Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:16 PM
None really, although I don't really care for clumsy. It grows old fast because it repeats the same slapstick moves over and over. But I still like to use it in combination of other negative traits.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Thanks for reminding me why I should build more detention centres. It only makes sense that if a select portion of the Sim population can live in the greatest luxury known to man, another portion of Simkind should live a hard and unfair life full of despair and exploitation. I'm responsible for the former, so I'm perfectly qualified to take care of the latter as well.

Now what I'm thinking is that I should be tough on crime, but of course, only if Someone Elseā„¢ does it. The big joke is that the lucky few are the real criminals. But it's okay because I like them. I don't like the nobodies who get in their way. And, being an omnipotent asshole being, their deaths are my will and my plan. So obviously, it's the right way. And anyone who disagrees, well...

So, technophobia...not happenin' unless Plum wills it.

You're welcome {for the first sentence}. I do wonder, (though doubt is a thing that) towny/unplayable technophobes can sabotage property. It would be an amusing scene, especially If one gets in my family house and does that minor offense, giving me a reason to pushed them into a deem demise doom for taking such a "minor offense" and re-thinking If it is an actual minor one in this society that accepts it as such. Laws really should be re-done, so that authorities would have the right to jail such civilians
Instructor
#78 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I had no idea there were people who were "vehicle enthusiast".

Apparently you don't live in the rust belt???? I know SO many vehicle enthusiasts. My dad is a mechanic, his dad ran a junk yard, and his dad was a car salesman! My family cares more about the mechanics of the cars, but my ex-boyfriend was obsessed with the look of cars. Dragged me to so many car shows... which, by the way, is the only festival other than July 4th that my hometown has!!!

On the point of the post.. the traits I don't use are Technophobia (it's ok on the premade elders, but anyone younger than elder shouldn't have that trait imo) and Hates Children. I seldom use Never Nude, Can't Stand Art, and Hydrophobia.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#79 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Apparently you don't live in the rust belt???? I know SO many vehicle enthusiasts. My dad is a mechanic, his dad ran a junk yard, and his dad was a car salesman! My family cares more about the mechanics of the cars, but my ex-boyfriend was obsessed with the look of cars. Dragged me to so many car shows... which, by the way, is the only festival other than July 4th that my hometown has!!!

I know plenty of city folks who love themselves a good car. Sure, it might be a US rust belt thing (we don't have any rural areas NEARLY big enough to necessitate car ownership) but it's highly unlikely to not know any car enthusiasts no matter where you live.
Might depend on how you define it, though. I don't think you need to go to car shows or do repair work on them to be a vehicle enthusiast. If you had a poster of an Italian exotic above your bed as a kid, if you drive a car you don't strictly need, and if enjoy talking about it, I'd say you're there.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#80 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:45 PM
Proper.
I used it on NPCs and used it on a household Sim... beyond getting a better mood from decoration (which needed a mod to fix it) and bowing/curtesying as an introdcution, only to then do the bog-standard handshake... this trait doesn't offer much. It is neat to see a Sim mostly in their formal attire, but...
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:19 PM
I tend to randomize traits for (somewhat) balanced combinations and roll with it...buuuut there are traits that seem gratuitous.... Cat/Dog Person, Supernatural Fan/Sceptic are perhaps the worst offenders. Those are not traits, but labels. I want my sims to have a story, and traits that allow me to put them out of their comfort zone!
Other than that, anything goes as long as the combination is interesting and not 'perfect'.

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#82 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
There's also a some very interesting advice from Ray Mazza who worked on Sims 3, but left before Sims 4 released. Designng Character Traits in The Sims 3 He explains some of the thinking behind the move away from the personality characteristics of Sims 2 (Manislowski) to the Trait system of Sims 3.

Something I came across on TS2 child forum.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:00 PM
I don't know all of them by heard, and I probably missed some that I should add, but traits that come to my mind inmediately are never naked and grumpy. The first one adds literally nothing, and the second one is very annoying.
Instructor
#84 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:02 AM
"Never Nude" - it does absolutely nothing of interest besides making you bathe in your swimsuit, which is the stupidest thing ever.

"Clumsy" - Another useless trait, does absolutely nothing besides making Sims occasionally trip over their own feet. Or drop the engagement ring while proposing.

"Hydrophobic" - the constant crying after taking a damn bath gets very annoying very quickly.

"Hates the outdoors" - Getting a mood hit the second they step outside is annoying.

"Can't stand art" - The only way to keep a sim with this trait happy is to basically have an empty house, which is stupid and annoying.

"Eccentric", "Perceptive", "Photographer's eye", "Computer whiz", "Savvy sculptor", "Virtuoso", "Vehicle enthusiast", "Angler" - All traits tailored towards specific careers I never play, or specific skills I never use.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:05 PM
TL;DR: Any negatively themed trait. Turns out Simmers want their worlds to be filled with a bunch of total Mary Sues.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#86 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 3:04 PM
I wouldn't say that... Looking back through the thread the traits that are most objected to don't affect gameplay in a meaningful way. It's not like Born Salespeople can join a pyramid scheme and try to sell Lularoe or Herbalife to their friends, have a charisma bonus, or talk like a 70s gameshow announcer. Never Nudes aren't more prudish than other sims, they don't have a "scandalized by hemlines" moodlet or "shocking bikini" moodlet or anything! The only thing they do is shower in their bathing suit, which is hardly a personality trait and the only way to make it make sense is to pair it with inapropriate or insane so you can at least have someone sponge bathe in a bathing suit or shower in a ball gown.
Scholar
#87 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
TL;DR: Any negatively themed trait. Turns out Simmers want their worlds to be filled with a bunch of total Mary Sues.

I wouldn't call most of the ones listed in the thread 'negatively themed'. They are... neutral traits. The ones that you slap on when you have designed a 'personality' (say... a hotheaded, natural cook who loves the outdoors) and still have a free slot, so you put something in there that won't really do anything.
Page 4 of 4