Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:41 AM Last edited by reminisims : 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:53 AM.
Default alpha clothes part crossing each other + having strange blue color
Hi it's me again

In order to make alpha part of the clothes working in game, I separated it from the main mesh and change its shader from simskin to simglass.
then I have these 2 new issues
1) some alpha part has very strange blue color. my guess is it's probably because I made top of it (now blue) solid, and the rest (purple) alpha. If I don't do that, the accessory (1st red circle in 2nd picture) around top of it wouldn't show.

2) alpha part crossing each other, it became worse after I duplicated and flipped normal for the back side.

I attached the file here http://simfileshare.net/download/267138/

Thank you for your attention.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:09 PM
As I said in the first thread for this, TS4 just doesn't handle transparency very well. You can layer transparent meshes so they appear correctly on top of each other from one side, but without something solid (SimSkin) inside them the display order will be messed up as soon as you view them from the other side unless (maybe) you separate the meshes on each side and do some skillful work with backfaces.

In this case, I'd advise you to separate the skirt and sleeve parts and make them SimSkin. The only alpha parts should be those that absolutely need to have transparency and have something solid behind them, like the sleeve decorations and the belt/sash.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
As I said in the first thread for this, TS4 just doesn't handle transparency very well. You can layer transparent meshes so they appear correctly on top of each other from one side, but without something solid (SimSkin) inside them the display order will be messed up as soon as you view them from the other side unless (maybe) you separate the meshes on each side and do some skillful work with backfaces.

In this case, I'd advise you to separate the skirt and sleeve parts and make them SimSkin. The only alpha parts should be those that absolutely need to have transparency and have something solid behind them, like the sleeve decorations and the belt/sash.

Hi Cmar, I'll work on that, thank you!!!