Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fitness Controls

by roBurky Posted 30th Nov 2017 at 8:41 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2021 at 6:18 PM by roBurky : v2.0.3.2 released

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 9:38 PM
You know that i love this ;)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 9:49 PM
In the game, where do you find these settings? What menu/location?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 9:55 PM Last edited by roBurky : 30th Nov 2017 at 11:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gigihuxtable
In the game, where do you find these settings? What menu/location?

To access the settings, click on your active sim, open the 'roBurky' category, and choose 'Fitness Controls'.

It does say it in the description, but maybe it's a bit easy to skip over, being right before a big image. I'll try moving the description around a bit.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 3:02 AM
YOU ARE REALLY SAVE OF ALOT OF WORK, i planing make this for me editinging XMLs but conflict like alot of mods i will spend hours copy and paste to avoid conflicts. Now with you mod ( which use scrips ) i need dont worry about the conflicts. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 5:00 AM
Forgive me for asking, I know it said that this doesn't conflict with any other mod, but - are you sure it doesn't clash with MCCC's fat/fitness functions? (I think those are just for spawning sims, but I'm not sure - never did quite understand it) Because I could surely need this after getting City Living. This mod would save me so much time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
Forgive me for asking, I know it said that this doesn't conflict with any other mod, but - are you sure it doesn't clash with MCCC's fat/fitness functions? (I think those are just for spawning sims, but I'm not sure - never did quite understand it) Because I could surely need this after getting City Living. This mod would save me so much time.

From what I understand, everything MCCC does is through overriding or injecting into the game's script functions. Everything this mod does is through scripts that edit tunings without overriding them, to remove or add statistic modifiers to hidden moodlets. They shouldn't get in each other's way and should work together perfectly.

The same is true about Ignoral's updated versions of Candyd's metabolism mods. The Candyd mods override tunings for exercise and foods to alter the relative amounts they change fat levels. When a fitness change is applied to a sim, those altered values will get multiplied again by the statistic modifiers from this mod. The mods work in different ways, and it should be possible to use them alongside each other. Just make sure you only continue to use the Candyd mods after a big patch if they have been updated by a creator, because they override a lot of files.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 9:46 AM
This is interesting. So if I were to set the custom fitness multiplier (first option) to 0, this would effectively stop weight and muscle changes altogether, so no Sim in the game will see any changes to their body physique whatever they do or eat, is that correct?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkhorus
This is interesting. So if I were to set the custom fitness multiplier (first option) to 0, this would effectively stop weight and muscle changes altogether, so no Sim in the game will see any changes to their body physique whatever they do or eat, is that correct?

That's right.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
That's right.

That's great! I'm glad this Mod allows for a 0x global modifier to be set! Finally my Sims can stay the same to how I designed them in CAS.

Thanks!

Does this Mod have any noticeable impact on game performance, loading times, etc? Also, is this Mod global (set and forget) or does this have to be configured separately for every save?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:37 PM
Does this Mod have any noticeable impact on game performance, loading times, etc? Also, is this Mod global (set and forget) or does this have to be configured separately for every save?

There should be no impact on performance.
The settings are global set-and-forget style. The settings are saved in a single .cfg settings file stored in your mods folder, and applied whenever you load a game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 3:48 PM
Very cool! This is probably the best implementation of fat/muscle changes I've seen and definitely would have been the route I would've taken, had I a better understanding of python.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 7:39 PM
There should be no impact on performance.
The settings are global set-and-forget style. The settings are saved in a single .cfg settings file stored in your mods folder, and applied whenever you load a game.

Okay, thanks!

I know anything multiplied by 0 is still 0, but just to be sure that's also how your Mod works - if the global multiplier is set to 0x, then the underweight teen and high metabolism settings won't make any difference regardless of whether they're enabled or disabled, right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 8:00 PM
Okay, thanks!

I know anything multiplied by 0 is still 0, but just to be sure that's also how your Mod works - if the global multiplier is set to 0x, then the underweight teen and high metabolism settings won't make any difference regardless of whether they're enabled or disabled, right?

Yes, based on my understanding of how the modifiers I'm using work, that's right.
I'm thinking now that I could change the settings menu to hide or grey-out the other options if you set Fitness Changes Multiplier to 0, to give some in-game feedback for that.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 8:40 PM
Yes, based on my understanding of how the modifiers I'm using work, that's right.
I'm thinking now that I could change the settings menu to hide or grey-out the other options if you set Fitness Changes Multiplier to 0, to give some in-game feedback for that.

Thanks.

That's a great idea.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:27 PM
Is it possible to have a setting that will expand the range of procedural weight development? I'm using a 1.5x slider mod for bodies and it would be cool if a sim could actually develop larger muscles in-game, instead of using a mod to freeze their weights.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Is it possible to have a setting that will expand the range of procedural weight development? I'm using a 1.5x slider mod for bodies and it would be cool if a sim could actually develop larger muscles in-game, instead of using a mod to freeze their weights.

That would fit with the theme of the mod! But I don't know how to do it. I'm guessing this other slider mod you mention is going to be a CAS UI mod, which unfortunately means looking at it won't help me learn how to change this with scripts. If it is even possible with scripts. If anyone can point me to a way to do this, though, I'll look at putting it in.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 8:54 PM
Here's what I'm using, (I thought it was 1.5x but I guess it's 2): https://sirdaubeny.tumblr.com/post/...-limit-in-order
And the no change mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534028

I asked deaderpool about this but he said it wasn't possible because it's hard-coded. I just wonder how these two mods work if that's the case?
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:33 AM
Looks like a great mod, but I can't get it to work. I pasted the .zip file directly into my mods folder, and extracted the .package folder. I click on my active sim, and I don't see the option.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XBBCX7891
Looks like a great mod, but I can't get it to work. I pasted the .zip file directly into my mods folder, and extracted the .package folder. I click on my active sim, and I don't see the option.

Ok, we'll check a few common problems it might be.

- You need to put both the .package and .ts4script file into your mods folder. They can be loose in the mods folder itself, or one folder deep. They both have to be out of the zip file.
- You need to enable custom content and scripts in-game. This is in on the 'Other' page of the game options. The game needs to be restarted after changing this.
- When the game is launched, unless you've told it to stop showing, there should be a popup showing all the mods and custom content the game has loaded. You should see the Fitness Controls package under one heading, and the Fitness Controls script under another heading.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 10:47 PM
Thank you! I was under the impression that all script files were supposed to remain unzipped, except the .package file. It's appearing now!
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 1:57 AM
If we leave the "No High Metabolism" disabled by default, will sims with those traits ignore the fitness controls multipliers and just work with EA defaults? Or will the .5X muscle and fat decay be applied to whatever the multiplier we set in fitness controls?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aceposse
If we leave the "No High Metabolism" disabled by default, will sims with those traits ignore the fitness controls multipliers and just work with EA defaults? Or will the .5X muscle and fat decay be applied to whatever the multiplier we set in fitness controls?

The second one. The EA default High Metabolism 0.5x decay modifier should multiply with the Fitness Controls fitness changes multiplier.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 6:46 PM
Ok that sounds good. I guess I will leave it on as I don't want to completely kill the High Metabolism trait. Another question, is it possible to have the controls for this mod be on something else (mailbox, etc) other than the sim? I already have so much crap from mods when clicking on Sim that I have to go through like 3 pages to get him to do something. Since this mod applies global settings instead of to individual sims, I figured that would also make more sense.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aceposse
Another question, is it possible to have the controls for this mod be on something else (mailbox, etc) other than the sim? I already have so much crap from mods when clicking on Sim that I have to go through like 3 pages to get him to do something. Since this mod applies global settings instead of to individual sims, I figured that would also make more sense.

I put the menu on the active sim, because that's the one object that is always guaranteed to be present. It just made sense to me as the first place to look for a mod settings interaction.
I've tried to reduce pie menu clutter by putting all menu interactions for my mods into an author pie menu category. I have thought also about suggesting to other creators we use a shared 'Mod' pie menu category to reduce clutter further.

I'm open to hearing more about people's thoughts and preferences for this.
Page 1 of 5