Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:48 AM
Two of my Sims somehow jumped in topic from First WooHoo to handcuffs.

This could mean a couple of unsavory things, but I prefer to think they like it a bit kinky.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 4:21 AM
Earlier in this thread I posted a picture of my Sims having the exact same conversation. They have fireworks under those blankets, so why not handcuffs?
Mad Poster
#53 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 4:41 AM
As long as it wasn't first public woohoo and handcuffs I think you'll be safe. XD
Mad Poster
#54 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Booney
And am I the only one who tries to understand jokes sims are telling each other?
I mostly pay attention to dirty jokes, because I find "sumo > podium > handcuffs" funniest in that context.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:34 PM
Coco and Cola Panowski (Emerald Heights), having a chat over hotdogs. They're twins, they don't particularly get on, Cola is very pregnant.
Coco "Ice Cream!"
Cola "X Ice Cream! Sumo Wrestler!"
Coca "X Sumo Wrestler! Oil!"

Practically writes itself:
Coco "We should go out for ice cream."
Cola "No way! I'm already as fat as a sumo wrestler, and I have a whole nother day to go!"
Coco "You are so not as fat as a sumo wrestler! I read on the internet that cocoa butter will help with the stretch marks, though."

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#56 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:45 PM
Two of my sims had a conversation today - and, really, simmers, it may have been the best one ever.
"Books."
"Books."
"Books."
"Books."
"Books."
"Eggs."
"Books."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#57 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:57 PM
This is the sort of conversation that Sim Sample usually has-

Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 11:39 PM
I should take more notice of my Sims' conversations.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 11:43 PM
You should! I used to not really like my Sims just talking to each other until I began paying attention to the conversations. It became more fun then.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#60 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 12:29 AM
Funny thread! And some "conversations" - or at least the way they can be written up, are hahahahahahahah

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#61 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 2:25 AM
Old pic from an old hood and an even older graphics card, but yes, that is a child talking to his toddler brother about woohoo while playing with the bunny toy.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#62 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Old pic from an old hood and an even older graphics card, but yes, that is a child talking to his toddler brother about woohoo while playing with the bunny toy.

Mum and Dad were at it like rabbits last night!
Mad Poster
#63 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 4:29 AM
I think we ought to create a catalog of all the symbols used in conversations and create a dictionary of 'what this could mean'-besides the obvious ones..that old woohoo heart is never going to be mistaken for anything except what it means.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:07 PM
Doyle Agnarsson received a call in the middle of the afternoon from his nephew Finnian, whose little brother Gabriel had grown up that day.
Doyle's side of the conversation went:
Grow up--Marriage of relative--Education--Speech bubble--Education--Jewelry--Chalkboard--School bus--Cloud--Sun--Cloud--Hang up
I interpreted that as:
"Gabriel grew up? Oh how nice! Before you know it, he'll be married!...Yes, I know, college first. I can't believe he's almost old enough for that, I remember when he was first learning to talk....oh, speaking of school, I haven't yet told you! Ingrid--the one who likes jewelry, I know you get the twins mixed up--she wants to be a teacher!...Yeah, looks like your generation's kids won't be riding the bus to the next town over for school...Oh, and have you seen the lovely weather lately? It was cloudy all last week, but now the sun's come out! Yeah, but I hear it'll be cloudy again soon. Well, winter's on its way I guess. Gotta go now, the kids will be home from school any minute."

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#65 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:12 PM
I was thinking the other day that perhaps in some future time, someone could make a default replacement text mod to replace all the symbols used in conversations with 1 or 2 words depicting the subject. Example: "School bus"-school, bus.

Of course it would probably be in Simlish or English, depending on the variation needed. And the letters would have to be smallish. But I think it's possible.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#66 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:38 PM
But why would you want that? If we understood simlish, or if the speech bubbles were text, the conversations would be limited. Since we have icons and streams of nonsense syllables, the conversations are limitless!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#67 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 11:06 AM
Townie: Work
Sim: Tennis racket
Townie: Office table
Sim: Public woohoo
Townie: Rocket
Sim: Promotion
Townie: You are simply the coolest sim I've met in ages. I'm going to spread the word to everyone I know. Tiave, your reputation is on its way up!
Me: Well, I guess that's one way to shoot up the career ladder. I don't want to know how you used that racket though...
Mad Poster
#68 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:39 PM
It wasn't a literal tennis racket, but referred to the back-and-forth of a healthy relationship!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:19 AM
Carlos Contender was at the Center Drip Coffee Shop and bought a coffee for another playable of mine. Somehow the conversation went from Enemies > First WooHoo > Jail Cell...which is when the other Sim reacted negatively. Carlos, what the hell did you do?

Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 4:12 PM
I had an interesting one just now. Holly and Ingrid, wives, were sitting at the dinner table. Keep in mind, Ingrid's the little town's schoolteacher.
Holly: Woohoo
Ingrid: Woohoo, School Bus
Holly: No School Bus, Wedding Rings
Ingrid: Wedding Rings, Film

I interpreted this as:
Holly: You know, being with you is the first time I really learned about woohoo
Ingrid: I know! You think they should teach Woohoo Ed in school?
Holly: No, no. Kids need to know to wait til marriage. We were safe, sure, but look how your sister turned out. (Ingrid's twin, Julia, had a baby while still in college.)
Ingrid: If you tell them to do that, they'll get all their ideas about woohoo from movies!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Forum Resident
#71 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 5:10 PM
I recently had a conversation take place between a child sim (in Kindergarten) and his mum's old friend:

Mahari: [baby dummy]
Teressa: [Baby dummy]
Mahari: [sunshine]

I interpreted this as Mahari telling mummy's friend all about his brand new baby brother whom he liked very much.

Cutest thing ever I swear.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 8:44 PM

The moment you realize, you did a mistake by asking the matchmaker to find you a wife which loves red hair ....
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:26 PM
So I decided to try out that 'visit others' mod, and I sent my sims to visit Smith Famliy.
This happened:

That was really scary lol.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:54 PM
Maybe arranged marriages are a thing in alien culture.

Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:00 PM
Well Jenny recommended it so idk. Either way, Johnny did not agree so it did not lead anywhere. I found a better partner for my sim afterwards.
Page 3 of 4