Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mood Swing + Midlife Crisis

by piqiwi Posted 11th Feb 2018 at 7:19 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:27 AM by piqiwi

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 8:52 PM
Midlife crisis lasts 7 days, pregnancy (I guess) 3 days and teen mood swings 3 days.
But the lifespan for my sims is different from Maxis'. Pregnancy is 9 days, teens 96 days and adults even 552 days.
Is there a way to change the amount of days the mood swings take so it's more realistic in my game?
So pregnancy 9 days, Teens 19 days and adults 138 days would be the right change.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Midlife crisis lasts 7 days, pregnancy (I guess) 3 days and teen mood swings 3 days.
But the lifespan for my sims is different from Maxis'. Pregnancy is 9 days, teens 96 days and adults even 552 days.
Is there a way to change the amount of days the mood swings take so it's more realistic in my game?
So pregnancy 9 days, Teens 19 days and adults 138 days would be the right change.

I'll see what I can do
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis

I have updated so that it is flexible for aging duration hack and also configurable mood swing/midlife crisis duration. Please download the latest version
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 1:17 AM
Will the pregnancy mood swing affect pregnant male Sims via alien abduction or other means?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ClearaMorph
Will the pregnancy mood swing affect pregnant male Sims via alien abduction or other means?

It supposed to be, though I have not tested it yet. It is use module to check if a sim is pregnant and I think that includes male pregnancy, since there is no gender checking in the module
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
I have updated so that it is flexible for aging duration hack and also configurable mood swing/midlife crisis duration. Please download the latest version

I'll check it out asap.
Thank you so so much!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:45 PM
Guys, I found a conflict conflict with my mod "prom + after school activity " that make a sim get wrong personality point after having mood swing if you also install prom + after activity school so, please redownload the newest version of this mod. Very very sorry for the inconvenient.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM
Pregnant Brandi got super shy and super tidy. No strangers in the house! NO GERMS! I know the change was random but it looked fitting. ;) I am not making fun of pregnant ladies, I was a pregnant lady. We all experience it differently. Thanks for adding some variety and randomness to the game.
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:01 AM
Default Fantastic
Thank you very much. I have been looking for a mod like this for a while. Intuitive mods like these are part of why I love this community so much. Thank you.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 13th Feb 2018 at 3:52 AM.
Any idea why the messages would come up blank? I ran it through HCDU and the only found conflict was with one of the mods from Squinge's Mega College Pack. I put it after his mod and the messages still appear as blank.

EDIT: I'm using UK English. Could that be it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Any idea why the messages would come up blank? I ran it through HCDU and the only found conflict was with one of the mods from Squinge's Mega College Pack. I put it after his mod and the messages still appear as blank.

EDIT: I'm using UK English. Could that be it?

yes, it sounds like it. You can export the "English" dialog prim string set (group : 0x7FD46CD0) into txt file and import it again to "English (UK)" using SimPE to see if that's the problem. You can always backup your "English (UK)" string list first if you want.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:39 PM
Thank you this is great! I love custom memories too that was always my favourite part of the game!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:07 PM
I've downloaded the *all* version, but the bcons for modifying the durations aren't in it? I only have 12 lines (0x0-0xB) None for editing the number of days.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:13 PM
It interesting, I love the middle life crisis that quite interesting.
I saw a bug for PREGNANCY MOOD SWING where once it finishes it doesn't show icon of what aspiration I have, it interesting mod which gives bit more depth in gameplay

BTW what that UI you used?
Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:50 PM
I experienced the same thing as MattieOReilly. I don't have any of the lines in the BCON for adjusting the number of days. I checked all the posted versions. I'd like to make a version of this to use in my age-modded neighborhoods, but...?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:39 PM Last edited by piqiwi : 13th Feb 2018 at 7:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
I've downloaded the *all* version, but the bcons for modifying the durations aren't in it? I only have 12 lines (0x0-0xB) None for editing the number of days.

OMG, Thank you very much for reporting, I uploaded the wrong fixed-version, stupid me. I uploaded the unconfigurable ones. Now I have re-uploaded the configurable ones. Please redownload. Very sorry for this stupid mistake. The unconfigurable one is supposed to be functioned as normal though, but not configurable so that may be not suitable for some gameplay. Please redownload.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:39 PM Last edited by piqiwi : 13th Feb 2018 at 7:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I experienced the same thing as MattieOReilly. I don't have any of the lines in the BCON for adjusting the number of days. I checked all the posted versions. I'd like to make a version of this to use in my age-modded neighborhoods, but...?

OMG, Thank you very much for reporting, I uploaded the wrong fixed-version, stupid me. I uploaded the unconfigurable ones. Now I have re-uploaded the configurable ones. Please redownload. Very sorry for this stupid mistake. The unconfigurable one is supposed to be functioned as normal though, but not configurable so that may be not suitable for some gameplay. Please redownload.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:08 PM Last edited by piqiwi : 13th Feb 2018 at 7:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BunnyMan64
It interesting, I love the middle life crisis that quite interesting.
I saw a bug for PREGNANCY MOOD SWING where once it finishes it doesn't show icon of what aspiration I have, it interesting mod which gives bit more depth in gameplay

BTW what that UI you used?

Thanks for reporting this. Please download the update version (modified date 02/14/2018 2:xx AM), that should be fixed the problem and unconfigurable parameter that reported by MattieOReilly and iCad. But the aspiration that changed before this fixed version will still be blank though, sorry. You can change it back using cheat simmodder or ReNuYuSenso Orb. Very sorry for this bug. For using simmodder : use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, then shift+click the sims, then spawn, then sim modder. On the baby doll that appears choose aspiration and change aspiration. After that turn off testingcheatsenabled and delete the simmodder doll. Very very sorry for this bug
The UI I used is smarter UI ALPHA version 1.4 by Maglxisback from forum.thesims.com. Just search it in google and you'll find it. It is awesome UI IMHO.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:24 PM
Thank you for the fix, @piqiwi. I think we've all uploaded the wrong file at least one time.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:13 AM
wow! this is really inventive!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:14 AM
Interesting. I would try it but the syntax errors are just to irritating.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 4:55 AM
Just curious, but would it be possible to configure this mod so that it only triggers a midlife crisis or mood swing when fears are fulfilled? I tend to keep my sims in perpetual states of platinum for the most part so there's lots of want fulfilling going on but I think it would be a bit strange for my perpetually happy sims to suddenly start trying to do something completely different in life, while when they've just been upset by something not going right and want to change directions in life temporarily because of that. If that's not an easy change though, ignore me. I think I'll try either way: I actually really like the idea of not assigning secondary aspiration except in a mood swing or crisis to get a truly randomized secondary aspiration and playing with switching aspirations sounds fun even with it being triggered by wants.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
Just curious, but would it be possible to configure this mod so that it only triggers a midlife crisis or mood swing when fears are fulfilled? I tend to keep my sims in perpetual states of platinum for the most part so there's lots of want fulfilling going on but I think it would be a bit strange for my perpetually happy sims to suddenly start trying to do something completely different in life, while when they've just been upset by something not going right and want to change directions in life temporarily because of that. If that's not an easy change though, ignore me. I think I'll try either way: I actually really like the idea of not assigning secondary aspiration except in a mood swing or crisis to get a truly randomized secondary aspiration and playing with switching aspirations sounds fun even with it being triggered by wants.

Technically it is possible, but I have not found the way to trigger it when fear is fullfiled. And for secondary aspiration, it is more difficult than assigning primary aspiration, since, afaik, secondary aspiration is not parameter like primary aspiration, but more like token/hidden memory that be kept in sims's inventory (but not visible, just like gossip).
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
Technically it is possible, but I have not found the way to trigger it when fear is fullfiled. And for secondary aspiration, it is more difficult than assigning primary aspiration, since, afaik, secondary aspiration is not parameter like primary aspiration, but more like token/hidden memory that be kept in sims's inventory (but not visible, just like gossip).

Thanks. GOod to know.
Page 1 of 2