darn bad. And if so, it shows even more why it is a good thing that she is gone. The comments about the community are pretty bad/strong. Yes, the community can be difficult, but......

https://simsvip.com/2018/02/23/sims...eaves-ea-maxis/
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:07 AM
That may or may not be her, because we do have some community trolls here and there that would love to get a piece of the action by stirring the pot.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#25 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
That may or may not be her, because we do have some community trolls here and there that would love to get a piece of the action by stirring the pot.

Very true. Such drama! LOL
Page 1 of 4