Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Upgrades/Repairs Override (Updated)

by uec397 Posted 13th Aug 2017 at 7:46 PM - Updated 25th Aug 2017 at 11:21 PM by uec397 : Did not have a default thumbnail

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 4:00 AM
Thanks!! I'm going to be testing out this useful mod ;-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 5:37 AM
You are welcome. Hope you like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 2:15 AM
This looks like a great mod! But I have a question. If I don't have all the SPs listed, will the mod still work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NobodyXIV14
This looks like a great mod! But I have a question. If I don't have all the SPs listed, will the mod still work?

It should work just fine. The resource it changes is from the main sims 3 folder and as far as I am aware, is the same no matter what else you have installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 1:11 PM
Thanks for this! I hate Sims 4 and won't play it so Sims 3 is still my game. So glad the modding community have not abandoned it. Appreciate all the great mods and modders!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nitefire
Thanks for this! I hate Sims 4 and won't play it so Sims 3 is still my game. So glad the modding community have not abandoned it. Appreciate all the great mods and modders!

Hope you enjoy it. Overrides aren't really that difficult. I have had this game for a long time. I never liked any of the worlds in the game or that were created so I never really played the game. I finally finished my own legacy world and then realized how annoying the game was without up to date mods. So I learned and went to work. It's actually pretty easy to bring mods up to date. I have some others I will probably upload, some I don't know if I can as I used pieces from the original modders who made their own parts, but I managed to make little improvements. Will have to see.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
I'd play TS4 if it wasn't so darn expensive, if it was not strictly obtainable through terrible Origins (i.e. Steam, etc.), and if it wasn't so cartoony. For me, personally, TS3 looks more realistic. And I like it a lot. I enjoy it as much as I enjoy the first and second installment in the series. But I digress!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!! I, too, have noticed a lot of great DR or Override Mods on here that are outdated and/or broken. :/ So, I was overjoyed when I saw you made this creation. You are a lifesaver! Will you be making more updated overrides? :3 I will definitely add you as one of my favorite creators to ensure I download your updated and fixed overrides!

Side note: try playing the Hylewood world. It's gorgeous and small (so, it'll be easy on your PC/Mac), and it's an empty world. A forever-autumn woodland realm. :3 I enjoy it, personally. It's fun building my own custom rabbit holes and houses in Hylewood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Edorenel
I'd play TS4 if it wasn't so darn expensive, if it was not strictly obtainable through terrible Origins (i.e. Steam, etc.), and if it wasn't so cartoony. For me, personally, TS3 looks more realistic. And I like it a lot. I enjoy it as much as I enjoy the first and second installment in the series. But I digress!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!! I, too, have noticed a lot of great DR or Override Mods on here that are outdated and/or broken. :/ So, I was overjoyed when I saw you made this creation. You are a lifesaver! Will you be making more updated overrides? :3 I will definitely add you as one of my favorite creators to ensure I download your updated and fixed overrides!

Side note: try playing the Hylewood world. It's gorgeous and small (so, it'll be easy on your PC/Mac), and it's an empty world. A forever-autumn woodland realm. :3 I enjoy it, personally. It's fun building my own custom rabbit holes and houses in Hylewood.

I have well over a hundred overrides in my mods folder. Many that I have gone through and updated or changed to my liking that I use in my game. I actually went through all of them yesterday and cleared out all corruption issues and conflicts so every mod I use now, either from someone else, or that I have created or updated myself work great together. There were actually about eight or so that I used from here that still worked on their own, but conflict with this override. I just changed my mod to include all the changes that those other overrides contained and deleted them. I am considering making a list of one's that I have gone through and uploading all of them. As well as uploading my updated version of my mod with a list of mods that it replaces. As I stated, it's quite a few.

As far as the worlds, I just recently created my own world. I used Roaring Heights as my base. I am horrible at terrain painting and don't have the programs you need to make it easier, although I had to do a little. It doesn't look great, but it's passable. It's a huge world I designed as a legacy. You can do pretty much everything. It has been running pretty stable with only the occasional routing issue which I use mastercontroller to reset the stuck sims. A couple from many hours of play and no other issues which I feel isn't to bad considering I built it in like two weeks. My computer is actually pretty decent.

And I hope this works for you. I have been using it for about a week and a half and have not had any issues even with the conflicts, and nobody has made any complaints so I guess I did alright considering that less than two weeks ago, I had no idea how to make overrides.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:11 PM
Very useful mod, cheers for sharing this. I noticed you mentioned that you're updating older mods. I was wondering if you'll be taking a look at Rightguy's No Social Worker, or if you'd consider it? That's one that seriously needs an update.

Thanks again and I appreciate the work you modders do here. Without you folks this game would be ... not unplayable exactly, but bloody frustrating.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FerDeLance
Very useful mod, cheers for sharing this. I noticed you mentioned that you're updating older mods. I was wondering if you'll be taking a look at Rightguy's No Social Worker, or if you'd consider it? That's one that seriously needs an update.

Thanks again and I appreciate the work you modders do here. Without you folks this game would be ... not unplayable exactly, but bloody frustrating.

Thank you. Hope you enjoy it. I haven't considered that mod at this time. I guess I never really understood the need for it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 6:41 PM
I think this mod may clash with Faster Nectar Making and/or More Bottles by gesimz ....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by putowtin
I think this mod may clash with Faster Nectar Making and/or More Bottles by gesimz ....

Yeah, I now. After creating this mod and my quicker upgrade/repair mod I did some thinking and I then created a mod that takes into account all the mods that are possible that affect the same resources. I included 24hour hacking, quicker cooking and eating, upgrades/repairs, auto flush toilets and a few other things. I tried uploading it here twice but the moderators refuse to allow it. Making bogus claims that I only offered one version when I uploaded 24 files. They claimed that I didn't list what resources were changed when I had created 8 tables that spelled it all out and included the defaults as well as what everything was changed to. They also claimed that I didn't give the original creator credit even though it was my own completely unique mod.

If you tell me what version you would like, I can change one of these that will work with that nectar mod, but it will have the default upgrade times for the nectar machine. Conversely, I can just add my own nectar mod that I made that includes the quicker upgrade/repairs to one of these and place it for download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:45 PM
Thanks for continuing to create for those of us too invested in Sims 3 to upgrade to 4.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 8:00 AM
is it included umbrella fix check 3 day in this mod? it conflict with Merkaba's mod ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492709 )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th May 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vtsong
is it included umbrella fix check 3 day in this mod? it conflict with Merkaba's mod ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492709 )

Have not been on in a while or would have answered you sooner. My mod includes the umbrellas. That is why you most likely getting the conflict.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 8:26 PM
Thank you very much for your contribution
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 10:42 PM
Thank you for downloading. Enjoy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 10:30 AM
I loved this mod, that ridiculous updating times was giving me some troubles at work hahah; thank you very much ♥
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jul 2023 at 5:44 AM
Hi, the post says this mod is compatible with Othiym's mod for All-in-One bathrooms - I was just wondering if anyone knew which version of Othiym's mod was best to use, if I should use their Faster Upgrades version, or use their other versions and this one tweaked the upgrade times for the All-in-One bathrooms?