Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hampton Court Palace

by Red Sonja Posted 20th Jan 2018 at 5:12 AM - Updated 8th Mar 2018 at 3:48 AM by Red Sonja

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:34 AM
You are simply the best! I really adore your works - furnished or not - your lots are always so wonderfully detailed and made with a lot of passion. Hampton Court - the renaissance part of it you made - is absolutely beautiful. I visit it whenever I'm staying in London, and I prefer the renaissance part, because it is unique. The baroque part is also nice, but we have this style in other palaces too. So thank you very, very much for your elaborate work. Perhaps you might consider to do the Tower of London one day?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:47 PM
So nice. Kinda reminds me of my fishing cabin down in the piney woods... I wish! :P
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM
Wow, oh wow. This is so gorgeous! Thank you. I'm working on getting my computer to run better, and when it is, I am so getting this.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:28 PM
Impressive! I see why Henry wanted it

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:50 PM
Another stunner! That Henry, such a child, always wanted what wasn't his!! (I think you'd make a good Hever Castle too )

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM
Amazing!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:40 AM
Red, I am simply flabbergasted. *mouth gaping like beached fish!* You keep me stunned. Oh I want to play this soooooo bad. My downloads folder will probably breath its last *gasp* But even if its only there to class up the neighborhood, Thank so much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atymer
Red, I am simply flabbergasted. *mouth gaping like beached fish!* You keep me stunned. Oh I want to play this soooooo bad. My downloads folder will probably breath its last *gasp* But even if its only there to class up the neighborhood, Thank so much.

It does look nice in neighborhood view.... but, I can't imagine not getting in there to decorate... and then, to play it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:28 PM
Love the wall color! Glad that a section of the original was protected against time and weather. You are amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:36 AM
Well, someone was busy weren't they!! heehee. The palace is brilliant. I wish I knew you were doing this because I've tracked down some o the tapestries Henry had commissioned for the Great Hall. Enough goldthread to make the room light up in candlelight. It's in one of those WIP folders on my external drive along with a few other hundred or so LOL. Fabulous job Honey.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wawa@Keep
Well, someone was busy weren't they!! heehee. The palace is brilliant. I wish I knew you were doing this because I've tracked down some o the tapestries Henry had commissioned for the Great Hall. Enough goldthread to make the room light up in candlelight. It's in one of those WIP folders on my external drive along with a few other hundred or so LOL. Fabulous job Honey.

I would love to see the tapestries! I'm sure you realize that this is the "stripped down" version on Hampton Court. The original palace that I built tipped the scales at over 200mb. Of course, it was furnished... had an armory and barracks, offices for the steward, etc.... the ladies garden and the king's tournament grounds.....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:37 PM
Wow! Red, I don't know how you do it! I cannot manage to 'see' architecture in such a way as to bring it together Anything Like This! This is just amazing!
Oh - and Lions would be one heck of a deterrent. I'd love to see the look on the face of someone who was going to swim across the moat when he felt the hot breath of the King of the Jungle on his face!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lach61
Wow! Red, I don't know how you do it! I cannot manage to 'see' architecture in such a way as to bring it together Anything Like This! This is just amazing!
Oh - and Lions would be one heck of a deterrent. I'd love to see the look on the face of someone who was going to swim across the moat when he felt the hot breath of the King of the Jungle on his face!

With the royal menageries, it was traditional for visitors to bring food for the critters.... I think it was to avoid being eaten!
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Red Sonja
I would love to see the tapestries! I'm sure you realize that this is the "stripped down" version on Hampton Court. The original palace that I built tipped the scales at over 200mb. Of course, it was furnished... had an armory and barracks, offices for the steward, etc.... the ladies garden and the king's tournament grounds.....

Well, then you should upload the full lot to the Keep. I'm sure many would love to see what you did with it, me included.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:01 AM
Lovely, lovely work, as usual!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:06 AM
Stunningly lovely work, as usual - Well done!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:48 PM
Every time I see your work, I keep thinking, "She can't possibly top this one!"

Then you go ahead and do it anyway. Excellent rendition of Hampton Court! Even Henry would like to live there right now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:11 AM
I would think that Henry would like to be living anywhere right now.... if he is aware of the fact that he is no longer grossly overweight.....

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Every time I see your work, I keep thinking, "She can't possibly top this one!"

Then you go ahead and do it anyway. Excellent rendition of Hampton Court! Even Henry would like to live there right now.