Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Exercise Bike Fix (updated 19 Mar '20)

by Nopke Posted 5th Sep 2017 at 10:56 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2023 at 7:43 PM by Nopke

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:37 AM
I lost 2 Sims in an Asylum Challenge because of the Bike of Death! thank you for this
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:29 PM
Thank you! I was always nervous about using this bike because of that reason.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:34 PM
Very much appreciated, thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:45 PM
This type of mod has been made so many times ... not sure what makes yours different, but I'm willing to give it a try to see if it works as intended in my game.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:14 PM
@LilSister I've seen only one other mod that really fixes this bug, but it also affects needs decreasing (curious bladder filling) and checks autonomy conditions (by the way, not very sensible) during the interaction.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:35 AM
thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 6:22 AM
Love what you bring to sim community.
This is one of those fixes that I had not realized I needed until I saw it (and read posts about sims dying!)
Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:00 PM
This will only affect the Exerto Super Exercise Bike and no other exercise bike right? I don't think I ever saw that one. lol maybe it is time for me to try new equipments..Thank you much.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 8:41 AM
@Rosebine There are no other maxis exercise bikes. I've written Exerto Super Exercise Bike to be precise, because there may be custom exercise bikes. The mod doesn't affect them.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:03 PM
Oh! wow...I really must start paying attention more lol. I have no CC ones.
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:35 AM
Great idea. However, I won't download it as I use the bike precisely as a means of killing Sims off - makes a change from drowning, fire, etc. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:55 PM
Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:55 PM
Thank you for this fix, I just discovered this bug today, a sim was using the cyclette for a while and... dropped dead, I was surprised and it is a bug!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 7:14 AM
it's crazy how maxis never coded this object correctly, thanks for the mod
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 8:00 AM
A must-have. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 6:40 AM
I didn't care about that before... I have not used such modifications. but my Sims died because of an obsession with sports. She is survived by her husband and three teenage children. her children and her husband dreamed of resurrecting her. she returned to cycling. and she died again. I will use your mod.thank you for your hard work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 7:03 PM
i too ignore my needs to ride an indoor bike. Relatable, wish there was a patch for my brain!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 10:12 AM
Thanks!