Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:59 PM Last edited by heaven : 25th Jun 2017 at 12:51 PM.
Default Crystal Flowers
I have a REALLY weird bug that I cannot seem to get rid of. I've checked with a couple other world creators; none seem to have the issue. In regular game (the one you actually play), I can use buydebug to grab the autosoil for the crystal plants from ITF. However, when I'm in CAW and use EIG, the crystal flowers all disappear. When I open buydebug, the catalogue item is still located there, but I cannot place it (it is all red) and turning moveobjects on does not override this. Additionally, when I click on the catalogue item, I do not get a pop-up with the name/price/description like I do the rest of the autosoils.

Things I have tried:
  • Removing custom content from The Sims 3 userfiles and from the CAW framework
  • Clearing caches
  • Using SuperCAW
  • Creating a fresh set of userfiles
  • Creating a new world in CAW (just a tiny, flat map with a solitary lot)
  • Reinstalling CAW
  • Reinstalling ITF
  • Combining ALL of these together (new install of CAW with new install of ITF with new world and new set of user files and absolutely no CC anywhere)

The other world builder I talked to can place the crystal flowers just fine in EIG. They checked their version of CAW and it appears to be the same as mine (0.2.0.197). I honestly have no other ideas what could possibly be breaking this one set of autosoils (it's all 5 versions of them: neutral, kindness, love, laughter, and rage) for ONLY me. If anyone has any other ideas that I have not considered, I would love to hear them. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I am going to have to redesign this final tomb room (which was the concept for the entire lot) as the crystal flowers are a big part of it and, without them, it's very underwhelming. Am hanging on to a last shred of hope, just in case.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:17 PM
Can you make a detailed diagram of where the various flowers are supposed to go, then get someone else to place them for you?

Which doesn't solve the problem, but at least you have the flowers....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Can you make a detailed diagram of where the various flowers are supposed to go, then get someone else to place them for you?

Which doesn't solve the problem, but at least you have the flowers....

The problem with this would be anytime I open CAW later, they will disappear. I can export the lot from regular game with everything intact which is how I built it in the first place. It's only when opening EIG that they disappear. So I could give all my CAW files to someone with the same game setup as me (all EPs, plus the CC that I've made/used) and have them go into CAW, place the lot, set the final tomb room marker and the treasure spawners since those doesn't export properly, save, then export the world for me at the very end when I am ready to release it. But I wouldn't be able to open it in CAW again, so if there was ever any troubleshooting that needed to be done, I'd have to fix it, then go through the same process to place the tomb again. Which is a LOT of work for someone else. Easier to probably just redesign the tomb if I can't figure it out (which is saying something since designing tombs isn't exactly easy in the first place, lol).

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Site Helper
#4 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 9:47 PM

Or you could provide the lot as a separate download? Use terrain paint to write something like "Place (crystal mystery tomb) here." so that even if the description of the tomb doesn't help to tell someone where it goes the world itself will, then list the lot among the required CC.

(I don't work with CAW, but I've fiddled around with building tombs. I understand not wanting to redesign one if there is any other good option.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook