Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:33 PM
Oh yeah, at least once great way to bring Sim City into the game.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:37 PM
This is fun! The rocksfall mod adds a new menu item to the Seasons weather control machine ("Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies"). My clone of Mrs. Crumplebottom was completely unconcerned and busied herself with jumping rope while her house erupted into flames (I may have mods that affect how she reacted to the fire). Paladin's Hack Conflict Detector picked up a conflict with Pescado's asprechargetweak. I'll leave rocksfall in unless I start noticing problems recharging the Asp. rewards.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:35 PM
Bahahaha! Did it destroy the house and did she die?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:23 PM
Unfortunately no. I forgot that fire only destroys objects, not Build Mode stuff (walls, floors, windows, doors, etc. appear to all be fireproof). That house was straight from the bin with no furniture added, so it only had bathroom fixtures, a stove, some kitchen counters and a couple of light bulbs. All of that did burn to ash, but the fire would have been much more impressive if the house had been fully furnished. I suspect EVERYTHING would have caught fire then since the mod seems to set all indoor objects on fire sooner or later.

Neither Mrs. C. nor the newspaper kid seemed to notice the fires at first. Mrs. C. eventually stopped jumping rope due to low motives. She went into the kitchen for some reason and THEN freaked out at the two fires that were left. Her hygiene bar turned red, but she survived. I need to make a large test family with a fully furnished house to try this again so I can see a proper inferno. Mwahahaha!

I also tried this on a community lot, but I forgot that with all EPs community lots are fireproof (or have they always been fireproof?). I got an impressive storm of fireballs, but nothing burned.
Alchemist
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:50 PM
about community lots; my understanding is that they always been "fireproof". though might test in AnyGameStarter to make sure.
one exception might be owned community lots.
and from my understanding, Bon Voyage enabled death on un-owned community lots. fire might be included; though I am not entirely sure.

about objects; cribs and high-chairs are also fireproof. at least according to the base game Prima Guide.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 12:12 AM
This was a well-populated community lot and nobody even noticed the falling fireballs, much less died from them. That's understandable though - if nothing can catch fire on a community lot, nobody's going to burn to death from it.

I never got around to testing the BV community lot deaths, but I think that would only affect playables. Townies, etc. would probably just leave the lot like they do when they get hit by lightning while in a hot-tub.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I never got around to testing the BV community lot deaths, but I think that would only affect playables. Townies, etc. would probably just leave the lot like they do when they get hit by lightning while in a hot-tub.

Are townies not supposed to die from that, then? 'Cause my first legacy founder's dormie fiancé died after being struck by lightening in a hot tub...once in the tub and then again when he was climbing out of the tub. She was at class at the time and therefore unavailable to plead with the reaper. He very much did die. I was horrified and actually cheated on the legacy rules to exit without saving...
Mad Poster
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:05 AM
I thought one of the later EPs made it much harder for townies to die anywhere, not just community lots. Maybe I remember wrong and it's a mod? For example, when townies and NPCs in my game get hit by lightning while in a hot tub in my game, no matter how low their needs are they leave the lot instead of dying.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 5:39 AM
This was quite a few years ago. It may have been before whatever EP that was? But he was a dormie, as in he lived in that dorm, so I don't know if he had the option to leave the lot other than to go to class.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:20 PM
Dorms are considered residential lots by the game and since the dormies actually live there, they can also die there. I do have dormies die at their own dorm lots myself sometimes (I have Pescado's nouniprotect). I've never seen a dormie die at a community lot though.
Alchemist
#36 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 8:29 PM
community lot; played base game version of AnyGameStarter after copying stoves & refrigerator that I cloned.
there was only smoke.
Space Pony
#37 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 8:32 AM
I got an error saying this mod needs to be removed

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
#38 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RicoSuavecito
I got an error saying this mod needs to be removed

An error from what? About which mod? Under what circumstances.
You'll get better help if you post in an appropriate thread and give more information. We have a "Help" forum, and a "Stupid Random Questions" thread.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 2 of 2