Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 9:09 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 16th Oct 2017 at 9:15 PM. Reason: Edit was needed!!
Yes, Pescado can be contacted on MATY. To post effectively on MATY, I suggest the following:

Don't use punctuation! Don't use capitals at the start of sentences. Don't use full stops, commas, semi-colons or any of that nonsense. Don't use paragraphs -- just rant. Especially don't use question marks: you're not asking, you're telling! Let them know that you haven't got time or the patience to wait. Be as rude as you can be. A few sweary words thrown in will help. They're not used to flaming on MATY; they'll be so shocked that they'll immediately give you everything you ask for -- with knobs on!

[EDIT] [WARNING] Don't believe a word of what I've said in this post!!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Don't use punctuation! Don't use capitals at the start of sentences. Don't use full stops, commas, semi-colons or any of that nonsense. Don't use paragraphs -- just rant. Especially don't use question marks: you're not asking, you're telling! Let them know that you haven't got time or the patience to wait. Be as rude as you can be. A few sweary words thrown in will help. They're not used to flaming on MATY; they'll be so shocked that they'll immediately give you everything you ask for -- with knobs on!

I'm guessing that's how the people uses discussion board on the MATY forum? Otherwise, I'm analyzing this inside joke in a wrong way.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:48 PM
No, it's the opposite. They are very intolerant of people misusing or omitting punctuation, of not having read the entire sims-related internet before coming to their site, of anyone expecting help in any way.

Actually MATY used to be quite a fun place to hang out if you kept your mouth shut unless absolutely necessary! But they do have a habit of absolutely roasting newbies to death. Hence the OMGWTFBBQ!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#29 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 3:57 AM
I never spent time at MATY in its heyday and I certainly have no plans to register now. But I have peeked in to read a bit and download a much of mods. From what I've seen, I would not be surprised if Pescado takes down the Booty and his other Awesome sites just to watch the rest of panic. For some strange reason, I imaging a Fat Obsteperous Jerk sitting at a computer screen howling with laughter every time someone posts, "I can't get into . . . ."

I'm not saying anything bad about the people who do this. I'm one of them! For the longest time, I thought the Awesome site was down because the main page had something about logging in and being a paid member -- and gullible me, I believed it! Thankfully, I was not duped into giving them $39.99 a month! LOL http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:11 AM
Only contact people on MATY if you want to be chewed out x 10 or are so super awesome in that you have created ground breaking new hacks that will amaze and awe, if that's not you and you still proceed, well...RIP.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#31 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Thankfully, I was not duped into giving them $39.99 a month! LOL http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com

Haha, don't worry. It sends you to an invalid Paypal page. Not that I fell for it, but I was nosy enough to see how far it would let me go. XD
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:48 AM
I visited MATY to find out more about the mods - as a newbie to mods, I was extremely careful about adding anything to my game.

I think Pescado has a great sense of humour, all in all, and read far more than I intended to (research purposes, of course). Some great bantering on that page.

Since he has already left Sims 2 behind then, I did not bother to register (but I could answer the Monty Python questions - which immediately made me appreciate him even more).

Having found what I needed, I probably don't need to go back (I have backups, plenty of them). But I did enjoy my visits.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:22 AM
There are some fascinating threads on MATY about the deep mechanics of the game though. Really useful stuff, much better than Prima guides.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:34 AM
Mad Poster
#35 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
In fact, why not make it just "Don't bug Pescado. He hates your guts."

"If you bug Pescado, he will hate you more than he already does."
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#36 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Haha, don't worry. It sends you to an invalid Paypal page. Not that I fell for it, but I was nosy enough to see how far it would let me go. XD

Actually, if you click on "Free Area" it'll take you to the TS2/TS3 directories (not the Booty, the mods) and if you click on "VIP Area" it'll take you to a log-in page that you don't really have to log in to. (Clicking on log will take you to MATY.) I know this because I was curious years ago.

Also, I've PMed Pes in the past. I was sure he'd reply in full "Pes-mode" but he didn't, he was actually NICE, lol.
Scholar
#37 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 12:32 AM
I will never comment on MATY

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#38 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 1:28 AM
^I'm honestly not sure if I've ever posted on MATY, can't remember my password and can't be bothered to do anything about it. Anything I want to know from there I can see without being logged in. So..

PMBD though? Posted there a lot. There were people who'd rip into you there but it was nothing like MATY. And I kind of liked my little slice of "notoriety" there - Pes had told someone "Silence!! Or I will throw you in a vat of boiling sharks!" or something like that. I had to point out that a vat of boiling sharks wouldn't be a problem because they'd be dead because.. boiling! I think that may be why he responded to my PMs nicely, lol. Someone even made the whole thing their signature.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:11 AM
A vat of boiling sharks would, however, still be boiling, so you probably don't want to be thrown in there anyway.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#40 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
A vat of boiling sharks would, however, still be boiling, so you probably don't want to be thrown in there anyway.

This is true. But if one were to be thrown in a vat of sharks - no way to avoid it, you are going in that vat - boiling or not, I'm sure one would prefer that they be ... how to put it nicely? ... decommissioned.
Inventor
#42 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:13 AM
Paysites Must Be Destroyed.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 1:07 PM
Pescado is the guy who yells at the kids "Get off my lawn, damn kids!" all year, and at Christmas will show up with tons of presents-then leave, never saying a word.

He's a contradiction to himself.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Pescado is the guy who yells at the kids "Get off my lawn, damn kids!" all year, and at Christmas will show up with tons of presents-then leave, never saying a word.

He's a contradiction to himself.

i'm not a child anymore so thanks for reminding me
believe it or not but i'm 20 so i'm a adult now but why does he hates kids. i mean he was a child once too you know ??
you don't have to believe it about my age but i don't choose to be 20 (i hate getting old ) so either way shut your mouth and don't say anything about my age or accept the thing it's just my age !
Mad Poster
#45 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 3:59 PM
I wonder now if I should ask Pescado to teach me exactly how to yell : "Get off my Lawn!"?
Inventor
#46 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Sketching : 19th Oct 2017 at 4:26 PM.
"It only comes with awesomeness, you 12s! Now get off my lawn - you're not worthy to even look at it!"

I can't think of which picture suits my image of him the most so...

Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:57 PM
That's a bigass fish to slap us with lmao

In all seriousness, I wish the Maxis House of Phail challenge took off in more places ;w;

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Inventor
#48 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:03 PM
@Steffyn Only the best for Pescado.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
i'm not a child anymore so thanks for reminding me
believe it or not but i'm 20 so i'm a adult now but why does he hates kids. i mean he was a child once too you know ??
you don't have to believe it about my age but i don't choose to be 20 (i hate getting old ) so either way shut your mouth and don't say anything about my age or accept the thing it's just my age !

Nobody was commenting on your supposed age. They were quoting Pescado. If you don't know about Pescado and the way he talks to people, I don't think you should be trying to contact him. I'm sure in real life Pes isn't so nasty, and I even read recently that he has a child, so he probably doesn't actually hate kids (at least not all of them.)

You are being unnecessarily rude to people who aren't even talking about you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
Nobody was commenting on your supposed age. They were quoting Pescado. If you don't know about Pescado and the way he talks to people, I don't think you should be trying to contact him. I'm sure in real life Pes isn't so nasty, and I even read recently that he has a child, so he probably doesn't actually hate kids (at least not all of them.)

You are being unnecessarily rude to people who aren't even talking about you.

sorry for being be a bitch but most people think i'm younger then that just because i reply to anyone :/
and yes that's true i don't know him too well but since i found out he made that PSMBD website and since the link wasn't working anymore i just wanted to contact him
i have a email account on my own so i thought by typing something to him about that link he would help me out (it's now been 8 days though) when the link is working again!
i have this link http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/svs...troyed.org.html and they said it isn't working for more then a week now (i found this last link by the other discussion about exact the same link and problem ) but i didn't knew he had a child, i just saw the comments he hates children so sorry for overreacting that's just the way i am (i get angry on one simple of things )
sure i don't get angry when someone gives me some advice or anything just when i feel like attacked (ignore my poor english )

BTW i never said someone was talking about me what makes you think that???
Page 2 of 6