Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Write Scholarships for Money (UPDATED: 11 July 2019)

by gamefreak130 Posted 26th Nov 2017 at 12:53 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2019 at 2:45 AM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See Changelog

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:41 PM
Love having more game play options! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:54 PM
Thank you! This looks great, I can't wait to try it
I use a custom homeworld uni, will this mod work with that
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:02 PM
This is very nice, great actually! I really appreciate that there is a 'chance' to receive the scholarship, that the dollar amounts are reasonable, and that there's a cool down period. More options, more gameplay - Thank You!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Thank you! This looks great, I can't wait to try it
I use a custom homeworld uni, will this mod work with that

I assume you mean a homeworld university using NRaas Careers? Yes, any sims enrolled in a homeworld uni will still be able to write scholarships along with all teen sims in the town
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 8:46 PM
A very original idea! This gives my Sims more chances to earn scholarships before going to Uni. Thanks for coming up with this idea! :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:25 AM
Very neat concept, and the mod description is concise, clear, well formatted, and complete! It'd be even more realistic if there's an option to restrict the funds to being applied to tuition alone. At any rate, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 5:57 AM
OMg Thank you sooo much! I love making my game more realistic and this is it! <3 <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 3:37 AM
Very clever ;) Love the pictures LOL Thanks for sharing !!!
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:44 AM
I love the idea of this mod and really want to keep it, but it seems to have stopped sims being able to write novels. I have two writers in my town and this mod has rendered them unable to write their books. They can 'Practice Writing' and 'Refine Writing' but when I direct them to start a new novel or to continue writing a book they've already started before I installed the mod, the interaction drops out of the queue and the sim gets up of the chair and starts doing something else. Also my author didn't get her royalties on Sunday for the 3 books she's already written. I took out the mod and cleared the scriptcache and restarted the game and now my sims can write books again.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:09 PM Last edited by gamefreak130 : 30th Nov 2017 at 12:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I love the idea of this mod and really want to keep it, but it seems to have stopped sims being able to write novels. I have two writers in my town and this mod has rendered them unable to write their books. They can 'Practice Writing' and 'Refine Writing' but when I direct them to start a new novel or to continue writing a book they've already started before I installed the mod, the interaction drops out of the queue and the sim gets up of the chair and starts doing something else. Also my author didn't get her royalties on Sunday for the 3 books she's already written. I took out the mod and cleared the scriptcache and restarted the game and now my sims can write books again.

*Facepalm*

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I had seen this bug in testing, but I wasn't aware it was caused by my mod.

Luckily, it looks like a very easy fix. I'll push an update out ASAP.

EDIT: Mod's been updated. Novel writing and new royalties should work fine now. I'm not sure if your existing royalties will be preserved, though, and I apologize if they aren't!
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
*Facepalm*

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I had seen this bug in testing, but I wasn't aware it was caused by my mod.

Luckily, it looks like a very easy fix. I'll push an update out ASAP.

Yay! Thank you, I look forward to it
Space Pony
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 12:06 AM
NEW UPDATE: NOVEMBER 29, 2017

Changelog:
  • Fixed a major bug concerning novel writing and royalties.

Please clear caches and redownload!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 3:45 AM
Thank you for updating the mod, my sim-writers can write their books now without any problems! )
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:24 AM
Thank you. I didn't notice my author missing the option to write a novel either! This mod works very nicely with mine. Thanks again for this great mod!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:30 PM
Fascinating idea. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:58 PM
Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 7:23 PM
This is a great idea! I haven't tried it yet, but it's new enough that I doubt there'll be a problem. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 4:11 AM
This is amazing. Thank you for your contribution! <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 10:43 AM
This mod looks great. I miss the scholarships from Sims 2 but this seems like a lovely alternative, thank you!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 2:47 AM
NEW UPDATE: JULY 11, 2019

Changelog:
  • Scholarship progress and cooldowns will now persist and be properly updated when going on vacation, enrolling in University, or traveling to the future
  • Refactored code a bit while I was at it

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 12:48 PM
Thanks for the update all works well in game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 5:04 AM
Thank you! This is a great idea!