Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 12:55 AM
Default How to avoid death by sharks?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to completely avoid death by sharks. I want to fight sharks to get the tooth, but as I understand there is always a chance of getting killed (I thought that maybe that wouldn't be the case if my athletic skill is 10 but my sim still died). So, is there any way to completely avoid it? Or maybe a mod? I tried googling, but all I found is a mod which removes the possibility of shark attacks, but that is not what I'm looking for (really want to collect the teeth..)

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Si3ma
I was wondering if there is a way to completely avoid death by sharks.

Just.....stay out of the water?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:32 AM
As I already said, I WANT TO COLLECT THE TEETH, which I can collect by fighting the sharks... I just don't want my sim to die. So I asked, is there a way to avoid the death when I fight the sharks.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:12 AM
I'm not entirely sure but for the sake and direction of this thread I'd recommend checking the nraas mods first. I tried looking here, >http://nraas.wikispaces.com/search/view/shark < there may be an answer in there somewhere.
Site Helper
#5 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:56 AM
I don't have that EP, so I don't know if it would work to get a sim with the unlucky trait to go shark-hunting. The grim reaper doesn't take Unlucky sims. It's like having a permanent Death Flower in the inventory.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I still don't know why you can't use kungfu skill to beat up mummies.

Wait...you can't?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#8 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:52 PM
All those bandages and the embalming stuff acts as armor, making your Martial Arts skill useless.
(Which is a better explanation than "Oops! We left that out!)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:57 PM
Thank you guys for helping!

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I don't have that EP, so I don't know if it would work to get a sim with the unlucky trait to go shark-hunting. The grim reaper doesn't take Unlucky sims. It's like having a permanent Death Flower in the inventory.

I didn't know that :o Might be helpful, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:01 AM Last edited by Lonerbum : 10th Jan 2018 at 9:27 AM.
The best way to avoid sharks completely is to become a mermaid, but then the only way to get any teeth is to dive & scavenge which is just not fun.

I have a loner sim, he dredge stuff & he was never killed by any marine creatures at all (even the kraken, no idea why). {Well, he died because of the folding bed fell on him so there's that...}
I remembered giving him stuff like Loner, Brave, Likes Swimming, Athletic, ...and I can't remember the 5th one. Might even be a Collector. But like I said, he never lose to sharks, never got attacked by kraken, he died because his bed fell on him...
That poor son of a gun...

I just remembered something, but pretty sure this has absolutely nothing to do with his luck at all. I gave him a shark hat from the shark costume pack...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Wait...you can't?

You can, I just messed around with Egypt last month I made an Indiana Jones type sim & he beat the shit outta mummies left & right with his Simfu skills!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:49 AM
I think the odds of being killed are pretty low. If you have deathflowers, I would not worry about it?
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:15 AM

nope, but you can shot the mummy with weapon mod, idk if that would killed them as they already dead, but it bought you time to run away

idk if the weapon mod can also be use against shark, but it works against vampire and supernatural being in the game, I got the mod from here on MTS but I forgot where it was located to get the mods.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 4:40 PM
I did not even know you can die by shark! Time for me to visit IP.

That's because mummies have Martial Arts skill maxed out.

Quote: Originally posted by The Sims Wiki
The mummies in Al Simhara all have their martial arts skill on level 10. Your Sim should learn Martial Arts before they go to Al Simhara to lower the risk of getting cursed by the Mummy.

You also have to high athletic skill If you want to win when facing head-to-toe that npc.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:58 AM
"When a shark attacks the Sim, the chance to win the fight is based on how many skill points the Sim has in Athletic, Martial Arts, and Scuba Diving skills. Having 0 of them will guarantee a loss while having 10 of each will guarantee a victory. If the Sim has Loves to Swim trait, there's a +30% chance they will win the fight."

See this site for more shark attack info: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Shark

Happy Hunting
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:34 AM
This thread has made me feel inspired to make a guy who fights sharks for fun and steals their teeth.I think I'll name him Steve, in honor of Australia's greatest seaborne Australian.
Stevie Kyle from Toowoombamurrahbundagongwaggawagga. Or Wollongbundagongwurrah. And yes, all of those are real places in Australia. What a fantastic country.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#18 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:43 AM
This thread has made me feel inspired to make a guy who fights sharks for fun and steals their teeth.I think I'll name him Steve, in honor of Australia's greatest seaborne Australian.
Stevie Kyle from Toowoombamurrahbundagongwaggawagga. Or Wollongbundagongwurrah. And yes, all of those are real places in Australia. What a fantastic country.

Really? Both google and google maps couldn't find them.

edit: I found Toowoomba, and also something called oodnatadatta.
Instructor
#19 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 12:24 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 17th Feb 2018 at 12:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
The best way to avoid sharks completely is to become a mermaid, but then the only way to get any teeth is to dive & scavenge which is just not fun.

My sims love to dive! :lovestruc If you happen to have World Adventures, I'd recommend placing one of the chests or a similar storage unit on a houseboat, or else use the inventory of another sim (who isn't anywhere near the ocean) to store any fish your diving sim collects. The more fish you have in your inventory, the more the sharks will be drawn to you.

I do agree that the sharks tend to break up the boredom, though. I wish that there was more to do in regard to underwater exploration.
My sims avoid chatting with other divers and photography isn't that interesting to me. Unless there's something to collect, they just float about and lose themselves to the hushed atmosphere. Which isn't a bad thing, but... Something is missing. EA could at least have expanded the mermaids a bit and made some sort hidden ancient underwater city that you could find by piecing together clues and map pieces.

Quote: Originally posted by srtaeppley
"When a shark attacks the Sim, the chance to win the fight is based on how many skill points the Sim has in Athletic, Martial Arts, and Scuba Diving skills. Having 0 of them will guarantee a loss while having 10 of each will guarantee a victory. If the Sim has Loves to Swim trait, there's a +30% chance they will win the fight."

EAxis updated martial arts to work against sharks? That's pretty neat--if it actually works properly. Martial arts against mummies was broken at the very release of World Adventures. Pescado's AwesomeMod fixed it so that your athletic and martial arts skills would actually count for something... AwesomeMod might be worth considering if your skills don't seem to be saving you from death.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
Really? Both google and google maps couldn't find them.

Try Toowoomba, Turramurra, Bundaberg, Wollongong, Wagga Wagga, and Warrawong. Australian place names are absolutely fantastic. It's almost like going to Asia and finding out that there are actually places called Long Dong or Hang Wang. Or that time I went to Bangkok and DIDN'T end up at Udum Fuk train station, but I DID end up at Udum Suk which is still pretty funny.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:38 AM
Why do you want shark teeth?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:50 AM
Does anyone else read about this whole Sims fighting things business and just think...

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:22 AM
Just.....stay out of the water?

{ding-dong!}
Candygram...
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:25 PM
No, I was thinking "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting."
Page 1 of 2