Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Miner's Cove - Sims 3 Post-apocalyptic World

by lilyjosephine Posted 4th Jan 2018 at 5:02 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:47 AM
Congrats on your first download for MTS!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:58 AM
This sounds pretty cool, but am I likely to experience errors if I try to run it without IP installed? (I haven't tried using worlds with dive lots.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DClick
This sounds pretty cool, but am I likely to experience errors if I try to run it without IP installed? (I haven't tried using worlds with dive lots.)

In my experience trying to run worlds with dive lots without IP installed, I have had errors in the past. I highly recommend having IP installed, but you can try to play it without it and let me know how it goes.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:16 AM
This is such an evocative, eye-pleasing little world, it brings back so many memories about the time when I wandered on the Wastelands of the Fallout game universe. A wasteland is such an exciting contradiction of harshness and tranquility combined, I love it. Thank you for creating and sharing it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:53 AM
Looking at the pictures I think that this is not a beautiful, but a very impressing and challanging little world. So it's an absolute must-have for me because my sims have to explore it. Thank you very, very much for Minor's Cove!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
This is such an evocative, eye-pleasing little world, it brings back so many memories about the time when I wandered on the Wastelands of the Fallout game universe. A wasteland is such an exciting contradiction of harshness and tranquility combined, I love it. Thank you for creating and sharing it!

Thanks for your support! I'm glad you enjoy Miner's Cove.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrittaMA
Looking at the pictures I think that this is not a beautiful, but a very impressing and challanging little world. So it's an absolute must-have for me because my sims have to explore it. Thank you very, very much for Minor's Cove!

Thanks for your support! I hope to improve my CAW skills (especially terrain painting, because it was a pain in the butt to paint this world) in the future so I can create better worlds!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 1:30 AM
Interesting... That boarded up house looks a little like Hershel's farm from The Walking Dead!!! I can see this world being overran with ZOMBIES!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:29 PM
The one house in the picture looks like the one from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. I like it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:01 PM
Great work. Is this World inhabited?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
Great work. Is this World inhabited?

This world is not inhabited. Thanks for the question!
just a girl
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:12 PM
So cozy and charming... in a post-apocalyptic kind of way :) I like it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
So cozy and charming... in a post-apocalyptic kind of way I like it!

Thanks! I'm glad you like the world!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:03 AM
There are so few post-apocalyptic worlds and I think this is the only one with a dive lot Love it. Hopefully we can see one with roads in the future...
Forum Resident
#16 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:42 PM
I am finding this works well as a traveling explorer's homebase for an adventurous Sim who also enjoys fishing and gardening. I mean - who wouldn't be thrilled to inherit a tiny deserted home on a long abandoned island? He is helping to bring it back to life. Exploring and treasure hunting in far away lands is an interesting way to finance a restoration project. And, who knows?, his travel blog may well become a sucess that attracts a few more artists, writers and farmers to the island?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
I am finding this works well as a traveling explorer's homebase for an adventurous Sim who also enjoys fishing and gardening. I mean - who wouldn't be thrilled to inherit a tiny deserted home on a long abandoned island? He is helping to bring it back to life. Exploring and treasure hunting in far away lands is an interesting way to finance a restoration project. And, who knows?, his travel blog may well become a sucess that attracts a few more artists, writers and farmers to the island?

Thanks for your feedback! Feel free to post screenshots of your Sim's adventures in Miner's Cove; I would love to see them!
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:46 PM
I played Miner's cove and found sims getting stuck in a few spots. Also, I couldn't access the dive spot, there was no path for my sim to get down to the water. I like the world though. It has a great cast away/survival feel to it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:12 PM
Oooooh, now I want to play an apocalypse, just to try out this world! Of course, with no population, and no careers available, the rules would have to be completely different, wouldn't they? More about story than Apocalypse Challenge.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 7:31 PM
I've been trying to come up with a different type of side game, something in a smaller world that's more challenging than my usual gameplay. Then I came across Miner's Cove. This is it, thank you!