Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Aww... I love mpreg - mostly due to the birth cutscene.

Alien babies are my exception to that. That's just weird enough already that it breaks realism and who am I to say how aliens reproduce. But no male/male or female/female pregnancy. If you can't go supernatural then you have to do it naturally lol.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:34 AM
I see. But yeah, I like alien baby birth scenes, and I might make it so that an alien woman always impregnates and alien men always get pregnant (even when married to non-alien women). Yup... that should make things interesting for people like Johnny Smith XD
Inventor
#53 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:56 AM
I haven't done very many plantbabies. The few I did were all because the plantsim wanted one. It's a wee bit weird to see them pop from toddler straight to adult XD . I once had an elder plantsim roll a want to spawn a plantbaby right after they turned. Never did test it to see if it was possible.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:23 AM
Apparently it is possible for elders to grow plantbabies. I bet Olive Specter would make some interesting plantbrats if she is able to live long enough to become a plantsim.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:32 AM
Apparently it is possible for elders to grow plantbabies. I bet Olive Specter would make some interesting plantbrats if she is able to live long enough to become a plantsim.

I never thought of Elder plantsims having plantbabies. My Olive Specter is a vampire so that gives her plenty of time to become a plantsim...mwahahaha
Thank you for this glorious idea!

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#56 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 7:49 AM
You're welcome! I guess a vampire/plantsim would be an Indian pipe plant XD Would love to see some pics of her :D
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:10 AM
You're welcome! I guess a vampire/plantsim would be an Indian pipe plant XD Would love to see some pics of her :D

I had to google Indian Pipe Plant and yeah, I guess it would be I will certainly have to take pics of her and her plantsim spawns :D

Edit: I have a fewer plantsims mod by CJ so she will need a large garden but it's still do-able (or I could cheat and just turn her into one lol but i'll try the non-cheaty way first)

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:13 AM
In my game there is no pregnancy for same-sex marriages, but from the aliens, both men and women, adults and teenagers can become pregnant (and the boys-teenagers ignored it, but there were 2 pregnant girls from extraterrestrials).
Plantsims , of course, I'm greeted! In my (already unfortunately, perished from corruption) neighbor was a family plantsims.
My characters do not age. Their constant platinum aspiration (or often performed their whims) allows you to buy an elixir. So in ACR are the settings "TRY FOR BABY" always. They often use it)
Mad Poster
#59 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:21 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:10 AM.
Give him nice potion

The what now?
Mad Poster
#60 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:13 AM
I see. But yeah, I like alien baby birth scenes, and I might make it so that an alien woman always impregnates and alien men always get pregnant (even when married to non-alien women). Yup... that should make things interesting for people like Johnny Smith XD

I have a DR that makes the Pollination Technician a woman (and not so creepy looking).

But they'd either die from lack of sunlight or from the sunlight lol. Unless somehow the two things balance each other out.
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have a DR that makes the Pollination Technician a woman (and not so creepy looking).

But they'd either die from lack of sunlight or from the sunlight lol. Unless somehow the two things balance each other out.

They can't go out in regular sunlight but can fulfill the sunlight need by having a sunlamp over their coffin, or i'd guess sun lamps in general. I haven't tested it out but saw on the wiki and heard from other simmers.

Logic be darned

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#62 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:12 PM
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:29 PM
Does anyone spawn plantbrats? And if so, do you have rules based on seasons and aspiration, etc.?

I don't have any rules for that because I haven't had all that many plantsims. But I currently have one who spawned and I was bemused to find, when the bud grew up, that she had inherited genetic features ( pointy ears ) from the plantsim's husband, who doesn't show as a parent.

Apart from that anyone in any relationship can get pregnant in my game, and if they do when I don't want them to, they take the morning after pill. That doesn't happen very often though.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykatsim
I don't have any rules for that because I haven't had all that many plantsims. But I currently have one who spawned and I was bemused to find, when the bud grew up, that she had inherited genetic features ( pointy ears ) from the plantsim's husband, who doesn't show as a parent.

Apart from that anyone in any relationship can get pregnant in my game, and if they do when I don't want them to, they take the morning after pill. That doesn't happen very often though.

The other parent of a plantbaby spawn is the Ideal Plantsim http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ideal_plantsim and he has pointy ears. Unless you have an Ideal plantsim cc pack or something to change how he looks, I have a multi pack of 4 which I believe is the max.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:07 PM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:37 PM.

I don't know if vampire/plantsim just doesn't look right or if I have some mod or something making it this way. She worked just fine...and the plantsim baby she spawned, I looked at her DNA in SimPE and she has Brown/Brown eyes (Olive has Brown/Gray), completely S4 skintone all around (the 4 places it's said, skintone confuses me in SimPE to be honest), and Black/Black hair (same as Olive). I have a multi ideal plantsim pack and one of the 4 ideal plantsims has brown eyes, black hair and S4 skintone so, since I can't actually see to confirm it because ideal plantsims don't show up in the family tree anywhere, i'm assuming that has to be one she got. Pictures..the tots name is Rosalina Specter. I've already turned Olive back into just a vampire...that weird face was bugging me. And Olive Specter's round is now done lol, and she has a daughter!

Edit: I have a mod where toddlers can drink the plantsim cure potion...I'm going to give it to Rosalina...mwahahaha. Olive Specter will be raising her through child and teenhood.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#66 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:54 PM Last edited by grammapat : 12th Jul 2017 at 4:08 PM.
I like realism, so I let me sims have all the babies THEY want (ACR, and random # of babies). Sims are often stupid enough to have baby after baby they can't take care of, and often die in pregnancy. I DO step in when there are toddlers - I just HAVE to keep them happy!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
The other parent of a plantbaby spawn is the Ideal Plantsim http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ideal_plantsim and he has pointy ears. Unless you have an Ideal plantsim cc pack or something to change how he looks, I have a multi pack of 4 which I believe is the max.

Well that explains it then. :-) Been a while since I had a plant sim baby, and I didn't remember the last one having the pointy ears.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:10 AM
Quote:
Give him nice potion

The what now?

Actually went and looked this up on the wiki. I'd completely forgotten about Magically Spiced Sugar.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:37 AM
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:35 PM
Straight couples have as many kids as ACR wants them to (although I do abort, occasionally, especially when playing BACC type challenges), gay and lesbian couples adopt or get surrogates (I prefer adoption, though, I generally like to have my sims adopt and even foster kids). I'm playing a trailer park challenge now, so I also use Inteen. I haven't had a teen get pregnant yet, I do have a YA who just had a baby, though. I was not very happy and then when she left, she didn't take the toddler with, she left her behind with her dad, who was not part of the household, so she got taken away by the social worker and all of her memories are gone... I do like the miscarriage feature, though, I like the added realism. I just wish the miscarriage also affected the father, not just the mom.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:27 PM
I don't handle it - the game and ACR does I just raised the kids.
Alchemist
#72 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 1:01 AM
miscarriage; do not have any such mods.
abortion; have not needed to do it.
infertility; the shipped version kind of has it. female elders and female sims about to become elders. do not have mods to prevent pregnancy for other sims.

home vs hospital; all my sims gave birth at home.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
I'm a yaoi fangirl. Have been for years. When normal pairings bored me, I made a neighborhood full of guys. So, I have nearly all male relationships and pregnancies with use of the pregforall mod.

I'm a yaoi fangirl as well, but I've never understood the appeal of cis mpreg. Two cis guys can't make a baby irl, at least not without some sort of futuristic technology that has yet to actually be invented. (Obviously, it's a game, and everyone can play and mod it their own way, but the cis mpreg thing just isn't something I'd want, regardless of how much I love m/m parings.) And in my game, f/f parings are (at least so far) actually more common than m/m ones.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 3:22 AM
Well, the appeal of cis mpreg in Sims 2 is the cute manternity wear and the super-cute birth scene. And of course, watching how non-Knowledge male sims react to getting probeded.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 3:27 AM
That's aliens and doesn't count. Totally different thing.
Page 3 of 6