Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:13 PM
(coughs and fidgits) @nitromon - unless I've gotten things twisted around here, you have just advised the player to obtain a machine with 8 GB of RAM but a 32-bit OS. Uhm...even "theoretically"...why? Or were these two different conversations within the thread and I got lost someplace? Wouldn't be the first time.

By the way, I think that 64 vs. 128 stuff might have been relating to the graphics cards' bus widths, not MB of vram. A 64 bit-bus card is not sufficient to run this game at all, but they can still be found on the lower end of many series of cards sold up until recently. Not the Radeon HD 4650, but lower end than that like the HD 4350.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by colesprouse63
But will a 32 bit OS run the "average" users recommendation properly? Without any lags or crashes?

Lags and crashes are not because of the 32bit or 64bit OS, it' more to how you setup your game like the CCs and mods to fit your computer's spec, they must be free of errors from corrupts, conflicts, and duplicates, I personally converts all of my CCs to mods so it'd be easier to know if there's error between CCs vs Mods, it's easier to detect them if they're in the same format.

And as for your choice to use the 32bit OS will it run well or average or not, it is the same for TS3 in general because basically TS3 is a 32bit program, but there's a difference between 32bit vs 64bit and there's advantage and disadvantage from the OS perspective, depends on what you need and what spec you're planning to build your computer.

If you only planning to have 2 or 3 or 4 Gb of RAM, then it's better to choose the 32bit OS, but if you planning to have at least 6 or 8 Gb or more RAM then choose the 64bit OS, the reason is because the 32bit OS only limited to 3Gb maximum of RAM in general, but some motherboards may run between 3-4GB of RAM with 32bit OS, though it's only 3Gb (or 4Gb) of RAM, you'll have a maxed out 32bit OS running in your computer.

And as for the 64bit OS, though the minimum RAM required is at least 2Gb, if you only have 2 or 3 or 4Gb RAM running 64bit OS, your 64bit OS won't have the advantage of running bigger RAM and would feel weak or slow especially if your storage is using a standard 5400 rpm hard disk, even with 7200 rpm hard disk.. your 4Gb RAM might still feels bottle-necking your computer overall performance, therefore the 4Gb RAM would be better in 32bit OS setup, so if you want to take the advantage of using the 64bit OS, you better have at least 6Gb RAM at minimum, 8Gb is ok but not much if you're planning to use RAMDisk, 12 Gb meh.. so so.., 16 Gb recommended, 32Gb and above.. awesome!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th May 2017 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Do you know any place that actually sells 32-bit OS anymore? I'm more like... "Sure why not?" I'm just humoring him. Theoretically, yeah PAE.. .bank-switching... but I don't know much about those. Same thing with the whole 64MB to 128MB VRAM, which any integrated GPU today would have at least 1.7GB, forget about even dedicated GPU that would be typical 2GB + another 2GB shared.

I don't know what the OP's situation is - how old he is, what country he is from, whether he is playing his own computer or his daddy's computer. But apparently he is from a time capsule, where motherboards still max at 3GB. Actually I have a desktop that has 3GB with an AMD Athlon 1.5GHz single core processor and a ATI GPU with 128MB of vram. But it doesn't have shader 2.0, else I'd love to run TS3 on it.

So yeah, I find his questions very amusing, and he's going to be very pleasantly surprised by how good even a budget level modern computer is going to run vs his old computer.

There's one thing I find really weird. My older sister has bought two years ago a HP laptop, with 32 bit Win 8, her CPU and GPU were surpassing the minimum requirements(she has Intel HD Graphics from 2014), I don't recall how her CPU was called, but system requirements lab said she could run the game. I installed the base game + a few expansions and then I started the game. I've chosen a town, Sunset Valley, and after 25 minutes of loading(25 minutes again) it loaded, but the performance was so poor and bad, not only the video, but the audio was lagging too. I was forced to restart the laptop and uninstall all the Sims games.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:26 AM
Ok I looked online and I found this:
Desktop Dell OptiPlex 3046 MT Intel Core Skylake i5-6500 1TB 8GB
Turbo: 3.60
Memory: 8 GB

Will this run Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff packs without any problems? Also, do I have to change my LG monitor?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:55 AM
Ok, I looked further on the Internet for new computers and I found this:

Processor: AMD FX 4.0(Turbo: 4.2)
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 1050
Video memory type: Dedicated
Video memory capacity: 2 GB
Memory: 8 GB
Maximum capacity of memory(RAM): 16 GB

It is called Diaxxa PS4 KILLER. Will this computer run TS3 with all its packs with little/no lagging and no crashes at all?
Instructor
#33 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by colesprouse63
It is called Diaxxa PS4 KILLER. Will this computer run TS3 with all its packs with little/no lagging and no crashes at all?

Yes certainly it will run TS3 with all EPs, SPs, CCs & Mods, but with little/no lagging? No, because lagging is a different matter, the game will lags eventually.. even if you buy the most powerful PC, let's say you bought the new upcoming Core i9 7920X with 12 cores 24 threads, equipped with max RAM your motherboard can handle, still.. there's no guaranty that TS3 won't lags, lagging in TS3 is to be understand differently and separately from whatever computer spec you're going to buy, this is the shortest answer to give you the big picture that is the native of the game with open world concept adopted by TS3, so you won't be disappointed after you bought your new computer, so whatever you choose, choose wisely according to your needs and budget, don't make TS3 as your reference to decide, you'll be disappointed if you do.. especially with the lags.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Yes certainly it will run TS3 with all EPs, SPs, CCs & Mods, but with little/no lagging? No, because lagging is a different matter, the game will lags eventually.. even if you buy the most powerful PC, let's say you bought the new upcoming Core i9 7920X with 12 cores 24 threads, equipped with max RAM your motherboard can handle, still.. there's no guaranty that TS3 won't lags, lagging in TS3 is to be understand differently and separately from whatever computer spec you're going to buy, this is the shortest answer to give you the big picture that is the native of the game with open world concept adopted by TS3, so you won't be disappointed after you bought your new computer, so whatever you choose, choose wisely according to your needs and budget, don't make TS3 as your reference to decide, you'll be disappointed if you do.. especially with the lags.

I'm ok with a few lags, especially the Isla Paradiso ones, but I hope it won't be as unplayable as it is on my current computer. Thank you for the answer.
Page 2 of 2